Share:    Facebook Facebook Reddit

[RATE MY TEAM] AV Incineroar
Next in the Pokedex we have Incineroar, the second starter, the fire starter, the Houndoom clone, except it's not. Incineroar is more bulky and focuses more on physical attacking than special. This is obvious due to its base 115 attack stat and access to Flare Blitz, the strongest physical fire move, as well as Darkest Lariat, the strongest Dark type move which is also Incineroar's signature move (and no, Knock Off doesn't count because the opponent has to be holding an item for it to do 97 damage).

Making a team around Incineroar proved to be even more challenging than Decidueye. I went through several scrap teams and with the trial and error process I've made the team complete. Pokemon tested were
  • Dhelmise
  • Gastrodon
  • Stoutland
  • Gigalith
  • Lilligant

This team went from starting out as a basic Sticky Web team to Sand team to what we have now, a balanced team

Team Building Process

[Image: incineroar.png]
[Image: alakazam-mega.png]

Firstly, I decided that I wanted to run Mega Alakazam alongside Incineroar due to how they make a good offensive duo. Incineroar possesses the Dark/Fire typing which means that it takes Dark and Ghost moves easily and takes hits from Bug attacks neutrally while in reverse, Alakazam, though not being able to protect Incineroar from Fighting types as well as Water, Ground and Rock, can do significant damage to these typings if prior damage is dealt. Incineroar also takes on the Steel, Ghost, Psychic and specially defensive walls which Alakazam can't be effective against. This core still struggles with Mandibuzz though

[Image: skarmory.png]

I needed a form of hazard support and out of all the setters, Skarmory synergized with what I have the best. Its typing and defenses allow it to take a mirand of special attacks that aren't fire or electric and its immunity to Ground is good for Incineroar

[Image: kommoo.png]
[Image: tapufini.png]

Now there are a couple things I wanted to achieve here. Firstly, I needed a defogger as well as a fast attacker. Secondly I want to make a Dragon/Steel/Fairy core to synergize with Skarmory and give the team a more connected feel. Lastly, I needed a Pokemon to create a Dark/Psychic/Fighting offensive core as well. These two pokemon, Kommo-o and Tapu Fini, fit all those roles perfectly

[Image: roserade-f.png]

To finish the team, I pretty much make a Fire/Water/Grass core with Tapu Fini, Incineroar and Roserade. Roserade fit the team due to its ability in Technician which allows it to do significant damage to Celesteela with Hidden Power Fire as well as absorb Leech Seed from it. Not to mention Roserade has access to spikes which allows me to hazard stack if necessary though it isn't preferred in most situations due to Defog cancelling it out and making me waste my turns

THE TEAM

Importable:

Incineroar @ Assault Vest
Ability: Blaze
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Lonely Nature
- Darkest Lariat
- Flare Blitz
- Earthquake
- Leech Life

Alakazam @ Alakazite
Ability: Magic Guard
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Psyshock
- Shadow Ball
- Focus Blast
- Calm Mind

Skarmory @ Leftovers
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Brave Bird
- Stealth Rock
- Roost
- Whirlwind

Kommo-o @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Bulletproof
Timid Nature
- Clanging Scales
- Focus Blast
- Flamethrower
- Flash Cannon

Tapu Fini @ Leftovers
Ability: Misty Surge
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpD
Bold Nature
- Moonblast
- Surf
- Defog
- Haze

Roserade @ Life Orb
Ability: Technician
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 30 SpA / 30 Spe
- Spikes
- Sludge Bomb
- Leaf Storm
- Hidden Power [Fire]

Incineroar is rocking the Assault Vest simply because it was the most effective set after testing it. Due to it's typing, it switches into special attacks easily and can retaliate against most foes with Darkest Lariat and Flare Blitz. These two moves were chosen because they are Incineroar's strongest STAB options. Earthquake is to hit everything that resists the dual STAB combination and to also hit Tentacruel, Toxapex and Salazzle a bit harder. For my last move I currently have Leech Life but I'm planning to change it to something else. Not sure what yet because Incineroar is very limited in extending its coverage

Mega-Alakazam is running Psyshock simply put "I had an encounter with a Blissey and because of it have become paranoid". Before I had Psychic but I learned from my mistakes very promptly. Shadow Ball and Focus Blast achieves maximum type coverage and Calm Mind is to boost Alakazam's special attack and defense a bit more to net KOs easier

Skarmory is running a basic SpDef set with Rocks, Brave Bird (best STAB), Roost (longevity) and Whirlwind (phazing). SpDef over physical defense mainly because Skarmory doesn't really need to check any physical attackers in this metagame in contrast to the amount of special ones present

Kommo-o's set achieves maximum coverage possible and choice scarf is chosen to make it more of a late game cleaner as well as to outspeed Pheromosa and OHKO it with Flamethrower

I explained Tapu Fini's set already in the teambuilder as well as Roserade's

Once again, thank you so much for reading this to the end and don't be afraid to drop a comment below Smile
@Marcusube I might do a full rate later, but this team looks pretty solid overall. May I ask why Lonely nature on Incineroar though? All of its moves are physical.
@"Elly" Oh yeah thanks for bringing that up. So initially I had Overheat instead of Leech Life to help with the matchups against Aegislash, however, that was back when I was running a Choice Band set. I'll make the edits
Np :]