Share:    Facebook Facebook Reddit

[ORAS] Magnemite Weaknesses Not Working
For some odd reason when I attack with Flying Press from my closplay Pickachu on a Magnemite, I get the "not very effective" sound? Its a fighting type move its supposed to be super effective. It doesn't do much damage I don't understand. Is it the move or my pickachu, maybe the game is messed up? Huh
Flying Press is a dual Fighting/Flying type move. Although the fighting type is super effective against Magnemite's Steel typing, the Flying type isn't very effective against Magnemite's Electric typig so they cancel each other out causing Flying Press to be a neutral attack against Magnemite
(Oct 17, 2015, 07:35 PM)Eckley Wrote: Flying Press is a dual Fighting/Flying type move. Although the fighting type is super effective against Magnemite's Steel typing, the Flying type isn't very effective against Magnemite's Electric typig so they cancel each other out causing Flying Press to be a neutral attack against Magnemite

Whoa I had no idea, thank you for telling me! I didn't know that dual moves were a thing. I thought I could get pass the gym easily with my cosplay Pikachu. I'll have to think of a different strategy. Thanks again ^^/
(Oct 17, 2015, 07:40 PM)tinymousehat Wrote:
(Oct 17, 2015, 07:35 PM)Eckley Wrote: Flying Press is a dual Fighting/Flying type move. Although the fighting type is super effective against Magnemite's Steel typing, the Flying type isn't very effective against Magnemite's Electric typig so they cancel each other out causing Flying Press to be a neutral attack against Magnemite
Actually I think that might be the only duel type move in the game
Whoa I had no idea, thank you for telling me! I didn't know that dual moves were a thing. I thought I could get pass the gym easily with my cosplay Pikachu. I'll have to think of a different strategy. Thanks again ^^/

Actually it appear as "not very effective" as BOTH Steel and Electic resist Flying.

So basically you have a x2 multiplier with a x.25 multiplier, balancing out to a x.5 multiplier and the "not very effective" text.
(Oct 17, 2015, 09:41 PM)PKPatriot56 Wrote:

Actually it appear as "not very effective" as BOTH Steel and Electic resist Flying.

So basically you have a x2 multiplier with a x.25 multiplier, balancing out to a x.5 multiplier and the "not very effective" text.

Yes, you're absolutely right. I completely forgot Steel resists Flying. I'm sorry I'm not smart like you PK ;_;