Share:    Facebook Facebook Reddit

[ORAS] Retro's Current Playthrough Progress!
Hi guys,
Its me, RetroTyphlosion, and, as you might know, I am doing a playthrough of Omega Ruby. Since I am a slow person, this is the first time I've played ORAS, even though its a gen later. I just beat the fifth gym, the Normal Type one, and caught me a Latios, and I thought it would be good to share with my favorite Pokemon community how I'm doing so far. FYI, this is a normal playthrough, not a Nuzlocke. However, to make it more difficult, I have turned off the EXP. Share and am battling on Set mode. Not much, but I have always battled on Switch and used the EXP. Share, so its new for me.

So, I have actually, despite what I heard, found this game somewhat challenging. Mainly because I sometimes find myself underleveled. At this point in the game, I have a pretty good team, although, half of it is Flying-Type, so I'm not a fan of Electric Types. I think I've learned a bit, though, and I am a fan of all the "Nav" features on my Pokedex. So, without further ado, here is my team!  Big Grin

[Image: beautifly.png]
Beautifly (nicknamed Brooklyn)
Level 28
Female, Swarm Ability
Attract
Mega Drain
Morning Sun
Air Cutter
This cute little butterfly is honestly incredible. It does huge damge and can heal with M. Sun, while Mega Drain provides some nice coverage. I like this girl; she's here to stay.
[Image: latios.png]
Latios (nicknamed Max) @ Latiosite
Level 28
Male, Levitate Ability
Heal Pulse
Dragon Breath
Luster Purge
Surf
The newest member of the bunch, Max packs a punch (I RHYMED WOOT WOOT). Mega Latios can handle anything, and he's also my Surfer.
[Image: grovyle.png]
Grovyle (nicknamed Chad)
Level 28
Male, Overgrow Ability
Fury Cutter
Pursuit
Mega Drain
Leaf Blade
My starter, Chad can dish out damage with Leaf Blade while providing needed Electric resistance. Priority Pursuit is also a nice thing to have.
[Image: masquerain.png]
Masquerain (nicknamed Zak) @ Bright Powder
Level 28
Male, Intimidate Ability
Fell Stinger
Quick Attack
Sweet Scent
Bubble Beam
Gives me excellent Water coverage, and Intimidate speaks for itself. Sweet Scent is nice, because every now and then I like a horde battle. Zak also pretty much beat the Fire Gym for me, so thanks, buddy!
Machoke
Machoke (nicknamed Balboa)
Level 30
Male, Guts Ability
Rock Smash
Revenge
Knock Off
Wake-Up Slap
Named after the main character in my favorite movie, (props if you know what movie!), Rock Smash is excellent for its HM use, Revenge is awesome since its sorta slow, Wake-Up Slap is more powerful than you think, and Knock Off is, well, Knock Off. Kind of breaks the game, but in a good way. I'll keep him as a Machoke until the Elite Four.
Electrode
Electrode (nicknamed Bee-zort)
Level 30
Soundproof Ability
Swift
Spark
Self-Destruct
Electro Ball
Bee-zort finishes the team off, and its Electric typing has proven quite useful. Electro Ball is great, seeing how Electrode is so fast, and Spark is there in the somewhat uncommon occasion that something is faster or near Bee-zort's speed. Bee-zort can't take a hit, but its high Spec. Atk makes up for it. 
UPDATE: About a half hour after I wrote the main thread, my Voltorb evolved into this Electrode.

So, there you go. I hope you liked this, and if you have any tips for me, let me know, I'd like them very much.

Farewell, friends!

-RetroTyphlosion
VGC|Breeding|Forum Regular|Amethyst 0mega

PM me if you need help with competitive battling!
Campaigns surely are more fun when you just use mons u like and not plan everything down to detail Blush If u lvl up your Masquerain to lvl 52 by the Elite Four, it will be really strong Wink
"To believe in an ideal, is to be willing to betray it"
                 VGC, Friend Safari, Masuda
Ahh I love seeing others progress through these games! You've got a really interesting team o-:

Are you having fun with it so far? Are you noticing a big difference in difficulty with set mode/exp share off?
@PerchPond Yeah, I think its fun too, just to wing it. I picked most of these Pokemon just because they're cool. Machoke is really therre for Dark-Types, but I'm gald I have him, and I'm starting to like him quite a bit. What happens at Level 52?

@bunny I am finding the game very fun, and I am seeing a rise in difficulty, which is nice, especially since all I've heard is how easy this game is. And thanks for the compliments on the team, its a lot of fun to use.

(Oct 16, 2017, 02:37 PM)RetroTyphlosion Wrote: @PerchPond Yeah, I think its fun too, just to wing it. I picked most of these Pokemon just because they're cool. Machoke is really therre for Dark-Types, but I'm gald I have him, and I'm starting to like him quite a bit. What happens at Level 52?

@bunny I am finding the game very fun, and I am seeing a rise in difficulty, which is nice, especially since all I've heard is how easy this game is. And thanks for the compliments on the team, its a lot of fun to use.
@RetroTyphlosion Quiver Dance
(Oct 16, 2017, 03:01 PM)PerchPond Wrote:
(Oct 16, 2017, 02:37 PM)RetroTyphlosion Wrote: @PerchPond Yeah, I think its fun too, just to wing it. I picked most of these Pokemon just because they're cool. Machoke is really therre for Dark-Types, but I'm gald I have him, and I'm starting to like him quite a bit. What happens at Level 52?

@PerchPond Oooh, me likey

(Oct 16, 2017, 03:16 PM)RetroTyphlosion Wrote:
(Oct 16, 2017, 03:01 PM)PerchPond Wrote:

@PerchPond Oooh, me likey
@RetroTyphlosion Yeah it's really great for campaign Smile (I wrote it cryptically cause wanted to keep spoilers to a minimum lol) I used Butterfree for my Sun playthrough, was pretty fun
You're... You're not using Typhlosian as a starter! :O
(Oct 16, 2017, 04:13 PM)Chansey Wrote: You're... You're not using Typhlosian as a starter! :O

@Chansey Typhlosion isnt a starter in these games. Its Torchic, Treecko, and Mudkip. Blaziken, Sceptile, and Swampert. No Typhlosion.

(Oct 16, 2017, 04:31 PM)RetroTyphlosion Wrote:
(Oct 16, 2017, 04:13 PM)Chansey Wrote: You're... You're not using Typhlosian as a starter! :O

@Chansey Typhlosion isnt a starter in these games. Its Torchic, Treecko, and Mudkip. Blaziken, Sceptile, and Swampert. No Typhlosion.
Wait, you're right. I knew that...  Brain fog. Lol