Share:    Facebook Facebook Reddit

[RATE MY TEAM] Noob Stompin! (Pokeventurer's CHALK) Attempt at VGC16 Team
So guys so soon, and i am back with another RMT post (highly unlikely to happen in the first few days of the ladder shift) so i wanted to twist around on CHALK (i regret using it) cuz you'll get all the hate i guess. so this team is the weirdest chalk you ever saw. it does get some nice combinations and pokemon's synergy and stuff and such. overall is a fun team. Now i am not throwing on-paper ideas at you i did practiced a version of this team (excluding sheer force lando, seismic toss kang :P *scurry*, eruptran) and then changed the team to this and right now i do love this! The reason is that there wasn't a tier for the 2016 format on Showdown yet, so let this be it!
P.S: sorry now there is a format with rating reset and i will include some battle vids here, don't mind low ladder thoughts :P and the team is practiced with thought.

Notice:
Plz don't take the title seriously it is meant to be a joke, actually i hate this term used for beginners or the one's who don't know much about competitive play though. it is used here to imitate those jerks who use such terms *associating it with the usage of CHALK* as a n00b stomper :P. I'll keep editing the post for updates and stuff Wink

The Team:

[Image: kangaskhan-mega.gif]
Kangaskhan-Mega @ Kangaskhanite  
Ability: Parental Bond  
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe  
Jolly Nature  
- Drain Punch  
- Seismic Toss  
- Fake Out  
- Double-Edge

Kangaskhan is our 'K' of the CHALK core and well, something i kept. Drain punch is something i have used on a past kang team and also kept the same for this one. it get's back the so-so bulky kang's health back and also to get constant damage other than the Low kick that varies greatly. seismic toss *thanks to Kev for passing over this wicked idea to me* is quite an effective way to use mega kangaskhan against ghost types especially things like rotom-h/w and sableye that can easily burn it and have reflectively low HP stats even after being invested 252 in it. Double edge is more power and synergizes well with drain punch that my m-kang carries. I choose 252/252/4 kang as i never felt the need to invest into a more bulky kang. however since this team does carry TR as the main form of speed control, i may consider this to be ran as a slightly bulkier spread, with least speed control. it does fine for now.
P.S i am heartbroken right now,cuz seismic toss doesn't hit's ghosts apparently Sad

[Image: blastoise-mega.gif]
Blastoise @ Blastoisinite  
Ability: Torrent  
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpA / 4 SpD  
Quiet Nature  
IVs: 0 Spe  
- Fake Out  
- Ice Beam  
- Water Spout  
- Protect

Next up on the team is a pokemon i choose/replaced the 2nd last on the team. Blastoise was something i wanted to use and my idea was to use it as a follow me support but i will explain how that ideology changed as the team developed. Blastoise is y trick room mega thought i brought it to many matches while evolving mega kang for it to provide fake out support and offense with ice beam against the ever growing popularity of dragons in the format and also do some work inside trick room with helping hand and heal pulses and firing off water spouts. One of my main lead combinations would have to be blastoise + Gothitelle go with fake out turn one and then go for either heal pulse into blastoise or helping hand and OHKO'ing everything on the field with full power water spouts. it is a lead combination i thought off in the mid-2014 season *actually it's that old :P* but never got to use it inside a team and now with this chalk team looked like it and pays off.

[Image: gothitelle.gif]
Gothitelle @ Mental Herb  
Ability: Shadow Tag  
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD  
Sassy Nature  
- Trick Room  
- Psychic  
- Helping Hand  
- Heal Pulse

3rd member of this team is really important to be discussed to it's fullest to be understood completely. Gothitelle always had some potential while it was hidden in the shadows. I replaced this mon for cresselia for two reasons, one being that it was comfortably slower.faster than things like heatran and blastoise on my team and the second one was that it can use heal pulse to make blastoise and heatran meet their purpose and not make em go as a waste. Shadow tag keeps things locked up for good reason and was a better ability than levitate for sure, as where heatran's 4x ground weakness goes it can be covered by the weird geni duo on my team. Trick room is use here as more than a theme for this team, probably as a form of speed control to make kangaskhan (yes even 252 jolly kang) outspeed things like terrakion and salamence under conditions and reverse rain tactics. It's hard to master but suites this team perfectly. psyshock is for the lack of physical attackers on the eam and also to counter AV conk, the EV'ing makes it survive max sp.atk specs hydreigon's dark pulse. So this was gothitelle.

