Share:    Facebook Facebook Reddit

Tales of Entrainment
In pursuit of my goal of obtaining every released Hidden Ability Pokemon, I have had to put together some strategies to most efficiently obtain certain HA Pokemon.  This is especially true with Pokemon whose Hidden Ability is obtained through Horde encounters.  Many of these horde encounters present unique challenges such as status infliction, stat boosting, or other factors that complicate the identification and capture of HA horde encounters.  I have outlined some of my (self-described) more clever solutions to these issues in the links below.  I will be adding to this list periodically if it proves interesting.

Skorupi
Bellsprout
Mareep
Heatmor
Roggenrola

-sandragon13
Is this for XY? Because I used poison gas on Gligar hordes so I could get a Poison heal Gliscor (Gligar's HA is Immunity, therefore would not get poisoned when I used Poison gas
(Feb 18, 2015, 09:43 AM)Eckley Wrote: Is this for XY? Because I used poison gas on Gligar hordes so I could get a Poison heal Gliscor (Gligar's HA is Immunity, therefore would not get poisoned when I used Poison gas

XY and/or ORAS, though admittedly in ORAS you can just DexNav everything for its HA. Good call with the Gligar, that's precisely the type of intuitive design I was shooting for with this.
-sandragon13
What I do when I am looking for HAs on pokemon in horde battles is use audino with simple beam. It changes the pokemons ability to simple giving you a message of what the old ability was. So that way if you find the hidden ability just kill off the rest of the horde and catch the special one!
(Feb 18, 2015, 10:29 AM)Vexian Wrote: What I do when I am looking for HAs on pokemon in horde battles is use audino with simple beam. It changes the pokemons ability to simple giving you a message of what the old ability was. So that way if you find the hidden ability just kill off the rest of the horde and catch the special one!

Yep, that works too. Same with Worry Seed. I've actually included a Simple Beam example in my most recent update.
-sandragon13
For Heatmor/Durant and Zangoose/Seviper I'd use Skill Swap Telepathy Gardevoir.