Share:    Facebook Facebook Reddit

[RATE MY TEAM] DragMag Stall (Gen 7 Pokemon Bank OU)
Hi everyone, I just came back to Pokemon Showdown recently 'cause the new metagame after Sun and Moon is released intrigue me quite a little bit! I'm developing this team and have tested it quite a bit. It was quite successful yet still have some weakness and I go up the ladder so I really need some help fixing and pushing it further from you guys! Thanks soooo much!

OVERVIEW:

I'm starting my team with Magnezone and Ninetales believing it would be a great core but then the progress of testing the team started making me realize it was not the style that I usually play. So better switching back to a more defensive team maybe? So I ended up with this stall team.

My first Pokemon was Magnezone and Ninetales (of course because of the MagTales core).

After a few tests, I replaced Ninetales with Charizard-X, obviously not DragMag at all because I believe Charizard can handle Steel-type quite easily (but still, it's Dragon and Magnezone so why not calling it DragMag? haha). I just use Charizard as a late game sweeper after the hazard has been setup and everything that can block Charizard's way has been cleaned off.
[Image: charizard-megax.gif][Image: magnezone.gif]

An entry hazard team, better have a decent guy to setup Stealth Rock. I chose Ferrothorne. Very bulky, with nice Leech Seed that can drain opponent's HP even more after the hazard.
[Image: charizard-megax.gif][Image: magnezone.gif][Image: ferrothorn-3.gif]

So having two Steel-type Pokemons in my team right now, I figure out I should have something to cover Fire-type attacks => Toxapex joined the team. A water type as an easy switch in for Fire moves. Also, Toxapex can setup Toxic Spikes and have great Regenerator ability, great for Stall, so why not? 
[Image: charizard-megax.gif][Image: magnezone.gif][Image: ferrothorn-3.gif][Image: latest?cb=20161127212311]

To cover Toxapex and Magnezone's Ground weakness, I put Togekiss in. Also as a Special sweeper (sometimes) and a great hax reliance haha.
[Image: charizard-megax.gif][Image: magnezone.gif][Image: ferrothorn-3.gif][Image: latest?cb=20161127212311][Image: togekiss.gif]

For the last slot, Gliscor was in for his immunity to Electric type and status (as I would be using Toxic Orb on him). And here's my final team:
[Image: charizard-megax.gif][Image: magnezone.gif][Image: ferrothorn-3.gif][Image: latest?cb=20161127212311][Image: togekiss.gif][Image: gliscor.gif]

DETAIL:

[Image: pkmn___mega_charizard_x_by_kurokitsune777-d6yro31.png]

Charizard @ Charizardite X  
Ability: Solar Power  
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe  
Adamant Nature  
- Flare Blitz  
- Dragon Dance  
- Dragon Claw  
- Roost

Okay so let's get started. Charizard-X is my main late game sweeper. Although normally I would prefer to get him Mega Evolved as soon as possible to avoid Stealth Rock later on (this is also a missing part of my team, a Defogger or a Rapid Spinner). As a great threat who can handle a huge range of foes with massive Attack, he acts really well on this role. With Dragon Dance, he can boost both his Speed and Attack. Flare Blitz and Dragon Claw are two STAB attacks, covering mostly everything late game. Would wondering should I put Outrage instead of Dragon Claw as he would be a late game sweeper anyway but kinda not sure because of the confusion part after 2-3 turns. Roost to cover up the HP he lost while setting up and using Flare Blitz. The EVs spread is kinda basic, I wanna put everything onto Attack and Speed.

[Image: latest?cb=20130322234815]

Magnezone @ Choice Scarf  
Ability: Magnet Pull  
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe  
Timid Nature  
IVs: 0 Atk / 30 SpA / 30 Spe  
- Thunderbolt  
- Volt Switch  
- Flash Cannon  
- Hidden Power [Fire]  

This buddy works well with Steel-type foe, mostly Ferrothorn and Skarmory, with Hidden Power Fire and Thunderbolt. I put Choice Scarf on him so that he can handle some faster Water-type Pokemons more easily. Flash Cannon to beat Fairy-type (which is Charizard-X's main opponent). The EVs spread is simple, as fast and as strong as possible.

[Image: toxapex-is-way-too-strong-pokemon-sun-an...-guide.png]

Toxapex @ Black Sludge  
Ability: Regenerator  
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpD  
Bold Nature  
IVs: 0 Atk  
- Baneful Bunker  
- Toxic Spikes  
- Recover  
- Scald

This lady here is bulky in every way. Regenerator helps her recover 30% HP easily just by switching out. Baneful Bunker cripples a lot of physical offensive threats, also as a means to help her recover a little bit with Black Sludge. And Toxic Spikes is the main reason for this Pokemon to be here, bulky enough to switch in, take one or two hit, and then setup Toxic Spikes. Recover? Obviously! And for the last slot, Scald is just something you do when you are Taunt-ed (does help Burning the opponent sometimes, but I don't think I would rely on that 30% most of the time).

[Image: hqdefault.jpg]

Gliscor @ Toxic Orb  
Ability: Poison Heal  
EVs: 184 HP / 108 Atk / 160 SpD / 56 Spe  
Adamant Nature  
- Swords Dance  
- Earthquake  
- Facade  
- Roost

So after playing for a while, I started realizing that my team is super weak against Electric-type, so I decided that I have to put a Ground type Pokemon in. And so Gliscor came into place. He is a Ground type Pokemon, bulky enough, and has POISON HEAL, which means I'm not afraid of status anymore for my team. Whenever I predict a status move from the opponent, switch this guy in and then hell yeah!
I chose Swords Dance moveset because most of the time this guy get switched in, it is against some defensively bulky Pokemon that does nothing but inflicts status and setup hazards or something, so this slow guy can have time to setup. Earthquake is his main STAB move and it hits hard when it is Super Effective. Facade is boosted by Poison so it works better than Earthquake in other 1x damge.
Actually for this spot, I'm considering replacing him with Excadrill? A nice Rapid Spinner and also a nice sweeper who can clean up Fairy type for Char-X? But I'm having too many Steel type in my team already and it would be freaking hard to deal with Fire when I have Excadrill. So still considering...
Also, although Gliscor covers Electric type really well, I still find my team weak against the shithead Ultra Beast named Xurkitree because it has Hidden Power Ice which can 1HKO my Gliscor easily.