[Image: heatran.gif]
Heatran @ Shuca Berry  
Ability: Flash Fire  
EVs: 220 HP / 20 Def / 252 SpA / 16 SpD  
Quiet Nature  
- Eruption  
- Heat Wave  
- Protect  
- Flash Cannon

Up next is the next pokemon i'd love to use in the TR. originally this was supposed t be a faster heatran with no eruption but as soon as i wanted to try out eruption i learned i was forced to go quiet nature as this one was an event exclusive thingie, so went with it, it was the best set i could've tried out and worked really well, landorus takes care of mirror matches and i do have shuca berry on it to counter possible e-powers and EQ's for once. Flash cannon is here to positively 2HKO any faries i.e. sylveon and gardevoir. Heatran for spread damage thought i wanna kinda change it for Flamethrower to avoid aegislash's wide guard. Heatran's working tactic is the same as blastoise if i choose to lead gothitelle and heatran and then respectively OHKO everything.

[Image: landorus.gif]
Landorus @ Assault Vest  
Ability: Sheer Force  
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 140 SpA / 4 SpD / 108 Spe  
Modest Nature  
- Earth Power  
- Hidden Power [Ice]  
- Rock Slide
- Sludge Bomb

The last two pokemons were supposed to be a joke at first but did turned out quite well with the overall team later on. this was my first twist on this team inspired from World Champion Shoma's team to use landorus-i instead of lando-t which seemed like a big joke however worked well. this landorus was extremely frail to every ice attack or every attack, said in common and went down to it, then i did decided to give it the assault vest and hand over the sheer force ability to balance out everything nicely, which again worked out really well. with assault vest and such investment it can survive HP ice's and ice beams while still OHKO'ing bulky heatran and getting off good damage (sludge bomb 2hko'es azumarill) it also outspeeds jolly brelooms, rock slide gets the sheer force boost in absense of orb and positive nature and does good damage to charizards and talonflames that meet me.

[Image: thundurus-therian.gif]
Thundurus-Therian @ Life orb
Ability: Volt Absorb  
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe  
Timid Nature  
- Thunderbolt  
- Protect
- Focus Blast  
- Hidden Power [Ice]

Last up on this team would be the good old often used ghost/monster/geni-ish pokemon that is ultra frail. i use this as a secondary option for geni-offense on the team. thundurus backs up the blastoise's amazing weakness of electric types and fear of em, i choose again the weird item which is focus sash because again this mon wasn't taking anything. focus sash really backs it up in alot of situations while it does damage. timid nature is here for it to outspeed max speed base 100\s does anything else needs o be explained? n protect becasue i felt all four of the moves are important, i may replace focus blast with protect on suggestions.

No battle vids :P sry the ladder is filled with terrible mono type teams and people keep forfeiting so i don't wanna catch any negative comments if the vid's aren't good. so not any for now....

Conclusion:
Em..... so now what? rate... i guess this was all i had to say about my team hope you enjoyed going through the text and have some suggestions for the team, so please.
Well, I want to battle it, of course. I will be on later today. I would recommend using Life Orb on your Thundurus-Therian, because his damage goes from powerful, to nuclear. I understand where you are coming from when you gave Thundurus Discharge, but I would replace it with Protect. The only Pokemon you can safely uses it is with Landorus, and that might not be all that often. Also, it won't be doing tons of damage. I've done many calcs, and it will OHKO a Talonflame, and not much else. You put Stone Edge on Landorus, even though I know it is supposed to be Rock Slide. Heatran actually looks pretty good. I would in fact replace Heat Wave with Flamethrower. It could come in so much handy. Gothitelle looks good too. I don't need to say anything about it. Blastoise looks good as well. Kangaskhan, well, I would replace him. I can't tell what he needs to be replaced by yet, but I feel like he should be replaced.
try mixing your thundrus' evs cuz people can always find a way to kill you in pokemon.if your thndrus gets encored or something then you're definetely screwed because thundrus may be fast,he got speed i tell you but seriously someones gonna have defense and as they say defense is the best offense