Share:    Facebook Facebook Reddit

[RATE MY TEAM] Need help, Rate my team!
(Jan 30, 2016, 05:29 PM)rcaldwell585 Wrote: yeah i didnt read the team that well my bad

It's fine, appreciate the input! Plus my winning streak is unbelievable xD highest i've ever had
"#PopplioSquadIsLit"

Previously known as Julia234
I've noticed a lot of people forfeiting xD It's good for me but at least go on with the battle I mean c'mon you don't know what might happen.
"#PopplioSquadIsLit"

(Jan 23, 2016, 05:58 PM)Colette Wrote:
Hey so I kinda started going into competitive battling and need some input on my team.  I'm leaning more towards OU.
Here's my current team:  Win : Loss ratio : 20:1

[Image: landorus-therian-front-gif.40379]

Pokemon: Landorus-T @choice scarf
Nature: Adamant
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Moves:
-U-turn
-Superpower (May change to knock off or stealth rock)
-Earthquake
-Rock slide
Landorus is a good entry as it lowers the opponent's attack, and i'm able to deal some damage by U-turning out preventing the opponent from dealing some damage to it.  It also does some nice damage to M-Metagross which is not too common, but can be deadly if not prepared.

[Image: 36c9e5e5.gif]

Pokemon: Azumarill @Assault Vest
Ability: Huge power
EVs: 228 HP / 252 Atk / 12 Def / 12 SpD / 4 Spe
Moves:
-Waterfall
-Play rough
-Knock off
-Aqua jet
Azumarill also takes out other opposing Lando-Ts easily with waterfall while play rough can help deal some nice damage as it provides good power and coverage.  Aqua jet is there to finish of some pokemon that are left with a little bit of HP.

[Image: jolteon.gif]

Pokemon: Jolteon @choice specs
Nature: Timid
Ability: Volt absorb
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Moves:
-Thunderbolt
-Signal beam
-Hidden power grass
-Volt switch
Jolteon is in here to take care of rotom-w which i've been seeing a lot lately.  If something doesn't go according to plan, I can safely volt switch out.

[Image: 428F.gif]

Pokemon: Lopunny @Lopunnite
Nature: Jolly
Ability: Limber
Moves:
-Fake out
-High jump kick
-Return
-Ice punch
Lopunny is my mega because it's able to sweep gliscor, lando-T, and etc..  

[Image: latest?cb=20150201061108]

Pokemon: Talonflame @Choice Band
Ability: Gale Wings
Moves:
-Brave bird
-flare blitz
-U-turn
-Me First
I put in talon flame so that it can take out M-Alakazam, and M-Medicham, and deal some decent damage to rotom. There was no use for roost since once Talonflame is locked into brave bird, there's really nothing else I can do, which is why I put in Me first to help deal with the annoying dragonite before it can kill using outrage.
[Image: aegislash.gif]

Pokemon: Aegislash @Weakness policy
Ability: Stance change
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD
Moves:
-Shadow sneak
-Sacred sword
-Iron head
-King's Shield
This set was chosen because king's shield protects aegislash while dropping the opponent's attack and provides more chances at staying in by reverting to it's shield form.  Shadow sneak can pick off weaker pokemon while sacred sword can take out heatran, and ferrothorn.  Iron head is there to take care of fairy types such as sylveon.

Any input would be great, if you need more details i'd be glad to share (Or add it on the list)  I especially need help on which pokemon would be better fit for my team. Thank you for your time!  Shy

I think your team has a ton of potential! It seems very well rounded. Not much I can say about Lando-T because I don't like fighting with Legendaries. I don't understand Assault Vest Azumaril, so many other water types have better base defense and SpDef stats than Azumaril. That Jolteon sounds perfect to be honest with ya. I don't see the point of Me First on Talonflame considering how fast it is to start with. I don't know what the problem is with Dragonite that would need it to be that way. Explain it to me and I will probably understand. Lopunny sounds pretty great, it makes my Gliscor sad though. I feel that if I use Talonflame I would have it hold a life orb and then replace Me First with Roost. My Aegislash seems quite similar to your build! Except I have shadow claw instead of shadow sneak. Why shadow sneak? Also, some people had told me to make Aegislash a special attacker. Not sure why. Overall, this team is outstanding!
(Feb 6, 2016, 10:05 PM)Tanner Harig Wrote:
Hey so I kinda started going into competitive battling and need some input on my team.  I'm leaning more towards OU.

Moves:
-U-turn
-Earthquake
-Rock slide
Landorus is a good entry as it lowers the opponent's attack, and i'm able to deal some damage by U-turning out preventing the opponent from dealing some damage to it.  It also does some nice damage to M-Metagross which is not too common, but can be deadly if not prepared.

Moves:
-Waterfall
-Play rough
-Knock off
-Aqua jet
Azumarill also takes out other opposing Lando-Ts easily with waterfall while play rough can help deal some nice damage as it provides good power and coverage.  Aqua jet is there to finish of some pokemon that are left with a little bit of HP.

