Share:    Facebook Facebook Reddit

[RATE MY TEAM] Are these two pokemon a good base for a smogon OU team?
@Marcusube and @Elly You guys have made some very valid points, so i was thinking to add a third pokemon : Eelektross

Since my absol and tangrowth have very low sp. def i thought of adding eelektross because he has no weaknesses and a decent sp. def of 80 and if you put an assault vest on it it gets 120 base sp. def it also has good coverage moves to cover absol and tangrowth like : fire punch. So this was the set i thought off.

Eelektross @ Assault Vest
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Spe
Quiet Nature
- U turn
- Fire punch
- Thunder punch
- Knock off

yes i know this is a physical set i don't know if i'll choose it above the special set what should i do ?
Now, Eelektross isn't a good third member for this core. The only advantage I see it bringing to your team is the fact that it gets a very slow Volt Switch/U-turn which allows you to bring in Absol safer and Mega Evolve. However, your team is still going to get smash by special attackers, fast sweepers and wallbreakers. Eelektross has no form of recovery (and please do not run out and put Giga Drain/Drain Punch on Eelektross because those aren't reliable forms of recovery for it in OU) so it is easy to wear down, not to mention it doesn't really have that good of a damage output to hit the majority of the tier plus Kyurem-B and Excadrill are both very common and have Mold Breaker and Teravolt alongside Ground coverage so that Ground immunity won't really matter as much
(Nov 16, 2016, 05:05 AM)Marcusube Wrote: Now, Eelektross isn't a good third member for this core. The only advantage I see it bringing to your team is the fact that it gets a very slow Volt Switch/U-turn which allows you to bring in Absol safer and Mega Evolve. However, your team is still going to get smash by special attackers, fast sweepers and wallbreakers. Eelektross has no form of recovery (and please do not run out and put Giga Drain/Drain Punch on Eelektross because those aren't reliable forms of recovery for it in OU) so it is easy to wear down, not to mention it doesn't really have that good of a damage output to hit the majority of the tier plus Kyurem-B and Excadrill are both very common and have Mold Breaker and Teravolt alongside Ground coverage so that Ground immunity won't really matter as much

^ what he said