Share:    Facebook Facebook Reddit

[ORAS] Help for trick room team?
Obviously from the title you already know.
I've been working on a trick room team and I'm starting to have a hard time deciding what pokemons to use. I need some help & recommended Pokemon I should use.
Is two trick room setters good? What can back them up and stuff like that?
So far I have four Pokemon down that I like.

Cresselia @ mental herb
Ability levitate
Relaxed nature
Evs
236HP/204Def/70SpD

Moves:
Psyshock
Helping hand
Ice beam
Trick room

Heatran @ shuca berry
Ability flash fire
Quiet nature
Evs
180HP/252SpA/78SpD

Moves:
Heat wave
Earth power
Flash cannon
Protect

Mawile @ mawilite
Ability intimidate
Adamant nature
Evs
252HP/252Atk/6Spd

Moves:
Sucker punch
Play rough
Rock slide
Protect

Hariyama @ assault vest
Ability thick fat
Adamant nature
Evs
252Atk/6Def/252SpD

Moves:
Close combat
Knock off
Bullet punch
Fake out

That's about it, please help me out really wanna use this team.
So far the team looks very similar to that of Aaron Zheng's trick room team, with all of your members so far being in his team. He rounded the team off with a sash Abomasnow and Specs Sylveon. His mentality with the team was to set up trick room turn one with Cresselia, which with its natural bulk is almost guaranteed with Fake Out support. With Mawile's massive attack stat he could easily take out key threats and with his last 3 he wanted strong spread moves (Heatran's Heat Wave, Abomasnow's Blizzard and Sylveon's Hyper Voice) and chose which one to bring based on match up.

This kind of team with its sheer offensive pressure is useful on the lower ladder against opponents who don't have an answer to Trick room, but once you get higher up you'll find people are more able to stall out Trick room turns and put you in a less favourable position. You also want to be able to clean up the opponents team outside of Trick room, so Sucker Punch on Mawile is most likely preferable over Rock Slide and simply have a Pokemon that walls Talonflame and Zard Y, such as in Aaron's case Heatran.

As for actually adding two members to your team, it depends how you want the team to function. Would you prefer to be a stronger trick room team but rather one dimensional, or more flexible with a fast mode for when Trick room is not favourable.

I also recommend taking a look at other options for EVs, move choices and items after you have chosen your last members to better take on key threats.
Yea I was thinking about getting around other teams because you're right about those people that can stall me out and take the win. And yea I need help with pokemons to add to work outside of trick room because I've been just using a full trick room and it hasn't been doing so good with the really good players.
I was also thinking about switching out hariyama for conk but idk what do you recommend?
Brave nature > adamant under trick room. Also Iron head > rock slide on mawile.

I've used pretty much this exact same team.

It's okay but it didn't feel right to have such a close copy of Aarons team.
Shachi's a monster to go against -  wpendragon

Semolina pilchard, climbing up the Eiffel Tower. Elementary penguin singing Hari Krishna.
Man, you should have seen them kicking Edgar Allan Poe.
(Oct 20, 2015, 10:47 AM)Shachi Wrote: Brave nature > adamant under trick room. Also Iron head > rock slide on mawile.

I don't think it was an intentional copy, due to the sets being very different. Such as Shuca Berry Flash Cannon Heatran over Sub LO and Mental Herb Cress over Sitrus, as well as Aaron's being far more offensive.

An interesting strategy I've heard is leading Goth Scarf Lando, trapping them in at -1 attack and U-turning in to Mawile (or a more appropriate check to your opponent's lead), leaving you with two -2 enemies and a Mega Mawile in Trick room. Mawile with its great typing and huge offense tears holes through the opponents team and KOs the Dark types that threaten Goth, while Goth supports it with Helping Hand. Lando also has a pretty good time against steel types, specifically Aegislash which wrecks the standard Maile Goth TR core. And with Lando's speed it can easily clean up if/when TR expires.
(Oct 20, 2015, 11:07 AM)RebornFX Wrote:
(Oct 20, 2015, 10:47 AM)Shachi Wrote: Brave nature > adamant under trick room. Also Iron head > rock slide on mawile.

I don't think it was an intentional copy, due to the sets being very different. Such as Shuca Berry Flash Cannon Heatran over Sub LO and Mental Herb Cress over Sitrus, as well as Aaron's being far more offensive.

An interesting strategy I've heard is leading Goth Scarf Lando, trapping them in at -1 attack and U-turning in to Mawile (or a more appropriate check to your opponent's lead), leaving you with two -2 enemies and a Mega Mawile in Trick room. Mawile with its great typing and huge offense tears holes through the opponents team and KOs the Dark types that threaten Goth, while Goth supports it with Helping Hand. Lando also has a pretty good time against steel types, specifically Aegislash which wrecks the standard Maile Goth TR core. And with Lando's speed it can easily clean up if/when TR expires.

Was just so close that it looks like a direct copy, I did a copy of aarons team but swaped out sitrus for mental herb aswell, and went with calm mind pixie plate sylveon.
I didn't like hariyama really, feelt it was stronger to open with full on DMG.
I like the idea of gothitelle sadly it's to weak to dark it NEVER survives a knock off from anything (not really but she is weak is my point)
Shachi's a monster to go against -  wpendragon

Semolina pilchard, climbing up the Eiffel Tower. Elementary penguin singing Hari Krishna.
Man, you should have seen them kicking Edgar Allan Poe.
(Oct 20, 2015, 11:16 AM)Shachi Wrote:
(Oct 20, 2015, 11:07 AM)RebornFX Wrote:

Was just so close that it looks like a direct copy, I did a copy of aarons team but swaped out sitrus for mental herb aswell, and went with calm mind pixie plate sylveon.
I didn't like hariyama really, feelt it was stronger to open with full on DMG.
I like the idea of gothitelle sadly it's to weak to dark it NEVER survives a knock off from anything (not really but she is weak is my point)

There's only so many original ideas in the world. I think it's best not to get caught up in it at the expense of your team. Zeitgeist bros!

Anyhow I am a firm believer in having two trick room setters on a dedicated trick room and am a big fan of aromatisse'. It blocks dem taunts and has good support options and usable bulky stats.

Also I like having at least one guy on a trick room team that can operate well outside of the trick room, like something that spams priority or a single fast/scarfed guy. That's just me though
I use a slowbro with trick room, flamethrower, scald, and a psychic attack. It works pretty well. Plus mine has the regenerator ability and leftovers. I'm also about to try an executor with trickroom but I haven't finished building him up so I don't know quite how he shapes up yet.
THANKS FOR THE HELP GUYS!!!