Share:    Facebook Facebook Reddit

[RATE MY TEAM] BATTLE SPOT SPECIAL (SEASON 2)
Hello! This is the second time that I am trying to create a team and this time I wanted to try the 
Primal-Groudon and I need all the criticisms and possible tips. Here we go Smile

Groudon @ Red Orb
Ability: Drought  
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Def / 252 SpD  
Careful Nature  
- Stealth Rock  
- Precipice Blades  
- Roar  
- Lava Plume

For me Groudon was one of the best, but the best pokemon in VGC 2016, this time I wanted to try a team with stealth rock and I ended up starting with him in front. I will try defensive. PRECIPICE BLADES is the best STAB move, 2HKOing Xerneas and Primal Kyogre and take great damage to other grounded pokemon as well. ROAR allows Primal Groudon to force switch Geomancy Xerneas, prevent boosting stats and help with Skarmory spikes to hurt the entire team. LAVA PLUME is the second STAB and with the sunlight, and the 30% burn rate can be hazardous to potential checks. Evs spread and Careful Nature are to try to be as resistant as possible and to withstand the Xerneas and Primal-Kyogre as well.

Skarmory @ Shed Shell  
Ability: Sturdy  
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD  
Impish Nature  
IVs: 0 SpA  
- Spikes  
- Whirlwind  
- Brave Bird  
- Roost

Before Skarmory, I had chosen Ferrothorn, but I needed a pokemon that was not ground and could put spikes and also have a healing move, and it could be covered by Groudon.
SPIKES is good for punishing switches, dealing increasing damage as more layers are set up. ROOST gives Skarmory good recovery and this is important for retaining longevity. 
BRAVE BIRLD prevents Skarmory from being stucked by Taunt and threatens Pokemon that it often switches in on, hitting Pokemon weak to Flying such as Pheromosa, Buzzwole, Mega Venusaur and other to neutral damage. ROOST is to surviving as long as possible. Shed Shell to run away it is trapped and Evs Spread and Impish Nature to best defensive against physical threads.

Salamence @ Salamencite  
Ability: Intimidate  
 EVs: 44 HP / 252 Atk / 212 Spe  
Adamant Nature  
IVs: 0 SpA  
- Dragon Dance  
- Double-Edge  
- Roost  
- Earthquake

I really love Garchomp, but this guy have Intimidate and immunity to Ground-type attacks, another cover to Groudon and a resistance to Fire-type attacks to cover Skarmory, and i need a strong pokemon to attack and this is was my choice. DRAGON DANCE increases Mega Salamence's Attack and Speed stats, enabling it to sweep effectively once its checks are weakened. DOUBLE-EDGE is the best STAB move for power, with chance of 2HKOing physically defensive Arceus and others Primal Groudon after Stealth Rock damage, and after a Dragon Dance it easily OHKOes Geomancy Xerneas and offensive Arceus formes. ROOST can be used to heal off Stealth Rock damage and Double-Edge recoil, helping Mega Salamence set up or sustain its sweep. EARTHQUAKE hits Rock- and Steel-types, easily OHKOing Magearna and offensive Solgaleo after a Dragon Dance, and take down Dialga and Tyranitar. 44Evs Hp to surive against Life Orb Ho-oh and 212Evs to outspeed threaths like Lunana, Rayquaza and Yveltal.

Heatran @ Firium Z  
Ability: Flash Fire  
 EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpD / 252 Spe  
Timid Nature  
IVs: 0 Atk  
- Taunt  
- Toxic  
- Magma Storm  
- Earth Power

Heatran have excellent defensive stats, making it resistant to lots of attacking combinations as well as immune to poison and burn and I need a cover against Fairy and Ice for Salamence and Skarmory. TAUNT prevents foes from setting up entry hazards, Trick Room user and using recovery moves. TOXIC is a catch-all move against bulky mons, especially Water- and Dragon-types as well as specially defensive threats such as Chansey, Celesteela, Clefable, Blissey, etc. MAGMA STORM is good to trapping mons and allowing Heatran to switch free without double switching. EARTH POWER is for coverage thins like Toxapex, Tyranitar and Heatran. Maximum HP for good resistance and maximum Speed enables it to pose an offensive threat to slower foes. Firium Z can convert Magma Storm into Inferno Overdrive or be used with Sunny Day to boost Speed by one stage.

Tapu Fini @ Waterium Z
Ability: Misty Surge
EVs: 244 HP / 252 SpA / 12 Spe
Modest Nature
- Nature's Madness
- Hydro Pump
- Moonblast
- Calm Mind/Defog

I need a Fairy pokemon in this team to cover dragon, fighting weakness, and resist water moves, and can hit hard fire types too, so I choose Fini. NATURE'S MADNESS can weak defensive Pokemon easily, such as Porygon2, Celesteela, Cresselia, the first two with very present in all 2017 formats. Z-HYDRO PUMP notably OHKOs Tapu Koko and make a great damage. MOONBLAST is the best STAB against Dragons. CALM MIND for maximize damage by Hydro Pump and Moonblast, the first one can kill Cresselia as well, but i need to think 'cause i need a Defoger too, but stealth rock and other hazards isn't very common in this format. 12 Speed EV spread ensures Tapu Fini outspeeds Jolly Alolan Marowak when giving it maximum bulk.

Rotom-Wash @ Leftovers  
Ability: Levitate  
Level: 50  
EVs: 248 HP / 240 Def / 20 SpD  
Bold Nature  
- Volt Switch  
- Hydro Pump  
- Will-O-Wisp  
- Pain Split

To the final slot I choose this one because of Levitate and resist fire, water and ice. Can cover my whole team. VOLT SWITCH allows Rotom-W to pivot out of incoming threats while also serving as a useful Electric-type STAB move that targets Flying-types and Water-types. HYDRO PUMP is a powerful STAB move. Will-O-Wisp threatens physical attackers that haven't Guts ability and is very useful to burn my favourites dragon Garchomp and Salamence and other Fire types. PAIN SPLIT pair with Leftovers are the only way to recover to survive as much as possible, and can be good against bulky pokemons.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I really would like to perfect this team but for this I will need all the help. I have very little experience in building teams and I would like to learn a lot, since I am a Noob hehe:D All opinions, criticisms and changes to make are very welcome :D Thanks everybody and enjoy it Smile