Share:    Facebook Facebook Reddit

[ORAS] NA Demo (Spoilers Inside)
So, I just got my ORAS demo code and thought I'd share what I've learned from it so far.

The demo is segmented into a "series of adventures" the first one is the longest and takes you through meeting Team Aqua/Plasma and grabbing a starter from Steven. It's lv 35 and by the time you get to the first "boss fight" it'll have evolved. The battles are all ridiculously easy. You meet May in this playthrough but she doesn't do much and you don't see her again afterwards. Anyway, after the boss battle where Steven gives you your mega ring and mega stone and one-shot them, you come to a single patch of grass that contains Glalie. Fight him repeatedly til you manage to catch him and boom. First playthrough done.
Reward: You can transfer this lv 40 Glalie with his mega stone to the full game.

When you start it up again, Steven gives you the rest of the starters with their stones at lv 36. The rest of the playthroughs consist of having Steven carry you off to somewhere to do something random. Sometimes you fight a bunch of trainers, sometimes you just look around for a random Pokemon, and so on. Each playthrough unlocks a little more content. You either get items to send to the full game or unlock more NPCs in Mossdeep that give little hints. The NPC unlocks will set up a spot where NPCs will stand each time you go through another playthrough so you want to run around and check to see if the same NPCs are there each time. They seem to give little hints about stuff that'll happen in the game and people you'll meet. Like they'll have a food court and it seems like a special ramen dish might be important. Not sure what to make of that.

The 5th and 10th adventure put you up against an "expert" who actually is a mild challenge. I even almost lost against the 10th guy. I stopped for the night here. I'll update this post with what I (and you guys) find out.

New Feature: Sneaking
Lightly pushing the circle pad allows you to sneak up on Pokemon that appear in tall grass and in small spots of open space in the middle of tall grass. This seems to replace the old "shaking grass" system for finding a few rarer pokemon in an area. It's kinda weird to get used to and it's not implemented well enough in the demo to see how useful it'll be since the demo seems to have you run into the same pokemon depending on where you are no matter what.

Anyway, here's the rewards I've unlocked:
(1st) Lv 40 Glalie@Glalitite
(3rd) Pokeballs x10
(5th) Heal Balls x10
(10th) Heart Scales x5
I might be wrong about which playthrough you get them, I didn't write it down at the time. Please correct me.

Extra info for the demo:
- Every house is locked. You can't get into any of them. So don't waste your time trying to.
- After beating the 10th playthrough, Steven stops counting the number of playthroughs and nothing else seems to get unlocked from "going on an adventure".
- The northeast house has an invisible "something" blocking the way and I haven't found a way to do anything about it yet.
- Just to the south of Steven in the shallow water there's some weird twisty, tree-covered path. It looks suspicious but nothing's in there so far.
- There's a rocketship on a launchpad just chilling on the north part of the island and talk of researchers trying to get into space so... space exploration? =D
- The site says "Look for special scenarios that occur if you play every day." so... I'll be playing a few times every day and see what happens.
I'm the lead developer for the site! (Formerly My Cupcake Money)
[ My Stream | My Pokeradar Thing ]
Let me know if anything comes up~
The invisible thing in front of the house is most likely an emerald reference to the kecleons that were invisible and acted like that
Ninetales iz rly cewl kthnxbye
And also, there is a special hidden mission that appears randomly as an option with steven that lets you go do a mission with May
Ninetales iz rly cewl kthnxbye