Share:    Facebook Facebook Reddit

[RATE MY TEAM] Filling in the Blanks
Hey guys! I have a few issues with my competitive team. I want them all perfectly IV and EV trained. I can handle that. However I am deciding what pokemon to use. These are the pokemon on my team at the moment...

-Gliscor
-Aegislash
-Talonflame
-Kangaskhan
-
-

There are currently two open spots on my team which I don't know which pokemon to put in. I was looking for input from the public. With the pokemon already listed, how should I build them? And for the blank spots, which pokemon do you think would work best, and how should I build them? As for those two blank spots, I was thinking some sort of bulk or wall. My dream is to be able to ride on a Gogoat everywhere you go in Pokemon like you would on a bike. That would be nice. If that was an addition then Gogoat would totally be on my team. However that does not exist. I just need two more pokemon, and I am thinking about a bulk or a wall. Possibly a Snorlax that is all status moves. Thanks in advanced!
(Feb 6, 2016, 09:45 PM)Tanner Harig Wrote: Hey guys! I have a few issues with my competitive team. I want them all perfectly IV and EV trained. I can handle that. However I am deciding what pokemon to use. These are the pokemon on my team at the moment...

-Gliscor
-Aegislash
-Talonflame
-Kangaskhan
-
-

There are currently two open spots on my team which I don't know which pokemon to put in. I was looking for input from the public. With the pokemon already listed, how should I build them? And for the blank spots, which pokemon do you think would work best, and how should I build them? As for those two blank spots, I was thinking some sort of bulk or wall. My dream is to be able to ride on a Gogoat everywhere you go in Pokemon like you would on a bike. That would be nice. If that was an addition then Gogoat would totally be on my team. However that does not exist. I just need two more pokemon, and I am thinking about a bulk or a wall. Possibly a Snorlax that is all status moves. Thanks in advanced!

You can put in chansey which will be a good wall, P.S. What format are you aiming for? (Battle spot, singles, doubles, etc...)
"#PopplioSquadIsLit"

Previously known as Julia234
(Feb 6, 2016, 09:49 PM)Colette Wrote:
(Feb 6, 2016, 09:45 PM)Tanner Harig Wrote: Hey guys! I have a few issues with my competitive team. I want them all perfectly IV and EV trained. I can handle that. However I am deciding what pokemon to use. These are the pokemon on my team at the moment...

-Gliscor
-Aegislash
-Talonflame
-Kangaskhan
-
-

You can put in chansey which will be a good wall, P.S. What format are you aiming for? (Battle spot, singles, doubles, etc...)

@Colette I am planning on going for Double Battles on Rated Battles in ORAS. I also plan to go competitive. I noticed you had Assault Vest Azumaril on your team. Why that? I can see it as a bulk with Huge Power to give a good attack boost, but so many other water types have a better base def stat and SpDef stat than Azumaril. Another thing you should know is that I will REFUSE to fight with Legendary pokemon. Landorous is a big pokemon in competitive however I like to show that you dont need a legendary to win a battle.
(Feb 6, 2016, 09:55 PM)Tanner Harig Wrote:
(Feb 6, 2016, 09:49 PM)Colette Wrote:

-Gliscor
-Aegislash
-Talonflame
-Kangaskhan
-
-

@Colette I am planning on going for Double Battles on Rated Battles in ORAS. I also plan to go competitive. I noticed you had Assault Vest Azumaril on your team. Why that? I can see it as a bulk with Huge Power to give a good attack boost, but so many other water types have a better base def stat and SpDef stat than Azumaril. Another thing you should know is that I will REFUSE to fight with Legendary pokemon. Landorous is a big pokemon in competitive however I like to show that you dont need a legendary to win a battle.
I honestly went up against another team and Azumarill I saw played a big role and had some decent bulk giving it the ability to take hits while taking out other pokemon. I understand about Landorus.. It was put to check in Primal groudon and M-Rayquaza. I never really considered Landorus a real 'legendary' since there's rayquaza and all those pokes
"#PopplioSquadIsLit"

@Colette I see what you mean. Now its just down to what pokemon I should slap in those last two spots.
(Feb 6, 2016, 10:18 PM)Tanner Harig Wrote: @Colette I see what you mean. Now its just down to what pokemon I should slap in those last two spots.

There is azumarill hint hint wink wink kappa

Just messing with ya lol I would suggest steelix, aggron, or florges or avalugg and chansey

They all have pretty good bulk
"#PopplioSquadIsLit"

(Feb 6, 2016, 10:29 PM)Colette Wrote:
(Feb 6, 2016, 10:18 PM)Tanner Harig Wrote: @Colette I see what you mean. Now its just down to what pokemon I should slap in those last two spots.

There is azumarill hint hint wink wink  kappa

Just messing with ya lol I would suggest steelix, aggron, or florges or avalugg and chansey

I was also thinking about putting a Gardevoir on my team. It wouldnt mega b/c Kanga already does that. So it would have dazzling gleam, psychic, thunderbolt, plus one more. Maybe a speedy starmie with Reflect Type, Refresh, and Psychic.
(Feb 6, 2016, 11:25 PM)Tanner Harig Wrote:

I was also thinking about putting a Gardevoir on my team. It wouldnt mega b/c Kanga already does that. So it would have dazzling gleam, psychic, thunderbolt, plus one more. Maybe a speedy starmie with Reflect Type, Refresh, and Psychic.

Also I have used a really good Galvantula in the past. @Colette
(Feb 6, 2016, 11:26 PM)Tanner Harig Wrote:

Galvantula is pretty useless, all it does is set up sticky web then dies.. I would recommend using gardevoir, and instead of psychic you can use Psyshock for specially defensive pokemon
"#PopplioSquadIsLit"

(Feb 7, 2016, 12:02 AM)Colette Wrote:
(Feb 6, 2016, 11:26 PM)Tanner Harig Wrote:

Galvantula is pretty useless, all it does is set up sticky web then dies.. I would recommend using gardevoir, and instead of psychic you can use Psyshock for specially defensive pokemon

@Colette

Galvantula is basically a glass cannon. Great speed. Great special attack. Low defense. I put a focus sash on mine so that it could avoid being 1HKOed. It has electroball, bug buzz, electroweb, and spider web. It has the ability compound eyes to ensure that an attack it makes wont miss. Its nature is timid.

Gardevoir is pretty nice, tons of damage there. I am not sure what I would want it to have as a held item though. Plus I wouldnt know what exactly to do with the moveset. I prefer double battles so Moonblast may be a good option there. Psychic or psyshock is good. Shadow Ball, then Thunderbolt. If I have a pokemon running earthquake then its ability should be telepathy, if not, then run trace.

I really want to use my Cradily. Its so great once set up correctly. It has ingrain, stockpile, energy ball, and sludge bomb. Great moveset and is a great set up when using ingrain and stockpile. Not only that, but it holds leftovers. It heals a little bit twice each turn. Then with stockpile it turns into such a wall. Then it has the ability Storm Drain. Water type moves are not a worry if Cradily is on the field! Its nature is bold.