Share:    Facebook Facebook Reddit

[RATE MY TEAM] Please rate this team (Not really mine but I wanna improve it)
Firstly, this team is not of my creation and I hope the original creator of it let's me use it.I am really interested in this team and I'd like to use it myself and do some tweaks on it for competitive play. Ive only recently started playing seriously and it'd be nice to have a good team to play with like Whimsigar cuz it seems so interesting! I really dont like the fact of using thundurus or metagross. If there are good subs please let me know.  All credit goes to the writer and creator of this article: https://vgcwithhats.com/2015/03/23/the-d...-analysis/

Gengar @ Gengarite
[Image: dd2f7-mega_gengar.png?w=300&h=300]
Ability: Levitate
Level: 50
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
– Shadow Ball
– Sludge Bomb
- Protect 
- DisableWhimsicott @ Focus Sash
[Image: 547Whimsicott.png]
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 252 HP / 28 Def / 4 SpA / 4 SpD / 220 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
– Moonblast
– Fake Tears
– Encore
– ProtectTerrakion @ Lum Berry
[Image: terrakion.png?w=300&h=300]
Ability: Justified
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
– Close Combat
– Rock Slide
– Double Kick
– ProtectSuicune @ Sitrus Berry
[Image: 245Suicune.png]
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 252 HP / 116 Def / 92 SpA / 28 SpD / 20 Spe
Bold Nature
– Scald
– Ice Beam
– Tailwind
– ProtectThundurus-Therian @ Choice Scarf
[Image: 642Thundurus-Therian.png]
Ability: Volt Absorb
EVs: 4 HP / 56 Def / 252 SpA / 196 Spe
Modest Nature
IVs: 14 Atk / 30 Def
– Thunderbolt
– Hidden Power [Ice]
– Grass Knot
– Volt SwitchMetagross @ Metagrossite
[Image: metagross-mega1.png?w=300&h=300]
Ability: Clear Body
EVs: 252 HP / 36 Atk / 4 Def / 36 SpD / 180 Spe
Adamant Nature
– Iron Head
– Zen Headbutt
– Ice Punch
– Protect
The team looks pretty good for Battle Spot Doubles. You can also run Perish Song on Gengar over Sludge Bomb or Shadow Ball as this team can easily pull it off. Running Beat Up on Whimsicott is also an option with Terrakion to take advantage of the Justified ability. I would also recommend running Substitute over Ice Punch on Metagross to avoid stat drops, status conditions and incoming attacks.

Tailwind on Suicune is redundant. Just run Icy Wind for speed control. Life Orb may be a better option on Thundurus-T and you can run Protect over Volt Switch. Double Kick doesn't really serve any purpose. Better move options are Quick Guard, Taunt, Iron Head, Swords Dance or Substitute.
(Apr 30, 2016, 11:12 AM)Marcusube Wrote: The team looks pretty good for Battle Spot Doubles. You can also run Perish Song on Gengar over Sludge Bomb or Shadow Ball as this team can easily pull it off. Running Beat Up on Whimsicott is also an option with Terrakion to take advantage of the Justified ability. I would also recommend running Substitute over Ice Punch on Metagross to avoid stat drops, status conditions and incoming attacks.

Tailwind on Suicune is redundant. Just run Icy Wind for speed control. Life Orb may be a better option on Thundurus-T and you can run Protect over Volt Switch. Double Kick doesn't really serve any purpose. Better move options are Quick Guard, Taunt, Iron Head, Swords Dance or Substitute.

Wow that sounds great, thx for all those great advices. One thing I dont really understand tho is the purpose of running perish trap as that combo seems a bit dead already and sludge bomb gives me advantage over fairies such as xerneas and Sylveon. Also, any other Mega's I can run instead of a Metagross, preferably a mon that can hold it's own even without being in mega.
Kangaskhan, Mawile and Sceptile are potential Mega Evolutions you can run on this team. By the way, since you're playing VGC 16 and not Battle Spot Doubles, why not use two legendaries since they're allowed?
(May 1, 2016, 07:28 AM)Marcusube Wrote: Kangaskhan, Mawile and Sceptile are potential Mega Evolutions you can run on this team. By the way, since you're playing VGC 16 and not Battle Spot Doubles, why not use two legendaries since they're allowed?
​​​​​​

What legendaries do you have in mind and what should I switch it out for? I bet Im gonna need one of the primal legendaries dont I.
Primal Groudon and Yveltal would work well here and you can drop Thundurus-T for Thundurus-I and run Thunderbolt, Taunt, Hidden Power Ground/Ice and Thunder Wave
(May 1, 2016, 12:06 PM)Marcusube Wrote: Primal Groudon and Yveltal would work well here and you can drop Thundurus-T for Thundurus-I and run Thunderbolt, Taunt, Hidden Power Ground/Ice and Thunder Wave

Who do I drop tho, I know that both Primal G and Yveltal would benefit this team greatly but I just dont know who to switch them in with :/ I feel like suicune and Terrakio are both good choices and that thundurus is an all right pick. Can you please tell me who to throw out?
Drop Suicune and Terrakion