Share:    Facebook Facebook Reddit

[PC] World of Warcraft.
(Dec 29, 2014, 10:04 AM)SCf3 Wrote: I haven't played in a few months, almost considered playing again for WoD but I honestly don't have the time.

Well when you get the time add me! It's a fantastic expansion and a lot of people are really enjoying it. Smile
I actually am an avid WoW player.

I've only played since the end of Cataclysm. Got to 6/8H in Dragon Soul after the numerous nerfs. I was a horrible player back then.

I got to 14/14H in SoO before the 6.0 patch, and that's probably my greatest accomplishment. I actually kind of miss MoP because it was the first expansion I really played the crap out of.

I was a Hunter for this tier, but I've had to switch to Brewmaster due to one of our tanks flaking out and myself being the only viable replacement.

I stream our raids. :]
(Jan 3, 2015, 07:45 PM)Xionyus Wrote: I actually am an avid WoW player.

I've only played since the end of Cataclysm. Got to 6/8H in Dragon Soul after the numerous nerfs. I was a horrible player back then.

I got to 14/14H in SoO before the 6.0 patch, and that's probably my greatest accomplishment. I actually kind of miss MoP because it was the first expansion I really played the crap out of.

I was a Hunter for this tier, but I've had to switch to Brewmaster due to one of our tanks flaking out and myself being the only viable replacement.

I stream our raids. :]

I too started during Dragon Soul. Didn't you just hate the WoW players who were like "WoW was way better during Vanilla/TBC/WOTLK" I actually liked Cataclysm and MoP is my favourite expansion, I just loved Pandaria and the Pandarens (Gnomes are still the best).
Nathan Wrote:I too started during Dragon Soul. Didn't you just hate the WoW players who were like "WoW was way better during Vanilla/TBC/WOTLK" I actually liked Cataclysm and MoP is my favourite expansion, I just loved Pandaria and the Pandarens (Gnomes are still the best).

DRAGON SOUL WAS SO BAD! KARAZHAN WAS THE BEST RAID EVER! IF ONLY THEY HAD VANILLA/BC SERVERS!

Yeah it gets annoying and repetitive. What ever raid you started with will always have a special place in your heart. While I'm sure Vanilla and BC had their days, I think a lot of it was nostalgia. I have had friends play private servers and quit within days because all of the stuff they 'missed' about the old stuff was there, but they didn't realize a lot of bugs and annoying crap was there as well.

I liked Dragon Soul because it was a raid where I had cleared a lot of content at the time, and it was the first for me.

I love MoP because it was the first expansion where I stayed with a guild the whole way through and I finally made it to an officer position and I have gotten so much better since my old Dragon Soul days. I was 'most improved.'

Also it really hurts going from 'You can solo the belts on Siegecrafter Heroic' to having to replace all of that BiS gear you had with greens and blues.

I really liked the Pandaren storyline and I love their animations.
(Jan 3, 2015, 11:18 PM)Xionyus Wrote:
Nathan Wrote:I too started during Dragon Soul. Didn't you just hate the WoW players who were like "WoW was way better during Vanilla/TBC/WOTLK" I actually liked Cataclysm and MoP is my favourite expansion, I just loved Pandaria and the Pandarens (Gnomes are still the best).

DRAGON SOUL WAS SO BAD! KARAZHAN WAS THE BEST RAID EVER! IF ONLY THEY HAD VANILLA/BC SERVERS!

Yeah it gets annoying and repetitive. What ever raid you started with will always have a special place in your heart. While I'm sure Vanilla and BC had their days, I think a lot of it was nostalgia. I have had friends play private servers and quit within days because all of the stuff they 'missed' about the old stuff was there, but they didn't realize a lot of bugs and annoying crap was there as well.

I liked Dragon Soul because it was a raid where I had cleared a lot of content at the time, and it was the first for me.

I love MoP because it was the first expansion where I stayed with a guild the whole way through and I finally made it to an officer position and I have gotten so much better since my old Dragon Soul days. I was 'most improved.'

Also it really hurts going from 'You can solo the belts on Siegecrafter Heroic' to having to replace all of that BiS gear you had with greens and blues.

I really liked the Pandaren storyline and I love their animations.

MoP was a great expansion no doubt. So far WoD is holding my interest with Highmaul. Best raiding time would be during The Burning Crusade. Very challenging but so rewarding.
(Jan 3, 2015, 11:50 PM)Aerialslayer Wrote: MoP was a great expansion no doubt. So far WoD is holding my interest with Highmaul. Best raiding time would be during The Burning Crusade. Very challenging but so rewarding.

I loved leveling up my first two characters in WoD. At first I loved the thought of Garrisons but all I've been doing recently is logging in every two hours to do my missions and then logging out. My guild took a holiday break, so we haven't been raiding. We got to 6/7h.
I think I need to rejoin WoW lol. Only problem is I'm friendless and guildless. Sad
I played on the private server Molten WoLTK. Completed ICC many times with the guild. My role was healer and my main char was a resto Druid, still my favorite. I had other healers too, with great gear and everything proffesions etc. Last summer i tried retail MoP, I did a resto druid got to level 90 did some LFR and went to Timeless Isle. Didn't enjoy MoP at all, booring way to get gear with all the pvp on timeless Isle. I completed SoO in LFR not knowing at all what i was doing, it seemed too easy. Unfortunately i was on a main pvp server and i prefer by far pve.
The gameplay of resto druid also changed in MoP some of the changes were good some were not in my opinion. Only played for 2 months, maybe sometime i will try WoD. But i miss WoW.
Everyone who has previously played WoW misses it lol.
(Jan 4, 2015, 12:06 PM)Sakabatou Wrote: I played on the private server Molten WoLTK. Completed ICC many times with the guild. My role was healer and my main char was a resto Druid, still my favorite. I had other healers too, with great gear and everything proffesions etc. Last summer i tried retail MoP, I did a resto druid got to level 90 did some LFR and went to Timeless Isle. Didn't enjoy MoP at all, booring way to get gear with all the pvp on timeless Isle. I completed SoO in LFR not knowing at all what i was doing, it seemed too easy. Unfortunately i was on a main pvp server and i prefer by far pve.
The gameplay of resto druid also changed in MoP some of the changes were good some were not in my opinion. Only played for 2 months, maybe sometime i will try WoD. But i miss WoW.

You started late into MoP. When Timeless Isle came out, it was a way to gear ALTS. The 496 gear was two tiers old. Yeah, for people coming back to the game and not playing the content before, it was a good way to get gear, but it was also a good way for PvPers to get bloody coins by killing people with no gear. If you had played from the 'somewhat' beginning you would have enjoyed it more.