Share:    Facebook Facebook Reddit

Nuzlocke Challenges
Hey Guys,

Just wanting to know, what is your stance on Nuzlocke Challenges? Do you feel they add an extra challenge to the core gameplay of the game or is the gameplay irrelevant if you only focus on team building and/or PVP (player verses player)?

I've started my very first nuzlocke challenge on youtube, needing a break from competitive battling and teambuilding (on showdown) and find the task quite refreshing.

So I guess the question can also be rephrased as; Does playing the core game of any pokemon game (obtaining gym badges, filling pokedex, beating elite four, etc) enhance or detract from the main design of pokemon, Battling (Competitive or non-competitive) aspect?

Cheers
I think they're cool and add a extra twist to the play through
#TeamForum

It definitely forces you to be more conservative and gives immediate ramifications on gameplay.
Love the idea but I get bored when I do them.
I always try one but when a guy I love dies I give up XP
I'm really feeling it when you have a pokemon which dies. Much bigger setback but much more rewarding when they survive and win a battle lol
My favorite thing about Nuzlocke Challenges is that it forces you to (sometimes) use pokemon that you would not normally use.
For example, I used a Doduo in one of my Nuzlockes. Before I hated it, but now, I love my three headed Superfreak!
Who do u do a nuzlock radmommizer
I think Nuzlockes are a lot of fun, I did one on ORAS for the heck of it. I also did one on Emerald when I used to have the ROM on my computer/phone. :P I sometimes add extra rules (esp for ORAS) if I think it's too easy.
(Feb 20, 2015, 01:37 PM)Jamman2000 Wrote: Who do u do a nuzlock radmommizer

http://pokehacks.dabomstew.com/randomizer/

This is what I use and I'm fairly certain a lot of Let's Players use this one as well. It supports all roms up to Gen 6 (X,Y, ORAS)

Really simple to use as well