Share:    Facebook Facebook Reddit

Nintendo's Creators Program does not include Pokemon Games
For those who don't know, after years of stealing profits from YouTube videos, Nintendo is finally offering a program to give content creators a 60% cut of the profits. However, Nintendo is doing this terribly. In order for Content Creators to receive any money, they must delete any video's that are not on this whitelist.

https://r.ncp.nintendo.net/whitelist/

Not only is this terribly anti-consumer, considering that these content creators cannot play any non-Nintendo game, but two of Nintendo's biggest franchises, Smash and Pokemon, are nowhere on this list. So if huge Nintendo content creators like Justin and JWittz want to make money off Nintendo products, they have to delete every single Pokemon or Smash video, which would kill their channel.

That's just my take on it though.

Thoughts?
#TeamForum
LETS GO SOX
I'm pretty sure JWittz and Justin are in ways protected from Nintendo by Nintendo since they've worked with them in the past and continue to work with them on official events and so on. (I have no proof of this though...)

It's other creators I'm more worried about. The only loophole I see for the program itself is to create a separate channel for Nintendo itself and run everything else off your main channel, but the fact that Pokemon and Smash aren't on the whitelist confuses me. I'm pretty much 100% positive that the majority of Nintendo content on Youtube is those two games.

Eh, hopefully someone with more experience with this system will pop up and clarify things.
I'm the lead developer for the site! (Formerly My Cupcake Money)
[ My Stream | My Pokeradar Thing ]
Let me know if anything comes up~
Let me rephrase my previous comment because I read about 80% of that wrong the first time. By not letting Pokemon and Smash on the whitelist this actually allows for more gameplay of Nintendo's various games to be shown more. Which I don't blame them. Nintendo ATM is looked at only as Smash and Pokemon being the top games. A really big Con is those that do have their channel living off Pokemon/Smash content because to get this cut they gotta delete their entire start up and start all over again.