Share:    Facebook Facebook Reddit

Pokegen and its effects?
Before i start i just want to add that i have no intention of using pokegen or any other program like it.

Hey all i came a little late to the oras hype and having just beat the main story for omega ruby and eager to get started on breeding/iv training some pokemon for battle i started hearing something about pokegen, ive searched and read alot of threads about this and what it is/does but it only created more questions for me lol. Being someone that loves the trading aspect of pokemon, has this ruined it? from what ive read you can modify game files to create perfect iv's, move sets and even shiny s but can you do that for x/y and oras pokemon or is it only earlier gens that it works for, for example could someone use pokegen on a aegislash which is only current gen?

Is there much of a point in me even trying to breed/train perfect iv pokemon to trade for other pokemon or have i completely got this all wrong and there is infact still a decent community for breeding and trading competitive pokemon? :D

Sorry if i sounded dumb in any of that or got alot of it wrong, please feel free to correct me! I havent played since the first few months of x/y so am trying to get back into it now.

EDIT: I forgot to ask about if you can actualy use the cheated/modded pokemon in competative? i was abit confused about that.
Pokegen and earlier version's such as the actionreplay (dont know if they're the same company) have been around for a while. Nintendo doesnt like genned pokemon but as long as they dont have anything illegal you shouldnt have a problem, so people gen pokemon for competitve, all it comes down to is "Do you want to gen pokemon" and "Do you have time to breed pokemon", for alot of people they just dont have the time to breed 6iv so they decide to gen pokemon, for me personally i like breeding pokemon so thats what i do be having a genned 6iv ditto doesnt make me perfect. There still are breeders such as myself and there still is a point to breeding and training it just comes down to your situation and what you decide Smile
~Visit PokemonForever's Twitter Page~
Ha! You've underestimated my stupidity.
~Virtual Polygon Duck of Team Forum~
i for sure wont be genning, but do you know if there is still a decent trading community?
(May 25, 2015, 02:28 PM)Noctis Wrote: i for sure wont be genning, but do you know if there is still a decent trading community?

i mean there are many people here and also many reddits for trading but the thing about it, its almost near impossible to insure the pokemon traded to you was made in game and not a genning device
~Visit PokemonForever's Twitter Page~
Ha! You've underestimated my stupidity.
~Virtual Polygon Duck of Team Forum~
Well trading is still a big thing in pokemon, but not as before like a pokemons rarity. a pokegen can create a pokemon (which are legal), iv's,ev's, egg move's, abilities, etc. A power saver can only edit certain aspects of a pokemon like ev's , iv', nature and other similar things. though they cant change moves and other ways like a gener could do. As a power saver i trade battle ready clones with pokemon with egg moves and hidden abilities regularly. So i would not say that trading is dead but it has change and some people will have to adapt to the new way of things. but there are still people who still breed to this date and there's nothing wrong with that, its just there are many people that just don't have the time to breed the "perfect" pokemon in there busy lives.
A legend fallen from grace.
Like Anime said, you can't really tell if a traded Pokemon is legit, so if you want to be sure it's not genned you'd have to breed yourself. I personally do both, sometimes if I have some spare time I'll breed while listening to music or something, but if I want to quickly make a team that's when I'll use powersaves, especially when it comes to legendaries because I don't want to sit there soft resetting. If I participated in official tournaments it'd be different, but as for playing casually it makes life easier
i have no issue with that at all as long as there are enough people trading to make it worth the x amount of hours put into making perfect iv pokemon for people :P im just abit worried that next to everyones perfect iv shiny pokemon, my non shiny 5/6iv pokemon wont get so much as a glance and id end up not been/being?(never known the difference between them haha) able trade them for anything
trading was extremely active during X and Y because everyone wanted to get pokemon with the blue pentagon. now that its been out for a while the trading scene has decreased but is not nonexistent
#TeamForum

Yeah im doing some searching now and there are a few posts now and then where people are trading reg 5/6iv pokemon or pokemon with certain abilities. I guess it isnt as bad as i first thought, i was just shocked by what was happening because i hadnt heard anything about all this when i was playing x/y lol. I thought it had ruined the thing i enjoy most about pokemon, breeding pokemon to trade for others :D
Thanks for clearing some thing out for me, i appreciate it! Smile