Share:    Facebook Facebook Reddit

[RATE MY TEAM] Mega Beedrill Team.
So here goes my first try at a real team.

Here's the main focus of the team and one of my favorite pokemon. It is also a physical attacking monster and works really well as a sweeper.
Beedrill @Beedrillite
Nature: Jolly
Ability: Swarm
Evs: 4 Hp/252 Speed/252 Attack
Moves:Protect, Poison Jab, X-Scissor, Drill Run

Protect is so you cant get outsped on your first turn because beedrill is really slow. Poison Jab and X-Scissor and STAB moves to help take advantage of the Adaptability ability. Drill Run is mainly for coverage.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
This is my special sweeper and main pokemon for coverage.
Greninja @Expert Belt
Nature: Timid
Ability: Protean
Evs: 40 Attack/212 Special Attack/252 Speed
Moves: Extrasensory, Surf, Ice Beam, Gunk Shot

The Expert Belt is for taking advantage of the +20% boost you can get for super effective moves which is great for a protean pokemon like this one. These moves are mainly for coverage. Extrasensory for poison and fighting types, Surf for ground, rock, and fire types, and Ice Beam for flying, grass, and dragon types. Not sure of a 4th move for this one but I'm looking for a good physical move.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
It may sound weird, but i made this specifically for Mega Sceptile because Ice Shard is a priority move that can devastate it because it has a quad weakness to ice and its weakest stat is defense.
I know that Weavile's hidden ability is the better of the two, but i wasn't able to get one with it.
Weavile @ Focus Sash
Nature:Jolly
Ability: Pressure
Evs: 4 HP/252 Attack/252 Speed
Moves: Retaliate, Night Slash, Knock Off, Ice Shard

Retaliate is for getting those revenge kills. Night Slash is a really strong STAB moves. Ice Shard is an ice type priority move which is good for taking down Salamence and Garchomp. Knock Off is for knocking off items
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
This is where things get really strange with this team. I think i tried to do way to much with this Scolipede.
Scolipede @ Black Sludge
Nature: Careful
Ability: Speed Boost
Evs: 4 HP/252 Defense/252 Special Defence
Moves: X-Scissor, Venom Drench, Baton Pass, Swords Dance
This is mainly for walling and setting up Swords Dance and Venom Drench, and then going for the really powerful X-Scissor or switching with Baton Pass to pretty much anything on this team.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Here's the next member, which took a while to obtain.
Infernape @ Life Orb
Nature: Jolly
Ability: Iron Fist
Moves: Fake Out, Fire Punch, Thunder Punch, Mach Punch.

Fake Out is for making the opponents flinch. Fire Punch and Mach Punch are STAB moves that take advantage of the ability and Mach Punch is also priority. Thunder Punch also take advantage of the ability and is mainly for water types and flying types.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Here's the last member which I've wanted to use for a long time.
Goodra @ Assault Vest
Nature: Modest
Ability: Gooey
Evs: 156 HP/200 Defense/152 Special Defense
Moves: Dragon Pulse, Muddy Water, Sludge Bomb, Thunderbolt

These moves are mainly for coverage. The item increases special defense so i can allocate more EVs to HP.

I really need something to replace Scolipede as a wall and something good for spikes.
So yeah thats pretty much it. I'm mainly looking for suggestion on this team and other pokemon that would compliment this team very well.
Try Knock off or Drill Run on Beedrill instead of X-Scissor for better coverage.
Venom Drench is pretty gimmicky and may not work well.
Gunk Shot on Greninja.
Knock off over Night Slash on Weavile, Ice Beam is bad because of Weavile's low SpA so try Icicle Crash instead.

As for potential teammates, you could have something with Volt Switch for a VoltTurn combo with Beedrill and also you want something with Defog or Rapid Spin because Beedrill is weak to Stealth Rock and they limit it's switch ins.