Share:    Facebook Facebook Reddit

[ORAS] Your Time to Shine in the Sinnoh Classic
[Image: detail_en_17c7f838-7db7-475d-8c09-ab28dfbd4cda.jpg]

Return to the era of Pokémon Diamond and Pokémon Pearl with the Sinnoh Classic. Put together the best team you can using the first 493 Pokémon in the National Pokédex—all the Pokémon you could have originally acquired through the Kanto, Johto, Hoenn, and Sinnoh regions. In the spirit of the 2008 Video Game Showdown, one of the first worldwide Pokémon video game competitions, all battles will be Double Battles with each Trainer bringing four Pokémon to battle. Plus, like the Video Game Showdown, Legendary and Mythical Pokémon will not be allowed, nor will Dragonite, Tyranitar, and Heatran. Mega Stones will not be allowed.

All qualified participants in the Sinnoh Classic will receive a Garchomp just like the one Cynthia used as the Sinnoh League Champion in Pokémon Diamond and Pokémon Pearl. This powerful Pokémon knows Dragon Rush, Brick Break, Giga Impact, and Earthquake, just like the one on Cynthia’s dominant team.

All battles will be played in Pokémon Omega Ruby and Pokémon Alpha Sapphire. You may bring in Pokémon from earlier games via Poké Transporter. All Pokémon above Lv. 50 will be set to Lv. 50 for the duration of the match.

Registration for the Sinnoh Classic Online Competition begins Thursday, July 14, 2016, at 00:00 UTC. You’ll need a Pokémon Trainer Club account and your own copy of the Pokémon Omega Ruby or Pokémon Alpha Sapphire video game with a party of eligible Pokémon. And you’ll need to read and accept the regulations on the Pokémon Global Link before the battle period begins on July 22 at 00:00 UTC.

For more information on the Sinnoh Classic Online Competition, keep checking Pokemon.com and the Pokémon Global Link!
The minute you think of giving up, think of the reason why you held on so long.
I was waiting for this day *cries*
Life only happens once. Make the most out of it.

I main Tracer for some reason...
My Friend Safari is Flying with Pidgey, Fletchiender and Swanna. Feel free to add me!

Also, my name is Hayden... Why am I Johnnyspyguy?
Ok Gamefreak can have Cresselia be used in the Sinnoh Classic, but not Heatran or T-Tar? That's ridiculous...
Sleep is important, so take a nap -_- (zzzzzzz....)
@nightburstpkmn They're using the same rules as the 2008 Video Game Showdown, so they can't change what Pokemon are banned.
@Excalibur0126 oh I didn't know. My fault. Guess I didn't do enough research about that particular format -_-
Sleep is important, so take a nap -_- (zzzzzzz....)
@nightburstpkmn You don't have to do any research, it says so right in the post.
(Jun 27, 2016, 11:16 AM)Excalibur0126 Wrote: Return to the era of Pokémon Diamond and Pokémon Pearl with the Sinnoh Classic. Put together the best team you can using the first 493 Pokémon in the National Pokédex—all the Pokémon you could have originally acquired through the Kanto, Johto, Hoenn, and Sinnoh regions. In the spirit of the 2008 Video Game Showdown, one of the first worldwide Pokémon video game competitions, all battles will be Double Battles with each Trainer bringing four Pokémon to battle. Plus, like the Video Game Showdown, Legendary and Mythical Pokémon will not be allowed, nor will Dragonite, Tyranitar, and Heatran. Mega Stones will not be allowed.
Are "newer" items allowed then, such as Assault Vest, Gems, Red Card, etc?
@YawningCarp The only items not allowed are mega stones.
Can't believe Tyranitar and Dragonite are banned... *sighs*
I'm using Azurmarill, mine is 6IVs and has Pure Power, plus Belly drum and Aqua jet.
I'm currently EV training it. ^_^