Share:    Facebook Facebook Reddit

Pokemon Fanmade Games / ROM Hacks
Video 
Can't get enough fill of the main Pokemon games? Same Pokemon, different adventures, all in the Pokemon universe.

Disclaimer: The legal area of emulators is very gray, so I will ask you guys to please not post any direct links to hacks or any emulation sites.

What's a Pokemon ROM hack?
Pokemon ROM hacks are games that use the base files of the GBA or DS Pokemon main games and are modified to have anything from different Pokemon encounters, different trainer rosters, increased difficulty, customized towns, and more. The most common base games you will need are usually the 3rd gen games emulators: Pokemon Emerald, Pokemon FireRed, or Pokemon LeafGreen. It's also handy to have Pokemon Platinum as well!

Examples: Pokemon AshGray, Pokemon LiquidCrystal, Pokemon BlazeBlack/VoltWhite, Pokemon Snakewood.

What's a Pokemon fanmade game?
Pokemon fanmade games (fangames) are games made from scratch or in RPGMXP. You don't need an emulator to launch these kind of games, they're just like any other downloadable game / application.

Examples: Pokemon Zeta/Omicron, Pokemon Fusions Generations, Pokemon Melanite, Pokemon Raptor EX

What are your favorite Pokemon ROM hacks and Pokemon fangames? Feel free to discuss any ROM hacks or fangames, whether they be complete, alpha, beta, or even have their own fakemon.
[align=center]Started by apeing gates, touching Triforces, and blaming Levi

Now I'm here with a fancy sword, smiling at all the burrito chokes, the blue shells, and the shiny catches.

#JustinSucks
if youre looking for emu's and roms, just google pokemon roms. theres a site that pops up as the first result that i use for all my rom stuff, and i recommend it.
Ninetales iz rly cewl kthnxbye
So far I've played Pokemon LiquidCrystal, Pokemon Snakewood, Pokemon Light Platinum, Pokemon BlazeBlack, Pokemon BlazeBlack 2, and Pokemon RubyDestiny.

If you guys want an upgrade in difficulty for the Gen 5 games, I definitely say pick up the BlazeBlack or VoltWhite games. I honestly prefer BB/VW over their actual counterparts. LightPlatinum and LiquidCrystal were also very good games for their time, but I haven't played them in over 2 years and I know they've been updated.

In regards to Pokemon Fangames, I've played Pokemon Zeta, Pokemon Reborn, and Pokemon Fusion Generation. I wholeheartedly definitely recommend all three of those games. Zeta/Omicron is one of the best Pokemon fangames in existence currently, with features that would attract any Pokemon fan, including Shadow Pokemon, Mega Evolutions, Nuzlocke modes, becoming a gym leader, and much more.

Now I'm here with a fancy sword, smiling at all the burrito chokes, the blue shells, and the shiny catches.

#JustinSucks
(Oct 11, 2014, 08:09 PM)Skarric Wrote: So far I've played Pokemon LiquidCrystal, Pokemon Snakewood, Pokemon Light Platinum, Pokemon BlazeBlack, Pokemon BlazeBlack 2, and Pokemon RubyDestiny.

If you guys want an upgrade in difficulty for the Gen 5 games, I definitely say pick up the BlazeBlack or VoltWhite games. I honestly prefer BB/VW over their actual counterparts. LightPlatinum and LiquidCrystal were also very good games for their time, but I haven't played them in over 2 years and I know they've been updated.

In regards to Pokemon Fangames, I've played Pokemon Zeta, Pokemon Reborn, and Pokemon Fusion Generation. I wholeheartedly definitely recommend all three of those games. Zeta/Omicron is one of the best Pokemon fangames in existence currently, with features that would attract any Pokemon fan, including Shadow Pokemon, Mega Evolutions, Nuzlocke modes, becoming a gym leader, and much more.

isnt omicron still a WIP?
(Oct 11, 2014, 08:20 PM)MARSxVenom Wrote:
(Oct 11, 2014, 08:09 PM)Skarric Wrote: So far I've played Pokemon LiquidCrystal, Pokemon Snakewood, Pokemon Light Platinum, Pokemon BlazeBlack, Pokemon BlazeBlack 2, and Pokemon RubyDestiny.

