Share:    Facebook Facebook Reddit

[ORAS] About the DexNav...
Question 
Hello!
I don't know if this has been discussed already, but I'm pretty sure it has. Not willing to look around, tbh...
Thing is, I have heard DexNav increases the odds of finding Shiny Pokémon.
I haven't been able to find 100% reliable information about DexNav... Everything I read starts with "Research suggests..." or "My experience is..."
Some say the chaining won't affect the odds since these are fixed, about the same rates as the Friend Safari in Pokémon X/Y.
Also, I have the Shiny Charm. I've read some stating that it increases the odds more, others say it doesn't help with DexNav hunting.
I've even watched a video from JWittz about shiny hunting, and although they cover DexNav hunting, they state the information's still not exact.
My question is, how much of all this is actually true?
The fact that it has a higher shiny rate?
I do think the rate being the same as the FS is somewhat realistic. It's most likely "chains" do not exist because of how long or short some of them can be.
(Jul 2, 2016, 04:48 PM)ShinyJigglypuff Wrote: The fact that it has a higher shiny rate?
I do think the rate being the same as the FS is somewhat realistic. It's most likely "chains" do not exist because of how long or short some of them can be.

The only thing I've been able to prove by DexNav chaining is that every 5 encounters you get a higher level Pokémon than the average, and this level resets every 100 encounters, I think. And the higher the search level, more chances of finding Pokémon with hidden abilities, egg moves or Potential.
Dexnav has a fixed ratio. so chaining or using shiny charm doesnt effect the odds of you getting a shiny.
Check the dates on those videos. a lot of the more popular vids/sites were posted while people were still figuring stuff out.
Spreedsheet of Friend safaris Here =)
(Jul 2, 2016, 04:55 PM)Ducky Wrote: Dexnav has a fixed ratio. so chaining or using shiny charm doesnt effect the odds of you getting a shiny.
Check the dates on those videos. a lot of the more popular vids/sites were posted while people were still figuring stuff out.

So this means it has the same ratio as the Friend Safari? (1/512 I think?)
It's likely.
Due to the fact that pokemon has officaly stated, we are not 100% sure. but from everyones field tests and data it looks to be about 1/512 - 1/308.
@Ducky Personally I think 1/308 is much too high especially from the fact you have the DexNav from pretty much the start of the game, just my opinion though.
The odds of finding a shiny Pokemon when dexnaving are 1/512, the same as the Friend Safari. It has been found out that the shiny charm does affect the odds when dexnaving, making it 1/201. Chaining does not increase the shiny odds but does increase the chance to get better IVs and such. Here is a shiny odds list that aDrive made https://docs.google.com/document/d/1bUk8...0gvBrk/pub.

More information at https://docs.google.com/document/d/1e4y6...BpUgU/edit.
The minute you think of giving up, think of the reason why you held on so long.
I feel the same way. but max chaining on the radar gets you to 1/200 so it would make sense to have it somewhere in the middle of 1/200 and 1/512