Share:    Facebook Facebook Reddit

New competitive player looking for help
Hi! So basically I need help building a team. I would like to build it around either a mega garchomp or mega charizard X. I honestly have no idea what I should do to fill the rest of the team though which is my problem so advice would be great Smile
What type of team do you want?
an offensive one or an all out support for CHARIZARD/garchomp?
I would start by creating a solid defensive core, then adding charizard and go from there. Look at weaknesses/coverage of your other pokemon to fill up the remaining 2 spots.
(Aug 2, 2016, 12:17 AM)Aegiboy Wrote: What type of team do you want?
I'm looking for an offensive team as that fits my play style much more than a defensive/stall team. Also I'm a bit confused about the IV checking guy, when he says "stats can't be beat". Do you have perfect IVs if he says each individual stat can't be beat like "attack can't be be beat, defense can't be beat" etc etc or is it at the end after he says stuff like outstanding overall potential this stat is great so is this one this one to and then finishes with "stats like those can't be beat" so if you could clear that up for me it would be great.
(Aug 2, 2016, 03:30 AM)Muzite Wrote:
(Aug 2, 2016, 12:17 AM)Aegiboy Wrote: What type of team do you want?
I'm looking for an offensive team as that fits my play style much more than a defensive/stall team. Also I'm a bit confused about the IV checking guy, when he says "stats can't be beat". Do you have perfect IVs if he says each individual stat can't be beat like "attack can't be be beat, defense can't be beat" etc etc or is it at the end after he says stuff like outstanding overall potential this stat is great so is this one this one to and then finishes with "stats like those can't be beat" so if you could clear that up for me it would be great.

First he lists all the stats which are the highest, they may or may not be maxed up to 31 just because he lists them. The last thing he says will tell you if they are 31s or not. If he says "Stats like these can't be beat!" then they are maxed IVs, but only the ones he listed. If he doesn't say that, keep breeding until you get more 31 IVs.
Can you h*ck me a Ditto?
(Aug 1, 2016, 10:25 AM)Muzite Wrote: Hi! So basically I need help building a team. I would like to build it around either a mega garchomp or mega charizard X. I honestly have no idea what I should do to fill the rest of the team though which is my problem so advice would be great Smile

Throw random mons it and see what happens. Charizard X works in nearly every playstyle, however, I can't really comment on Mega Garchomp due to me rarely using it and rarely seeing it when battling. Charizard needs hazard support, something to switch in on moves it's weak to and something to get rid of Pokemon that check it (off the bat Azumarill and Landorus-T check Charizard-X very easily). Easiest core I can think of is Charizard-X + Ferrothorn + Manaphy/Clefable or Charizard X + Excadrill (SR) + Tyranitar
(Aug 4, 2016, 05:19 AM)Marcusube Wrote:
(Aug 1, 2016, 10:25 AM)Muzite Wrote: Hi! So basically I need help building a team. I would like to build it around either a mega garchomp or mega charizard X. I honestly have no idea what I should do to fill the rest of the team though which is my problem so advice would be great Smile

Throw random mons it and see what happens. Charizard X works in nearly every playstyle, however, I can't really comment on Mega Garchomp due to me rarely using it and rarely seeing it when battling. Charizard needs hazard support, something to switch in on moves it's weak to and something to get rid of Pokemon that check it (off the bat Azumarill and Landorus-T check Charizard-X very easily). Easiest core I can think of is Charizard-X + Ferrothorn + Manaphy/Clefable or Charizard X + Excadrill (SR) + Tyranitar
ok ty very much I'll definitely keep this in mind. I've been doing what you said at the beginning and throwing in random mons and different team building sites and stuff and reading guides and I have a team I'm going to try but I really like the charizard,excadrill,tyranitar core sounds pretty good.
ty to everybody who replied you've all been very helpful!
Mega Garchomp is a monster attacker, but always has the crippling 4x weakness to ice. I would at least have one pokemon who can counter Garchomp's huge weakness.

I used to run a mega Garchomp, and it made me realize M-Garchomp can't handle everything like I thought it could.

This is, if you decide to run the mega Garchomp instead of the Charizard X.