Share:    Facebook Facebook Reddit

New Battler Team Advice
Hey, i have been playing pokemon, off and on, ever since the original games came out. I never really got into competive battles and now i am working on building a team for the first time. So i dont necessairly have a whole lot of experience with building a competive team, however i have been able to breed some pokemon.

So far i dont have a complete team, i cant really settle down on a team ... which is why i need some help.

Format: VGA? I would happy to just have a team to take the the battle tree before going all out VGA.

The below are the pokemon i have breed so far with perfect IVs (Weeks of breeding :P)

Magnezone 
Magnetic Pull
Modest (I also have one Quite)
I didnt train any EVs yet
No Items yet ...
Thunderbolt
HP Fire
Volt Switch
Flash Cannon

I want to use magnezone to trap and kill steel types, i also like having someone with the mobility of VoltSwitch

Exeggcutor
Modest (I also have one Quite)
No Items yet ...
Flamerthrower
Leaf Storm
Draco Meteor
Idk if i want to go Trickroom all the pokemon i like happen to be superslow :P

I am considering this guy as a Trickroom setter or Special Sweeper

Golispod
Adamant
No Items yet ...
Spikes
Liquidation
Leech Life
First Impression

I want to use Golispod as a spike setter or physical sweeper

I am considering a few different pokemon what i would love is to get someone who has a nice Stealth Rock set up instead of spikes on golsipod. I happen to have a Slowbro but i didnt breed him yet ....

Possible Fire types
turtonator or salazzle (In case i cant get Trickroom Set up)

Also considering 
Mimikyu as a physical sweeper
klefki with Dual Screens
Slowbro to replace Golsipod possibly

If i can get pokemon from a trade or pokebank
Diancie (I know she isnt in Moon/Sun)
... i cant think of any others but i been looking for a few days
By VGA, do you mean VGC? VGC is the official, Nintendo supported, battle format. If so, stealth rocks and spikes are not effective and are a waste of a move spot.
Just a fossil from the days of olde.
Sword and Shield Trades
Lol yes that one, told you I am newer. I don't mind if it isn't fully VGC, I would be happy just to play competently in the battle tree for starts.