Share:    Facebook Facebook Reddit

Pokemon Help
I am not sure what thread to put this in so i just put it in general.

Could anyone do me a favor and explain the difference between attack/special attack and defense/special defense.?
Different attacking moves are categorised as either special or physical. Attack is the attacking power for physical moves, special attack is for special moves. Defence comes into play if you are hit by a physical attack, and special defence if you are hit by a special attack.
I'm Umbreon, the nocturnal member of #TeamForum
Those well-practiced in the art of deceit may find themselves welcome to join me on Town of Salem...
Apart from that, certain pokemon have better statistics when it comes to Special Attack/Defense or Attack/Defense. That is why you can hear of a Special Sweeper meaning that its Special Attack stats are pretty good compared to many other pokemons
Evyii the Dragonslayer of #TeamForum

I'm back! Mostly playing LoL nowadays though. What is life, but homework and sleep.

(Jan 20, 2015, 07:24 PM)UndyingUmbreon Wrote: Different attacking moves are categorised as either special or physical. Attack is the attacking power for physical moves, special attack is for special moves. Defence comes into play if you are hit by a physical attack, and special defence if you are hit by a special attack.

So is that like when you look at a pokemons moveset, the red and yellow emblem is a physical while the blue and white circle thing is special? Lol sorry it is kind of hard to describe them
Yeah, when you see the summary of a pokemon there is a set of six symbols symbolising those stats in this order, HP(Hit Points), Attack, Defense, Special Attack, Special Defense and Speed

I'm back! Mostly playing LoL nowadays though. What is life, but homework and sleep.

(Jan 20, 2015, 07:28 PM)Johnny Wrote:
(Jan 20, 2015, 07:24 PM)UndyingUmbreon Wrote: Different attacking moves are categorised as either special or physical. Attack is the attacking power for physical moves, special attack is for special moves. Defence comes into play if you are hit by a physical attack, and special defence if you are hit by a special attack.

So is that like when you look at a pokemons moveset, the red and yellow emblem is a physical while the blue and white circle thing is special? Lol sorry it is kind of hard to describe them

Yup, and there is also a third symbol that represents status moves, like growl or stun spore
I'm Umbreon, the nocturnal member of #TeamForum
Those well-practiced in the art of deceit may find themselves welcome to join me on Town of Salem...
Oh those, yeah got a bit confused Kappa