Share:    Facebook Facebook Reddit

[RATE MY TEAM] First (at least slightly good) Team
(Mar 18, 2015, 04:30 PM)Marcusube Wrote: I can guarantee that you are going to have a hard time dealing with rain teams and teams that carry speed control.

At the face of your team you have a gap consisting of Rock, Water, Fire and Ice weaknesses, all of which are very common offensive types in VGC.

Talonflame @ Life Orb
Ability: Gale Wings
Level: 50
EVs: 124 HP / 252 Atk / 92 Def / 40 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Brave Bird
- Protect
- Flare Blitz
- Tailwind

If you want to stop a Fake Out, just bring something that can outspeed the Fake Out. Most likely the opponent will Fake Out the Talonflame and attack your other lead so just run Talonflame with Protect. Tailwind is here just so that you can redo Mega Kang's EV spread to give it more bulk instead of going 252/252/4 EV spread with Jolly Nature.

Bisharp really has no place on this team other than to stop Intimidate users from switching in seeing as how most of your team is Physical. Other than that it hinders the team more than it helps it. I suggest dropping Bisharp and adding another Intimidater, preferably Hitmontop.

Hitmontop @ Life Orb
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 116 HP / 124 Atk / 168 Def / 100 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Quick Guard
- Close Combat
- Feint
- Helping Hand

Hitmontop is beast because it has Quick Guard to stop those Fake Outs you were worrying about but unlike Talonflame it stays around much longer. Close Combat with this EV spreads OHKOs bulky Kangaskhans and Terrakions which both threaten your team

124+ Atk Life Orb Hitmontop Close Combat vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Mega Kangaskhan: 213-252 (100.4 - 118.8%) -- guaranteed OHKO

Feint allows Talonflame to strike down your opponent without getting outplayed and rock slid to death or you can use Feint to stop Wide Guard allowing Landorus to fire off his spread moves which makes it so you won't have to use Stone Edge anymore and Kangaskhan can get its power boost off Bisharp when you use Power Up Punch as you strike through the protect which most of them carry. Helping Hand is just to ensure more kills.

Drop Stone Edge for U-turn on Landorus so you can run out to avoid an incoming Ice Beam or Hydro Pump and come back in later with another Intimidate.

I recommend Facade over Return and Fake Out over Protect on Kangaskhan here. Normally I would suggest running Double Edge but this team is prone to being affected by tons of status moves, especially burns. This is just an avenue to take advantage of that and Fake Out is just great on Kang especially if you abuse the Scrappy ability before mega evolving.

Lastly, you won't need Metagross and trust me on this. Sylveon is not as big of a threat as people make it out to be because it still has a flaw in its physical defense and you have a team full of physical attackers to mow it down. The real problem here is your lack of speed control and options to redirect super effective hits away from your teammates.

For these purposes, I recommend dropping in Clefable for your 6th slot.

Clefable @ Leftovers
Ability: Magic Guard
EVs: 252 HP / 132 Def / 12 SpA / 108 SpD / 4 Spe
Bold Nature
- Follow Me
- Moonblast
- Icy Wind
- Protect

Follow Me pulls away those nasty Ice Beams and Scalds away from your teammates ensuring that none of your physical attackers get maimed by burn hax. Moonblast is just to check those Dragons out there (*cough* Hydreigon), Icy Wind provides speed control especially against Dragons (*cough* MegaMence) and Landorus-T. Protect is here to get more HP recovery from Leftovers as well as avoiding attacks from physical steel types

These are just suggestions. Also you can do your Kangaskhans EV spread the way you feel comfortable with if you're going to take Icy Wind and Tailwind into consideration.

Wow, that's quite lengthy. I'll definitely give everything a try and see how it works out! Thanks a ton Smile