Share:    Facebook Facebook Reddit

[ORAS] Difference between singles and doubles (VGC)
I've noticed that there are alot of new battlers in the community and while I think that is great, some still do not understand the difference between singles (Smogon) and doubles (VGC). Now you do not have to play by Smogon or VGC rules these are the most popular formats of the 2.

Quick decription:
Smogon- a community made battle style. The people of this community try their best to balance the meta game (For instance those banned to Ubers cant participate in OU battles such as Greninja and Mega Mawile.) Some people find this a "bad way to battle" and tend to blame smogon for ruining the game. Contrary to that belief it is the community that bans that certain pokemon not Smogon so dont blame them.

VGC- the official battle style of pokemon worlds and nationals. This is played with double battle style and pokemon must follow rules such as no duplicate items and must be bred with a little pyramid at the bottom right corner of the pokemon while viewing it. (next to the shiny star if pokemon is shiny).

Now that we know a little about the 2 styles of battling click this link http://nuggetbridge.com/articles/differe...s-pokemon/ and it will take you to the thread and tell you the difference between the 2 in greater detail, including strategy for newer battlers. Hope this helped and have fun battling! :P
"Oh good, he isn't mod anymore"

-Everyone

plug
Gotta give you props Mudkip for making this post. I agree that people in the community need to know the rule sets of both Smogon Singles and VGC Doubles and how they should make their sets and adapt
[Insert signature here]
thnx for helping, Mudkip :D