Share:    Facebook Facebook Reddit

Need some competetive dp help!
Hello people. A few friends of mine are playing diamond and pearl and I was like yeah, why not join em. Once i catch up I wana do some battling against them. I started playing competetive in bw so i have no idea what works and what doesnt in DPPT. Can you guys give me some general DPPT general competetive tips about pokemon and movesets? My ingame team at the moment is starravia, gyarados, gastrodon, gabite and monferno (bidoof as hm slave). The team wont exactly be full lvl 100 perfect ivs evs and nature, but i need to be able to handle myself vs a casual who uses a deoxys haha. The pokemon i got now are decent in later games, but how about dppt?
I think Infernape was in OU in Diamond and Pearl, so go ahead and use him. Maybe look on Smogon for a move set?
Life only happens once. Make the most out of it.

I main Tracer for some reason...
My Friend Safari is Flying with Pidgey, Fletchiender and Swanna. Feel free to add me!

Also, my name is Hayden... Why am I Johnnyspyguy?
Thanks for the reply! Anybody know the best dppt OU mons? The amount of OU mons in dppt is huge.

Edit: want a in game team compwtetivly built based on gyardos and garchomp. They dont all have to be ou (since garchomp is uber) but have to be easy accessible atleast!
i'd pick something up like weavile, bronzong, blissey and maybe rotom-h or machamp for the type coverage
If my memory serves me well (and sometimes it does) my competitive team for DPPT was Infernape, Weavile, Spiritomb, Garchomp, Blissey, and I believe Rotom-wash or Rotom-Heater. This was my team and it did well in my town at the time, though I haven't used it in a long time lol. I think this is an OU team, but I honestly can't remember.
Pokemon trainer since 2004!
@pritchman227 this is totally random but I wasn't even born when you became a Pokemon trainer lol
Life only happens once. Make the most out of it.

I main Tracer for some reason...
My Friend Safari is Flying with Pidgey, Fletchiender and Swanna. Feel free to add me!

Also, my name is Hayden... Why am I Johnnyspyguy?