Share:    Facebook Facebook Reddit

"Perfect" post-game/in-game team!?
Hi all!

I am looking for a nice team build for post-game/in-game use. This is NOT a competitive team, however I'd like to fully EV train each pokemon.

I would just like something that will sweep the E4 (I heard somewhere that Mega Kang can do this) as well as include pokemon that have all HMs.

I'm not sure if I want to have a separate breeding "team".

Let me know your thoughts!

PS: I know that I can use anything and face roll the game, but I find it fun to get decent pokemon in my post-game.
Not gonna lie. My fully trained Charizard X completely wipes E4 solo.
I personally just went about battling and didn't care about training my pokemon in my original play through nor did I EV train. I faced no problems what so ever and ended up winning with a very under leveled team.
(Jan 12, 2015, 10:48 AM)Hero Wrote: Not gonna lie. My fully trained Charizard X completely wipes E4 solo.

Can you provide your EV spread and moves?
252 Attack, 252 Speed, 4 HP, Adamant/Jolly Nature @ charizardite

Move spread:

EQ
Dragon Claw
Dragon Dance
Flame Blitz/Flame Charge (Just to avoid recoil damage)

I usually set up 1 or 2 Dragon Dances at the start of the fights and proceed to OHKO using either D-claw or Eq on the first E4 member.
Repeat the Process for the second leader.
Then use D-Dance and any physical fire attack on the 3rd leader.
Use D-claw on the 4th leader.

Use everything you have left on Steven.
(Jan 12, 2015, 10:48 AM)IceyGamer Wrote: I personally just went about battling and didn't care about training my pokemon in my original play through nor did I EV train. I faced no problems what so ever and ended up winning with a very under leveled team.

Same man, I don't find it fun if I plan my team before post game, takes then fun away, hell, I had a level 45 lioone with me when I stormed the E4
My kang did the same thing. It's 252 atk 252 spe 4 hp adamant nature with sucker punch fake out power up punch and return. The only thing is you cannot mega on the 2nd E4 trainer since all of her pokemon are ghost types so make sure your non mega kang has scrappy. Also when you go through the E4 a 2nd time, each member has more pokemon and are higher leveled, and the ice trainer also has a frostlass so either don't mega till that is dead or use sucker punch if you think it will attack.
(Jan 12, 2015, 11:41 AM)Ozzy Wrote:
(Jan 12, 2015, 10:48 AM)IceyGamer Wrote: I personally just went about battling and didn't care about training my pokemon in my original play through nor did I EV train. I faced no problems what so ever and ended up winning with a very under leveled team.

Same man, I don't find it fun if I plan my team before post game, takes then fun away, hell, I had a level 45 lioone with me when I stormed the E4

A LOT of people do this, but I always found it fun to have a great post-game team. I am weird with this kind of stuff! This is how I have my fun.
(Jan 12, 2015, 11:45 AM)Vexian Wrote: My kang did the same thing. It's 252 atk 252 spe 4 hp adamant nature with sucker punch fake out power up punch and return. The only thing is you cannot mega on the 2nd E4 trainer since all of her pokemon are ghost types so make sure your non mega kang has scrappy. Also when you go through the E4 a 2nd time, each member has more pokemon and are higher leveled, and the ice trainer also has a frostlass so either don't mega till that is dead or use sucker punch if you think it will attack.

Awesome! Thank you. I had no idea the battles differ in the post-game. Thanks for the tip Smile
I like sharpedo in oras because its faster when you surf on it and also has the option of a mega for battles
#TeamForum