Share:    Facebook Facebook Reddit

[RATE MY TEAM] Need some help
So I've been messing around with some different choices for a VGC team and fortunately it did get me to 1700 on Battle Spot doubles, I hit some bad loses and went down to 1650 so I'm looking to see if I can fill in some gaps and try to improve from here.

Suicune
Nature:Bold
Item:Rocky Helmet
EVs: 252 HP/252 SP Attack/4 speed
Moves:
Tailwind
Snarl
Ice Beam
Scald

I'm sure the spreads could be a bit more unique but I wanted to give it at least a full spread so that it can be useful and basically I'm kinda copying this idea from seeing Aaron Zheng use it.

Charizard
Item:Charzardite X
Nature:Adamant
EVs:252 Attack/252 Def/4 Speed

Flare Blitz
Roost
Dragon Dance
Dragon Claw

I'm going with Mega Zard X here because it is a surprise factor since 9 times out of 10 Mega Zard Y will be used and plus it does have a really nice typing. What I'm thinking here is either invest in Bulk or go with a Follow Me user to try and set up.

Bisharp
Ability: Defiant
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Knock Off
- Iron Head
- Sucker Punch
- Protect

Not much to really say here since it's rather standard and the same one I've been using for awhile

Terrakion
Item: Life Orb
Nature: Adamant
EVs: 252 Attack/252 Def/4 Speed
Moves:
Protect
Rock Slide
Close Combat
Earthquake

Is there really anything I could do differently with this since it does seem to be really standard.

Sylveon
Item: Choice Specs
92 HP / 116 Def / 252 SpA / 48 Spe
Modest Nature
- Psyshock
- Hyper Voice
- Hyper Beam
- Shadow Ball

Pretty standard and plus it's been the one I've been using for awhile

Thundurus
Nature: Calm
EVs: 244 HP/108 Def/64 SpA/72 SpD/20 Spe

Moves:
Thunder Wave
Thunderbolt
Protect
Taunt

I think where I'm going wrong here is with EV spreads but I honestly don't know and I'm using Protect over something like HP Ice because there has been times where I've been able to win matches from stalling out like Tailwind or a status condition.

So there it is and any bit of help is greatly appreciated in trying to improve this team since I'm still learning the ins and outs of team building and I always seem to have a bad time when determining unique EV spreads. And thankfully I have a large variety of Pokemon to choose so swapping stuff out is no issue at all. (Sorry if my explanations seem rather dull but a lot of the stuff is a bit standard, once I actually get some more creativity to my teams then I'll hopefully be able to provide better descriptions.)
Thats a good suicune spread it really punishes physical attacks! The team aswell looks VERY well rounded to
Putting Team Magma Team Builder: http://www.teammagma.net/teambuilder/?24...39|700|642
The first thing I saw before putting the team in is your team can just be Earthquake'd. Thundurus is not enough to stop Earthquake plus Life Orb Terrakion Earthquake is not supported except for protecting and Thundurus. I would switch Terrakion for Amoonguss. Amoonguss completes the Fire-Water-Grass, provides redirection for Mega Chard-X and eliminates a ground weakness.