Share:    Facebook Facebook Reddit

Popular Pokemon Fan Games To Play
Hi everyone! So I wanted to make a different kind of post and leave some links to some popular fan made Pokemon games that are a lot of fun to play and can be used to pass the time until Sword and Shield are released. Or if you just want a different Pokemon experience you should check these out. I'm not going to go into too much detail on the games themselves, I will leave that up to you to decide if you want to give any of them a try.

Also note that these are all .exe games. That means they do not require an emulator to play them. These games can only be played on Windows or Mac.

Pokemon Solar Light & Lunar Dark
- Custom region
- 300+ Fakemon
- Custom Mega Evolutions
- Recently completed (January 2019)

Pokemon Insurgence
- Custom Region
- Darker Story option
- Built in optional challenges (ie: Nuzlocke mode, Randomizer, Egglocke, etc.)
- Alternate forms to Pokemon, giving them new types, abilities, movesets, etc.
- Real and Custom Mega Pokemon

Pokemon Reborn
- Custom Region
- Unique battle mechanics based around terrains
- Challenging game, known as a "Trial and error" type of experience
- 18 Badges

I did leave a couple good games out.

- Pokemon Uranium is a fun game to try, but it was taken down by Nintendo. The download can still be found online but I didn't want to highlight it for that reason.

- Pokemon Empyrean is also a good fan game to try out, but it isn't fully completed as of right now. It is roughly 90% done according to the website. You can google it and find the website if you want to give it a try, but it wasn't highlighted because it isn't complete.

If you have any other recommendations for me or anyone else of fan games to try out, feel free to leave them in the comments! Smile
I heard of a fangame called Pokemon Sage a while back. I don't know if something happed to it since I haven't seen anything about it in a while, but it was early in development when I found it (it was a couple years ago, I think) and really enjoyed the demo.

Edit: I found the wiki! It's still in development.
Uh, pokeMMO?
@Bucsfan818 uranium was a great game. Ogloza did a playthrough of it a while back that was hilarious! Also, can't forget pokemon prisim! That is a quality game!
Hi, Super Nintendo Chalmers!