Share:    Facebook Facebook Reddit

New Competitive Battler!~
Rainbow 
Hello!~

Recently I've been in love with IV breeding and EV Training, and I really wanted to make a good competitive team...
however I know nothing about it to get started.

Is anyone nice enough to teach me the ways of competitive battling? :D

Also, I would like to use one of the following pokemon as my main for a team:
  • Nidoqueen[Image: 031.png]
    Possible Moves: Skull Bash
    Ability: Sheer Force
  • Flareon[Image: 136.png]
    Possible Moves: Rest/Snore
    Ability: Guts
    Item: A status inducing orb

• Musharna[Image: 518.png]
    Possible Moves: Gravity/Pain Split/Moonlight
    Ability: Telepathy

Could someone please help me make a good starter team with one of them?
Quick reply lol

Nidoqueen: Since Nidoqueen has a wide variety move pools on the special side, you can go with ice beam or earth power (or maybe poison jab if you want to go a mix set). Attach a life orb for more stab and you're good to go. I know skull bash is an egg move, but I don't think it's the wise choice to have your opponent a free turn to attack in the first turn.

Flareon: I recommend toxic orb, since the flame orb doesn't activate on fire types. The rest/snore set seems interesting; I have a Flareon w/ wish and protect for recovery. Always go with Facade if you're going to have status-boosting conditions.

Musharna: You might go w/ synchronize w/ this one, Telepathy is manageable in a doubles format. The possible moves are great for Musharna for defense and recovery; I'm just curious If this is a supportive single set for your team though.

Overall; be careful about Earthquakes. The Pokemon you have are very susceptible against Pokemon like Landorus or maybe Krookadile.
Sleep is important, so take a nap -_- (zzzzzzz....)
We can always battle if you want; it's the best way to learn!
(Aug 3, 2016, 09:45 PM)nightburstpkmn Wrote: Quick reply lol

Nidoqueen: Since Nidoqueen has a wide variety move pools on the special side, you can go with ice beam or earth power (or maybe poison jab if you want to go a mix set). Attach a life orb for more stab and you're good to go. I know skull bash is an egg move, but I don't think it's the wise choice to have your opponent a free turn to attack in the first turn.

Flareon: I recommend toxic orb, since the flame orb doesn't activate on fire types. The rest/snore set seems interesting; I have a Flareon w/ wish and protect for recovery. Always go with Facade if you're going to have status-boosting conditions.

Musharna: You might go w/ synchronize w/ this one, Telepathy is manageable in a doubles format. The possible moves are great for Musharna for defense and recovery; I'm just curious If this is a supportive single set for your team though.

Overall; be careful about Earthquakes. The Pokemon you have are very susceptible against Pokemon like Landorus or maybe Krookadile.

I think on Nidoqueen, you would want Sludge Wave over Poison Jab in most situations though @nightburstpkmn
I guess; I was thinking of Pokemon like Sylveon or Gardevoir. Sludge wave works too Smile for maybe a quick stab @"le2017"
Sleep is important, so take a nap -_- (zzzzzzz....)
(Aug 3, 2016, 10:10 PM)nightburstpkmn Wrote: I guess; I was thinking of Pokemon like Sylveon or Gardevoir. Sludge wave works too Smile for maybe a quick stab @"le2017"

It would probably wotk tbh, it's just not as standard I guess, but I can see it being useful for Sylveon, especially in UU. @nightburstpkmn
(Aug 3, 2016, 10:15 PM)le2017 Wrote:
(Aug 3, 2016, 10:10 PM)nightburstpkmn Wrote: I guess; I was thinking of Pokemon like Sylveon or Gardevoir. Sludge wave works too Smile for maybe a quick stab @"le2017"

It would probably wotk tbh, it's just not as standard I guess, but I can see it being useful for Sylveon, especially in UU. @nightburstpkmn
That Pesky Sylveon! Rolleyes
Shimono Hiro!

Honestly, the best way to learn to battle is to (you guessed it) BATTLE. It's not something we can type out for you. You just have to become more experienced by battling other trainers.

Assuming that you want to use these Pokemon in Single battles,

Nidoqueen, Flareon and Musharna fit best on Balanced offense teams from my experience. Balanced teams follow a formula of 1 Sweeper, 1-2 Wallbreakers, 1 Stallbreaker, 2-3 Walls/Pivots, 1 Hazard Setter and 1 Hazard Remover. The number variations of course imply that some Pokemon can fulfill more than one role

Nidoqueen works best as a special attacker because of Sheer Force and it's amazing coverage options. It has way more special moves that take advantage of the ability plus its special moves generally do more damage. It can be ran with either Life Orb (for a more offensive set) or Black Sludge (for a more defensive). Note that Sheer Force negates the damage taken from Life Orb. Generally you want to run Stealth Rock on all your sets. Outside of that you can run moves such as Sludge Wave, Earth Power, Toxic Spikes, Roar, Dragon Tail, Fire Blast, Thunderbolt, Ice Beam etc. The moves and held item you choose should take the other team members into consideration

Flareon works best with Choice Band or Toxic Orb in my opinion. Scarf is a waste because base 65 speed isn't going anywhere plus the previous two items allow Flareon to become a devastating wallbreaker which is what I feel it works best as. It can also run a Cleric set with Wish, Protect, Heal Bell and Lava Plume with max HP and SpDef with a Calm nature. Generally you'd be running Flare Blitz, Superpower, Double Edge (Facade if Toxic Orb) and Quick Attack on an offensive set

Musharna can be a good pivot and Calm Mind sweeper if played correctly. Not much to say here other than Calm Mind, Moonlight, Stored Power and Signal Beam.

Quick Edit :- Use the team building formula I posted here and test out other mons you'd feel comfortable using. Team building for others generally doesn't work out because not everyone can use every team or better yet not everyone would be comfortable with a team suggested for them