Share:    Facebook Facebook Reddit

[RATE MY TEAM] My first real vgc team
hey guys this is a team that i made out of the scratch!

Kangaskhan @ Kangaskhanite
Ability: Scrappy
Level: 50
EVs: 100 HP / 248 Atk / 4 Def / 156 Spe
Jolly Nature
IVs: 0 SpA
- Facade
- Power-Up Punch
- Fake Out
- Sucker Punch

Politoed @ Leftovers
Ability: Drizzle
EVs: 252 HP / 76 Def / 72 SpA / 96 SpD / 12 Spe
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Scald
- Icy Wind
- Swagger
- Psychic

Kingdra @ Life Orb
Ability: Swift Swim
EVs: 40 HP / 252 Atk / 216 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Outrage
- Waterfall
- Iron Head
- Protect

Thundurus @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 244 HP / 108 Def / 64 SpA / 72 SpD / 20 Spe
Calm Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Thunder Wave
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Taunt

Gliscor @ Toxic Orb
Ability: Poison Heal
EVs: 248 HP / 188 Def / 72 Spe
Impish Nature
- Toxic
- Protect
- Earthquake
- Cross Poison

Sylveon @ Choice Specs
Ability: Pixilate
EVs: 92 HP / 116 Def / 252 SpA / 48 Spe
Modest Nature
- Hyper Voice
- Psyshock
- Shadow Ball
- Hidden Power [Ground]

My prefered lead will be mega-kang and politoed, or politoed kingdra. the psyshic for politoed is to help kang with the figthing types!

Please help me making my team better!
I'll analyze your team step by step:

M-Kang: you are using just enough speed to outspeed Adamant M-Kangs, that's fine. A 252/252 Jolly M-Kang has only 8,3% chance to OHKO your M-Kang with Low Kick, that's fine too. However i would run Protect to scout for the nature of opposing M-Kangs while avoiding Fake Out damage from Jolly ones. Return is more consistent than Facade. I'm not a huge fan of P-Up Punch, but with this set it makes more sense than Low Kick in my opinion, good call. I've adjusted the EV spread (244 EVs gives the same stat as 248 EVs)

Kangaskhan @ Kangaskhanite
Ability: Scrappy
EVs: 100 HP / 244 Atk / 4 Def / 4 SpD / 156 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Return
- Power-Up Punch
- Protect
- Sucker Punch

Politoed: it is frail on the physical side, i would use a Bold nature. You have Sylveon to take care of Fighting type pokemons, so you don't need to run Psychic. Terrakion, which is the biggest threat to your M-Kang, is also weak to Scald. Swagger is not a good move for Politoed.

Politoed @ Leftovers
Ability: Drizzle
EVs: 252 HP / 116 Def / 76 SpA / 60 SpD / 4 Spe
Bold Nature
- Scald
- Icy Wind
- Helping Hand
- Protect

76 SpA Politoed Scald vs. 4 HP / 0 SpD Landorus-T in Rain: 168-198 (101.8 - 120%) -- guaranteed OHKO

I'll talk about Helping Hand later.

Kingdra: the physical set is not as good as the special set because there are a lot of Intimidates and W-o-W around, and Iron Head won't help you against Sylveon and Gardevoir anyway. 100 EVs in Speed under Rain to outspeed even a Scarf Jolly Land-T (just in case), the rest in SpA and bulk. You can decide which Water type attack you want to use (Life Orb boosted Helping Hand Surf or Muddy Water deal a LOT of damage on anything, but Scald is more consistent)

Kingdra @ Life Orb
Ability: Swift Swim
EVs: 156 HP / 252 SpA / 100 Spe
Modest Nature
- Dragon Pulse
- Scald / Surf / Muddy Water
- Ice Beam
- Protect

Thundurus and Sylveon: everything seems ok. Helping Hand + Choice Specs Hyper Voice.. do i really have to say something about it?

Gliscor is the main problem here. It doesn't work well in VGC. I would use Scizor to deal with Sylveon, M-Gardevoir, Ludicolo and M-Venusaur. Bisharp can work too because you may have problems with Cresselia and Aegislash, since you have nothing to hit them hard. Sash Bisharp or Lum Berry Scizor (with Knock Off) can deal with them.
Thanx man! smart thing with the helping hand instead of swagger. i ran a physical kingdra because i lacked a hard hitter but with Bisharp of Scizor i can run a special one Smile I will change the team and see what i run into Smile
outrage isnt good in vgc cause of sylveon
#teamreplay

"They call me damage"  

#Freewolf

Lets make the Pokemon Forever Forum Great Again!