Share:    Facebook Facebook Reddit

Prankster Umbreon gimmick team?
I'm bored, and when I'm bored I have bad ideas. So... how about a Prankster Umbreon? After a quick research, seems only Mega-Banette can skill Swap Prankster onto Umbreon.

But where do we go from there?

Umbreon @ Leftovers
Ability: Inner Focus
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 SpD
Sassy Nature
- Payback
- Moonlight
- Curse
- Taunt

Banette-Mega @ Banettite
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Atk / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Toxic
- Skill Swap
- Destiny Bond
- Knock Off

The Umbreon is pretty basic, IMO it doesn't need any work. As soon as it gets Prankster, it can set up faster, deny setup, and priority heal. And still hit last with Payback.

But the Banette... not so sure. Toxic 'cause Umbreon is gonna live longer and be the Taunter. Destiny Bond since the Banette is a sacrifical pawn anyway, knock off to get rid of leftovers on the opposing side.

And then there's the rest of the team. Thinking of Grunk Shot Greninja, some Aegislash set... suggestions? Maybe some way of inducing sunlight to boost Moonlight?
Yup, this team would get destroyed easily, especially by my own primary team. Gotta love Quick Guard Talonflame. And faster prankster users would also be a problem.

But yeah, this is meant to be a fun gimmicky team.

But I gave it some more thoughts... I discarded the Aegislash idea, and instead went for a Light Clay Klefki for the Reflect/Light Screen to further support Umbreon. Then a pretty standard VGC Talonflame, some sort of Greninja (can't decide on a set, Greninja is just too damn versitile!). A bulky Goodra for covereage.

Haven't settle on any EV's and natures yet. My normal approach is like Jeremy Clarkson driving a car when it comes to pokémon battles. and that won't work on a team like this!