Moves:
-Thunderbolt
-Signal beam
-Hidden power grass
-Volt switch
Jolteon is in here to take care of rotom-w which i've been seeing a lot lately.  If something doesn't go according to plan, I can safely volt switch out.

Moves:
-Fake out
-High jump kick
-Return
-Ice punch

Moves:
-Brave bird
-flare blitz
-U-turn
-Me First
I put in talon flame so that it can take out M-Alakazam, and M-Medicham, and deal some decent damage to rotom. There was no use for roost since once Talonflame is locked into brave bird, there's really nothing else I can do, which is why I put in Me first to help deal with the annoying dragonite before it can kill using outrage.

Moves:
-Shadow sneak
-Sacred sword
-Iron head
-King's Shield
This set was chosen because king's shield protects aegislash while dropping the opponent's attack and provides more chances at staying in by reverting to it's shield form.  Shadow sneak can pick off weaker pokemon while sacred sword can take out heatran, and ferrothorn.  Iron head is there to take care of fairy types such as sylveon.

Any input would be great, if you need more details i'd be glad to share (Or add it on the list)  I especially need help on which pokemon would be better fit for my team. Thank you for your time!  Shy

I think your team has a ton of potential! It seems very well rounded. Not much I can say about Lando-T because I don't like fighting with Legendaries. I don't understand Assault Vest Azumaril, so many other water types have better base defense and SpDef stats than Azumaril. That Jolteon sounds perfect to be honest with ya. I don't see the point of Me First on Talonflame considering how fast it is to start with. I don't know what the problem is with Dragonite that would need it to be that way. Explain it to me and I will probably understand. Lopunny sounds pretty great, it makes my Gliscor sad though. I feel that if I use Talonflame I would have it hold a life orb and then replace Me First with Roost. My Aegislash seems quite similar to your build! Except I have shadow claw instead of shadow sneak. Why shadow sneak? Also, some people had told me to make Aegislash a special attacker. Not sure why. Overall, this team is outstanding!
Thanks! And I put Me first in there in case dragnet gets set up with dragon dance and there's really no way for me to outspeed, Me first comes in handy. I would keep the choice band since it adds more power with gale wings, it's an amazing revenge killer. Aegislash has shadow sneak to pick of weaker pokemon, It allows me to do some decent damage while going first. if i'm in a unfavorable position I can use king's shield, potentially lowering the opponent's attack depending on which move it uses. Azumarill has a very nice move pool. Play rough can deal some nice damage to dark types, dragons, fighting etc... However would Hidden power ice be better than hidden power grass?
"#PopplioSquadIsLit"

(Feb 6, 2016, 10:27 PM)Colette Wrote:

Moves:
-U-turn
-Earthquake
-Rock slide

Moves:
-Waterfall
-Play rough
-Knock off
-Aqua jet

Moves:
-Thunderbolt
-Signal beam
-Hidden power grass
-Volt switch

Moves:
-Fake out
-High jump kick
-Return
-Ice punch

Moves:
-Brave bird
-flare blitz
-U-turn
-Me First

Moves:
-Shadow sneak
-Sacred sword
-Iron head
-King's Shield

Thanks! And I put Me first in there in case dragnet gets set up with dragon dance and there's really no way for me to outspeed, Me first comes in handy.  I would keep the choice band since it adds more power with gale wings, it's an amazing revenge killer.  Aegislash has shadow sneak to pick of weaker pokemon, It allows me to do some decent damage while going first. if i'm in a unfavorable position I can use king's shield, potentially lowering the opponent's attack depending on which move it uses.  Azumarill has a very nice move pool.  Play rough can deal some nice damage to dark types, dragons, fighting etc...  However would Hidden power ice be better than hidden power grass?

Keep hidden power grass because you have ice punch on Lopunny
(Feb 6, 2016, 11:17 PM)Tanner Harig Wrote:
(Feb 6, 2016, 10:27 PM)Colette Wrote:

Moves:
-U-turn
-Earthquake
-Rock slide

Moves:
-Waterfall
-Play rough
-Knock off
-Aqua jet

Moves:
-Thunderbolt
-Signal beam
-Hidden power grass
-Volt switch

Moves:
-Fake out
-High jump kick
-Return
-Ice punch

Moves:
-Brave bird
-flare blitz
-U-turn
-Me First

Moves:
-Shadow sneak
-Sacred sword
-Iron head
-King's Shield

Thanks! And I put Me first in there in case dragnet gets set up with dragon dance and there's really no way for me to outspeed, Me first comes in handy.  I would keep the choice band since it adds more power with gale wings, it's an amazing revenge killer.  Aegislash has shadow sneak to pick of weaker pokemon, It allows me to do some decent damage while going first. if i'm in a unfavorable position I can use king's shield, potentially lowering the opponent's attack depending on which move it uses.  Azumarill has a very nice move pool.  Play rough can deal some nice damage to dark types, dragons, fighting etc...  However would Hidden power ice be better than hidden power grass?

Keep hidden power grass because you have ice punch on Lopunny
What if lopunny is killed early against dragonite and jolteon is my last poke? I think HP Ice would prove more useful
"#PopplioSquadIsLit"

@Colette Yep! Your last post makes sense