Share:    Facebook Facebook Reddit

[ORAS] Pokemon strategies
Topics about your favorite strategies right here
My strategy is to strike fear in my opponent as soon as I start to battle. Dismantle their pokemon and rip them into pieces, one by one, all those hours training, breeding, caring for those pokemon all gone. Destroy the team that your opponent put hours, days, even maybe months into and watch them cry as they go down on their knees and beg for mercy, because all their hard work went down the toilet. All that work and effort into building what they thought was the perfect team, all gone. With 1 motion of the stylist, 1 rock slide, earthquake, waterfall, even brave bird, they suffer. They fall to defeat and cry oh do they cry andd then when its finally over... they go to the pokemon center and heal up and find someone worse to battle Kappa
"Oh good, he isn't mod anymore"

-Everyone

plug
I don't really play a set strategy. I just play an offensive team with enough support to keep it going and be ready to counter many of the common strategies that can be a threat to my team, like having a taunt ready for those TR or Will-o-wisp users.
If I have to describe my favorite strategies, balance and hyper offense are my absolute favorites but if I were to describe my playstyle it would definitely be volt-turn. For singles, I usually try to have at least three Pokemon with U-Turn/Volt Switch so I can offensive momentum immediately and give myself the best matchups possible while not compromising my own Pokemon. For VGC doubles, I tend to run hyper offensive with considerably bulky Pokemon like to setup Tailwind and/or spread Thunder Waves.
My favourite strategy is to suspect what moves the pokemon has and then get it totally wrong.my venusaur is suspected to have protect but I put synthesis and annoy the stuff out of my opponents.when the venusaur is in the red area SYNTHESIS!all the pokemon they used to get venusaur to the red area went in vain! R.I.P people!may their souls rest on peace
Amen
I prefer bulky, durable mons any day. I think it makes more sense to take more hits, and recover or switch if you think they're in trouble. Also, the sheer satisfaction of watching then think they destroyed one of your pokes, but nope, you switched into the bulkiest pokemon in existence and it does nothing. So sure, you can go first and hit harder, but at the end of the day, who's the one still at full health because of leftovers and roost?

I tend to just take random mons and throw teams together and see what works well. Also leading with a fast prankster then being a total *** and shutting down the opponents prankster with a taunt, or spamming intimidate, thats also fun. Double status moves like poison gas are also very useful. Main goal is be a pain and wear the opponent down. Cool
(Apr 11, 2015, 10:51 PM)adolf hipstar Wrote: My favourite strategy is to suspect what moves the pokemon has and then get it totally wrong.my venusaur is suspected to have protect but I put synthesis and annoy the stuff out of my opponents.when the venusaur is in the red area SYNTHESIS!all the pokemon they used to get venusaur to the red area went in vain! R.I.P people!may their souls rest on peace
Amen

I invested a bunch of evs into speed on my venusaur, it really annoys people when its outspeeding their faster mons, and setting up leech seed or ripping through ice types with hp fire.