Share:    Facebook Facebook Reddit

[RATE MY TEAM] Battle Tree / Casual Competitive Playing
Hello! I have been working on a team for the past few weeks (2 to be exact) to get into competitive. I play in Battle Tree singles and I play on Battle Spot singles 3v3. I have had some luck with this team but I am unsure where I need to do next. 
First up, everyones favorite blue sleeping monster, Snorlax!

Snormax (Snorlax) (M) @ Leftovers  
Ability: Thick Fat   
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Def  
Adamant Nature    
- Body Slam  
- Curse  
- Rest  
- Sleep Talk

What I was going for with this set is snorlax's great bulk and defenses, along with his attack. Body Slam is STAB and it is a very good move (IMO) to run on snorlax because of the evs, ivs, and nature, along with stab. Curse is up next to boost Def and Atk but lowering Speed. This isnt a big drop, but a +1 Snorlax can do very well when it has the next move, which is rest. Rest allows snorlax to regain his health, get rid of toxic potentially for 2 turns, and to go to sleep. Because of rest, I felt this move was crucial for me to not get walled when snorlax was asleep, so I chose Sleep Talk. Most of the time in testing I get Body Slam or Curse, both really great when sleeping. This set is terrible against ghosts as I can get walled by alolan-marowaks every day.
Thick fat halves damage of fire and ice, making it a better ability than Immunity, because we have rest on this set. Leftovers = OP

Speaking of Alolan Forms, here is my next pokemon. The majestic white fox, Ninetales

Snowmax (Ninetales-Alola) (F) @ Light Clay  
Ability: Snow Warning   
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe  
Timid Nature   
- Blizzard  
- Ice Beam  
- Moonblast  
- Aurora Veil

Ninetales. One of my favorite pokemon. First off, we have evs in SpA and Spe. This is almost like the Ice/Fairy alakazam with decent defences all around, and better moves. Snow warning is just better than snow cloak as 90% of the time snow clock doesnt even have a hail storm. (Thanks, Gamefreak) Timid is so it can outspeed even the fastest pokemon. Pyukumuku, Snorlax, and Torkoal. Just kidding, It can actually outspeed Tapu Koko and the other tapu's. Onto the moves. Blizzard is an excellent ice type move for those OHKO's and with that insane Sp. Atk we have built up it just gets stronger. Ice Beam is for when you just need some accuracy. Moonblast. Well, do I need reasoning for this? It is the best attacking fairy type move. The only downside is that it is an egg move. But who cares! Its awesome! Aurora Veil is here to take advantage of the hail storm. This is the part I am unsure about. I feel like I have built a Doubles Ninetales and not a singles one. I dont want to recreate my whole pokemon, but is there a move that could be better than aurora veil for singles? Light clay is to boost Aurora Veil but I could use a Fairium Z or a Icium Z 

The next pokemon is my favorite new, non alolan form pokemon. Mimikyu.

Ghostmax (Mimikyu) (M) @ Ghostium Z  
Ability: Disguise  
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe  
Jolly Nature  
- Play Rough  
- Shadow Claw  
- Shadow Sneak  
- Swords Dance

First up: The EV's. I chose these because I think that mimikyu can do really well in outspeeding major threats, such as the Tapu's and other mimikyu and ninetales (if not invested). Jolly only helps this out as it boosts its speed. Atk is just taking advantage of its already super high attack stat and its moves. For its Item, I chose the Ghostium Z because if mimikyu is at low health, it can go out with a Bang. Never Ending Nightmare with his stats can just destroy any non-normal or dark type pokemon. I am open to change on this item. The first move is Play Rough, because it is the best fairy move mimikyu gets. Shadow claw is a very good physical ghost move. Shadow sneak for priority, and Swords Dance for setting up.a

The next mon is a tankiest water pokemon ever, Toxapex

Venomax (Toxapex) (M) @ Black Sludge  
Ability: Merciless   
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 SpD  
Adamant Nature   
- Recover  
- Toxic  
- Haze  
- Liquidation

To be honest, this set is something I created in showdown and I have no Idea if I should even consider keeping it. This pokemon has so many options and I dont know what I want to do with it. I want a stalling set and that is all I know about what want. I am open to any stalling set for this pokemon.
Anyways, why I chose this. Evs are good to support liquidation, a decent water type move. I chose that instead of scald because I thought that toxapex could do some serious damage if built. Scald was nerfed with the burn, so I had to pass. Recover is OP on a bulky pokemon. Haze is to prevent people setting up. And Toxic is to stall out those pokemon. Merciless was to increase the Liquidation damage so Eh, I dunno.

Everyones favorite human made pokemon that isn't MewTwo, Porygon

Baymax (Porygon2) @ Choice Specs  
Ability: Download    
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe  
Modest Nature   
- Shadow Ball  
- Thunderbolt  
- Ice Beam  
- Recover

Porygon2 Is one of thosepokemon I never got to use before and i got so excited when I found out that it was actually good from competitive standpoint. So i immediatly started work on it. In showdown, I ran Download to usually boost Sp. Atk. It is Choice Specs so it does extra damage but I might want to run life orb on this thing instead. Another thing I am debating is Eviolite to take some damage with Recover. Modest is because its Sp. Atk on this set is amazingly high. Now, to take advantage of that Sp. Atlk. For the first move, I chose shadow ball to deal with some ghost types effectively. Thunderbolt to deal with other toxapex or celesteela. Ice beam becuase it can deal with ground types. And also Recover so it can regain a bit of health.

And last but not least, the Water/Dra- er, the Water/Flying type, Gyarados

Rivermax (Gyarados-Mega) (M) @ Gyaradosite  
Ability: Mold Breaker  
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe  
Adamant Nature  
- Earthquake  
- Thunder Fang  
- Dragon Dance  
- Waterfall

I started off running Mystic Water gyarados until I got my mega stone for Gyarados, and i switched it up. I decided to boost it in Atk and Speed so it could get out a lot of damage. I gave it adamant so that it could give some hits with its physical attacking. This is not an OU set as Thunder Fang is banned, but my regular set is Crunch so I can deal with some ghost and psychic types. Thunder Fang is just good because I can deal with some other flying/water types if P2 does go down. First move: Earthquake. No explanation needed here. Arguably the most powerful ground type move. Moving on. Dragon Dance. Raises attack and speed on an already hard hitting and speedy pokemon. Get 2 of these up and prepare to sweep the enemy. Waterfall to take advantage of the ground and rock types that destroy my team.

I hope that this was clarifying enough because I am just stuck on where I can impove my team so I can have more fun and have a little bit easier of a time getting into VGC. Again, I play in 3v3 Battle Spot in sun and moon. Thanks for reading all the way through and thanks in advance for any critism you have about my team.