Share:    Facebook Facebook Reddit

Need Help on my Dragonite
Ive recently heard about the MultiScale+Weakness Policy Dragonite and decided to get one but the dragonite i currently have is:
Dragonite
Ability: Multiscale
Nature: Jolly
Evs:252 - Health, 252-Attack,4-speed
Ivs: 5 ivs
Moves:
Dragon Dance
Dragon Claw
Earthquake
Extreme Speed

for some reason even with multiscale i get OHKO by some pokemons like a crabominable i just faced that threw an ice punch on me and i need help if i should keep this dragonite or get a new one , im open to your suggestions.
Well, crabominable's ice punch is STAB, x4 hit that was probably boosted by iron fist. If you want to live hits like that, you need to invest in your defenses. Dragonite probably doesn't need 252 attack, so you can shift some EVs around. You can try looking at smogon for some EV spread suggestions or you can use a damage calculator to ensure you live hits with your EV spread.
Resident pun-lover and VGC teambuilding enthusiast
twitter.com/arctero

@HARlBOW I was toying around with the damage calcs for your set and here's what I found. You don't need any more than 76 EVs invested into Dragonite's Attack because you're getting a +3 from the combo of Dragon Dance and Weakness Policy. That alone let's you OHKO almost any threat Dragonite faces, including Koko, Lele, and Ninetales. For Speed, you get a +1 from Dragon Dance, which means that with 196 EVs invested gives you a Speed stat of 205.5, or about 206. That enough to outspeed everything in the format except Pheromosa and Scarfchomp. Both of these however can't OHKO you with Ice Beam and Dragon Claw respectively, and you can certainly OHKO them back at +3. I'm not sure how to spread the remaining 236 EVs, but hopefully knowing how to invest your Attack and Speed will give you some insight.

And last, yes. You're always going to get OHKO by an Iron Fist, Attack invested Crabominable. Keep Dragonite away from that thing, for Multiscale doesn't help. That's all, I wish you luck!

- 0kamii
Amethyst Ωmega - Guild Leader/Founder 

Well thank you guys for your Opinion i will certainly breed for another dragonite and invest my evs in def/spdef,health,speed and a little in attack.
Any suggestions in the ev spread though cause idk how to spread evs properly and currently shiny hunting for an adamant dragonite  Tongue