Share:    Facebook Facebook Reddit

Primal-Groudon and Exeggutor VGC16?
Ok, so I was messing around on Showdown trying to brainstorm some team cores for VGC16, and I stumbled across Primal-Groudon + Chlorophyll Exeggutor. My mindset was that Exeggutor would get the speed boost from Desolate Land with Chlorophyll for extra priority on maybe light screening to cover for Groudon's measly special defense. He could even have Giga Drain to restore health when he needed it. Exeggutor would also have access to Skill Swap which he could use to renew Groudon's Desolate Land if a Kyogre or other weather mon switched in. I'd probably make Groudon with a standard setup like Precipice Blades, Rock Slide, Lava Plume and Protect. Not sure though. Anyways, advice for what to do to improve this would be greatly appreciated.

[DISCLAIMER: I'm pretty new to the Pokémon scene and I don't know too much about it. I might sound like a noob sometimes. Just warning you.]
That sounds interesting. Light Screen might even be able to help P Groudon survive Golduck's Scald. Just keep in mind that Exeggutor's base speed is only 55, which reaches a stat of 234 (with a positive speed and under sun). So you must be wary of what you do not outspeed. I saw another Chlorophyll Pokemon that caught my attention mentioned in the VGC chatroom on Pokemon Showdown. Lilligant. It has a base speed of 90, which reaches 312 (positive speed, under sun). That is insanely fast. Plus, it has access to After You. That move makes the Pokemon you use it on move right after the user. P Groudon + Lilligant, Lilli goes for After You on P don. P don goes for Precipice Blades or Eruption the next turn > : D It never hurts to consider all of your options. I say go for it with Chlorophyll Exeggutor! :D
This actually sounds very interesting, I've also been fooling around trying to find counters to OP pokes like P Groudon and Power Gem Xerneas, I did not think of a skill swap set up though that's a awesome sounding strategy and may be something I need to consider, I've been using my Mega Rayquaza to counter the Primals and it works pretty good, but if a skill swap comes into play that could be a problem.

Thanks for sharing.
That sounds interesting, but like they said, there are better options. As far as Chlorophyll is concerned, you have Venusaur, Lilligant, and my favorite, Sawsbuck.

You could also go with Harvest, which Exeggutor gets. It makes it so that the Pokemon has a 50% chance of getting another berry if it used the one it was holding. This is increased to 100% in the sun. This is clearly best run on a bulky set. Personally I would run Trevenant with this, as he gets some good annoyance moves, and has some great bulk.
RIP Miranda Cosgrove 1975-2017