Zeta/Omicron were officially done back ~5 months ago I believe. There's a patch to fix up any bugs but it's been considered finished for quite a while. Suze (the creator of Z/O) is currently working on a new Pokemon fangame called Pokemon Insurgence though!

#JustinSucks
(Oct 11, 2014, 08:22 PM)Skarric Wrote:

Zeta/Omicron were officially done back ~5 months ago I believe. There's a patch to fix up any bugs but it's been considered finished for quite a while. Suze (the creator of Z/O) is currently working on a new Pokemon fangame called Pokemon Insurgence though!

that must be what im thinking of. great creator though, implemented mega evo's in one of them didnt he? known and new ones if i remember right
(Oct 11, 2014, 08:23 PM)MARSxVenom Wrote:
(Oct 11, 2014, 08:22 PM)Skarric Wrote:

that must be what im thinking of. great creator though, implemented mega evo's in one of them didnt he? known and new ones if i remember right

Oh yeah. Not just the X/Y megas either, Suze has made custom mega evolutions with abilities too: http://pokemonzetaomicron.wikia.com/wiki...Evolutions

I don't believe he'll update Z/O with the OR/AS megas, but I definitely think he will include them in Pokemon Insurgence!

#JustinSucks
Favorite ROM Hack
For all you Touhou fans, play Touhoumon. It replaces all Pokemon with various forms of Touhou characters (while adding/changing moves and types) and it is equally weird, awesome, and adorable.
[Image: r7lohg.jpg]
The most confusing part is that there's SEVERAL version of Touhoumon all made by different people and on different game versions. The one I played the most is Merry's Version, but I assume they're all worth while. =P

Favorite Fan Game
SUPER POKEMON EEVEE EDITION.
You get a freakin' Eevee that can switch between evolutions at will. Enough said. Now, the part that some of you may love or hate is the fact that the battle system is completely different. It's sorta like the ATB system for the early Final Fantasy games.
[Image: 07yKwk5.png]
You can have multiple Pokemon out at once, tons of moves, and mana instead of PP. The story is really interesting too. If you want something Pokemon-themed but completely different for a change, I recommend trying it. It's free and a quick download, so why not?

Runner-up: Pokemon Zeta/Omicron like everyone else is going to mention, but it's really as good as others say. ;P
I'm the lead developer for the site! (Formerly My Cupcake Money)
[ My Stream | My Pokeradar Thing ]
Let me know if anything comes up~
And also, wasnt someone working on a Jflynn themed ROM hack?
(Oct 11, 2014, 08:26 PM)My Cupcake Money Wrote: Favorite ROM Hack
For all you Touhou fans, play Touhoumon. It replaces all Pokemon with various forms of Touhou characters (while adding/changing moves and types) and it is equally weird, awesome, and adorable.
[Image: r7lohg.jpg]
The most confusing part is that there's SEVERAL version of Touhoumon all made by different people and on different game versions. The one I played the most is Merry's Version, but I assume they're all worth while. =P

Favorite Fan Game
SUPER POKEMON EEVEE EDITION.
You get a freakin' Eevee that can switch between evolutions at will. Enough said. Now, the part that some of you may love or hate is the fact that the battle system is completely different. It's sorta like the ATB system for the early Final Fantasy games.
[Image: 07yKwk5.png]
You can have multiple Pokemon out at once, tons of moves, and mana instead of PP. The story is really interesting too. If you want something Pokemon-themed but completely different for a change, I recommend trying it. It's free and a quick download, so why not?

Runner-up: Pokemon Zeta/Omicron like everyone else is going to mention, but it's really as good as others say. ;P

POKEMON EEVEE EDITION. YES.
I loved that game, I think it was the first fangame I've ever played for Pokemon. I thought it was incredibly innovative in regards to being a Pokemon game. I remember playing the early beta after your first boss encounter with the antagonist but after that I stopped following it for some reason. I definitely want to pick it up.

Touhoumon also looks really interesting. I would like to pick that game up too in the future.

#JustinSucks