[Image: sami_the_togekiss_by_renegar_kitsune-d36hr1d.jpg]

Togekiss @ Leftovers  
Ability: Serene Grace  
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe  
Modest Nature  
- Nasty Plot  
- Air Slash  
- Roost  
- Dazzling Gleam

The main job for Togekiss in this team is basically a Dragon-move-taker. I always find it safe to have some immunity in my team so that I can switch in without taking damage (IMO it's quite important for Stall team because you would have to switch in and out a lot). This is the basic Nasty Plot moveset for Togekiss so have not much to say about it. And I'm thinking of replacing it with another Fairy with better bulk because I started noticing that I would not use Togekiss in so many cases. And also, this lady here may be one more reason making my team fear of Electric. It would be great if you guys can help me decide which one should I replace? Or should I replace her or not? :D 

[Image: image.jpeg]

Ferrothorn @ Leftovers  
Ability: Iron Barbs  
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Def  
Impish Nature  
- Stealth Rock  
- Leech Seed  
- Power Whip  
- Protect  

The main wall, the main hazard setter. A basic moveset of Ferrothorn. Leech Seed helps burning the opponent's HP more and more after the hazards. Protect is a cheat to predict the opponent's next move and to recover a lot with Leftovers + Leech Seed. Power Whip to nail those Water down while stalling them.

So, I found my team kinda weak against XurkitreeLandorus (sometimes I can get through with Landorus, but just when my prediction is good enough, and it doesn't work that way against a good and great players out there). Those two are my main threats that I meet a lot. It would be great if you guys can point out some more threats and help me fix my team
Also, I have no way to prevent Defogger or Rapid Spinner especially when my team rely on hazards "quite a bit". I was planning to use Bisharp but it means I have one more Steel-type Pokemon in my team and that I would have hard time with Fire.
Sooooo, the problem now is in Gliscor and Togekiss. I'm wondering is there anything else out there I could replace to fit in these two spots? Although I tested a lot with this team and it works quite well, I'm not really satisfied because I know there are still a lot of weaknesses.

Importable:

Charizard @ Charizardite X  
Ability: Solar Power  
Adamant Nature  
- Flare Blitz  
- Dragon Dance  
- Dragon Claw  
- Roost  

Magnezone @ Choice Scarf  
Ability: Magnet Pull  
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe  
Timid Nature  
IVs: 0 Atk / 30 SpA / 30 Spe  
- Thunderbolt  
- Volt Switch  
- Flash Cannon  
- Hidden Power [Fire]  

Toxapex @ Black Sludge  
Ability: Regenerator  
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpD  
Bold Nature  
- Baneful Bunker  
- Toxic Spikes  
- Recover  
- Scald  

Gliscor @ Toxic Orb  
EVs: 184 HP / 108 Atk / 160 SpD / 56 Spe  
Adamant Nature  
- Swords Dance  
- Earthquake  
- Facade  
- Roost  

Togekiss @ Leftovers  
Ability: Serene Grace  
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe  
Modest Nature  
- Nasty Plot  
- Air Slash  
- Roost  
- Dazzling Gleam  

Ferrothorn @ Leftovers  
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Def  
Impish Nature  
- Stealth Rock  
- Leech Seed  
- Power Whip  
- Protect  

P/S: Pictures are taken from 
http://pokemon.wikia.com 
http://www.pokestadium.com/tools/sprites
http://www.deviantart.com
http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Main_Page
Hey @minhsu. Cool team you have, glad you considered MagTales as it is one of my favourite cores,. Did you read about it here? Let me know!

Anyways, I would suggest some changes to your team, as it has a few flaws:

1- Magnezone doesn't do much for the team honestly. It is supposed to help on teams that are weak/helpless against Steel types, but one of your core Pokémon is a Fire type. And, offensively, Steel types can,t do much against your team. However, your team struggles against opposing Fire types, such as Zard-X (ironically), and Tapu Koko/Pheromosa are also issues. I would suggest using Dugtrio to fix this.

Dugtrio @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Arena Trap
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Aerial Ace
- Stone Edge
- Memento

2- I would suggest this set for Gliscor, as you can still break stall while also handling special attackers more easily since you have no special walls.

Gliscor @ Toxic Orb
EVs: 244 HP / 8 Def / 200 SpD / 56 Spe
Careful Nature
- Swords Dance
- Earthquake
- Knock Off/Taunt
- Roost

3- You lack a Defoger, and Togekiss isn't too good in this meta. I would suggest using Tapu Fini instead as it has a better typing and it also removes the terrains.

Tapu Fini @ Leftovers
Ability: Misty Surge
EVs: 252 HP / 212 Def / 44 Spe
Bold Nature
- Defog
- Surf
- Moonblast
- Taunt

4- Try this Ferrothorn spread instead.

Ferrothorn @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 68 Def / 192 SpD
Relaxed Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Power Whip
- Thunder Wave/Protect
- Leech Seed

Try this out and let me know how it goes. You can PM me if you need more help.

BTW this isn't stall at all lol. This is what we call balance. :]