Share:    Facebook Facebook Reddit

Noob Question about IVs
Hey guys!

I'm not new to Pokemon but I'm kinda new with making a Competitive team

Just gonna ask how do you know if the Pokemon you just bred has complete IVs?
if u are wondering how u know complete iv,s on a pokemon first u need to fly to kilode city and go inside the pokecenter and then there should be in a far left corner a lady and she will tell u the ivs of one of your pokemon ( also this is the location of where it would be in x and y) I don't have OR/AS so I don't know the location in that one but I hope u find this helpful
If you are wondering about the OR/AS location for IV checker, it's in the battle resort, only obtainable after the delta episode. The IV checker is in the Pokecenter as an ace trainer on the left. If you ask him to check the potential of your Pokemon, he'll tell you if the stats are good or not. If he says a certain stat, like HP "Stats like those... They simply can't be beat!" It means that it has perfect 31 IVs.
Hey Hex before you start breeding a ton of pokes... what methods and items are you using, because since you had no idea where the iv evaluator was, it sounds like you could be breeding random pokemon. Let me know what breeding tools and pokemon you have so I can help.
I have ORAS, and I have a Ditto with only 3 complete IVs and an Everstone. I heard you need Destiny Knot to completely transfer IVs from a Ditto?
It's kinda difficult getting a Ditto here in ORAS cause I don't think I can find one.
(Dec 1, 2014, 02:28 AM)NyteHex Wrote: I have ORAS, and I have a Ditto with only 3 complete IVs and an Everstone. I heard you need Destiny Knot to completely transfer IVs from a Ditto?
It's kinda difficult getting a Ditto here in ORAS cause I don't think I can find one.

Dittos are recommended since they can breed with any pokemon that is female. Destiny knot transfers IVs from the holder onto the pokemon however full IVs are never guaranteed to transfer. Everstones are given to the mother to hold to transfer natures.
Ferny dittos can breed with males or females.

Not exactly sure where to find the Destiny Knot in ORAS since I have not come accross it just yet, but serebii.net should help point the way if theres not already a guide on here. I would recommend getting at least 2 dittos that cover all 6iv's which I can trade you if you want. If your going to go this route I would suggest using the time machine method which will save you some time breeding.

The most convienient thing to do would be to ask a powersaver on here for a 6iv foriegn ditto which will not only allow you to skip the time machine method but will also allow you to breed for shines and competitive shinies once you aquire the shiny charm.

There is alot that goes into making a competitive team. I suggest you read up on ev spreads, items and move sets before you start breeding like crazy. Breeding 6iv pokemon can be useless if your uninformed about egg moves and how they are passed down.