Share:    Facebook Facebook Reddit

[RATE MY TEAM] RMT I'm in a tournament Saturday!
Hello everyone! As you could probably tell by the title, I'm registered in a huge OU tournament this weekend! I've been competitively battling for several years now, and I'm just about comfortable with the ORAS meta game. I am looking for some final advice at the moment! Please feel free to criticize, compliment, and offer new ideas that you think will be necessary!

Without further ado, here is the team!

[Image: sableye_by_jrcook-d61ze6o.jpg]
Sableye @ Leftovers
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpD / 4 Spe
Careful Nature
- Recover
- Will-O-Wisp
- Taunt
- Knock Off

Prankster Sableye is incredibly useful in its ability to completely screw up the plans of opponents. That being said, it can function as a lead, a counter, a disruption, or an anti-lead. I often send it out first knowing that 9 out of ten people get their hazards up at the start of the battle. Prankster Taunt completely says no to that. Most Stealth Rock users are physically oriented, so when they stay in for the attack next turn, Prankster Will-O-Wisp will cause it to do a meager amount of damage. Throwing in a Prankster Recover every few turns usually makes the foe switch out (while replenishing Taunt when it runs out.) Once I'm at a comfortable health level, I can easily use Knock Off to deal a solid amount of damage between that and the burn damage. Now I know that not all people will beat a dead horse by leaving a physical attacker in against this little guy, so I'm quite proficient at nailing the special based Pokemon on the switch with the knock off as well. This also leads into the EV Spread. Will-O-Wisp essentially doubles the defense stat of not only Sableye, but to ALL the other Pokemon on my team if the burned attacker is still in (I will explain how important this is for the other Pokemon when I analyze them.) So Burning the physical attackers allows me to fully invest in Special bulk. As a side note, the last 4 speed EV's are super important. This lets me out-speed other Sableye, which would ironically wall each other. Overall, prankster Will-O-Wisp is a priceless combination; stopping physical sweepers cold and nullifying the pokemon completely.

[Image: mega_charizard_y_by_kumata-d6l3ojy.png]

Charizard @ Charizardite Y
Ability: Blaze
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Fire Blast
- Solar Beam
- Focus Blast
- Dragon Pulse

Mega Charizard Y is absolutely terrifying. Base 159 Special Attack gives it the power to punch holes through almost all of the meta-game. A 120 base power STAB Fire Blast coming off this base 159 Special Attack is pretty extreme... Oh wait, IT HAS DROUGHT! Drought is the icing on the cake for Mega Charizard Y. In addition to making Fire Blast insanely more powerful, it grants it access to instant Solar Beams, which annihilate water types, ground types, and rock types (three of Mega Charizard Y's threats.) I honestly feel fine switching into water type attacks at times. After the nerfed water attack thanks to the sun, Mega Charizard Y can usually out-speed the opposing Pokemon and KO with solar beam.  The last two moves are for coverage. Focus blast checks Pokemon like Tyranitar, while Dragon Pulse prevents Latias and other bulky dragons from walling it. Max speed investment is essential for Mega Charizard Y, since it's job is to destroy other Pokemon in one (if not, two) efficient hits, without taking damage from fully invested Pokemon of lower speed tiers.  Mega Charizard Y is my special hyper offensive Pokemon, and it fits the role well in my opinion. It even enjoys the burn status that my Sableye spreads, which makes base 78 defense workable.

[Image: heatran.jpg]

Heatran @ Leftovers
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpA / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- Lava Plume
- Toxic
- Roar
- Stealth Rock

Heatran serves as an important utility special wall on my team. While taking special hits like a champ, Heatran can easily set up rocks and toxic other Pokemon either directly, or on the switches it usually causes. Lava Plume is a nifty tool for Heatran. A thirty percent burn chance is always welcomed! Heatran was chosen as my Special Wall because it still has an offensive presence. I was never a fan of Blissey or Chansey because they lack the ability to fight back. Roar was just recently added. I took this option over Earth Power because I realized that my team could benefit from a way to expel special attackers that have set up (like volcarona or Calm Mind users.) Heatran is a great partner for multiple Pokemon on my team, like  Sableye for example because it laughs at any fairy attacks. Overall, a max special defense heatran is pretty hard to break through outside of ground attacks, but the other Pokemon on my team can handle those!

[Image: 05-12-12-terrakion.jpg]

Terrakion @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Justified
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Close Combat
- Stone Edge
- Earthquake
- X-Scissor

Terrakion was, is, and always will be a threat to just about anything. Equipped with a choice Scarf and base 108 Speed, Terrakion can out-speed common +1 Pokemon like dragon dance users, Volcarona, and many other Pokemon that are only viable with a choice scarf. Its two STAB moves are high in base power, letting it 2HKO most of the metagame. Everyone knows what Terrakion can do, but often times opponents have few answers to this beast. Overall it functions as my revenge killer, and it saves my butt at times by out-speeding those +1 Sweepers. Raw power at its finest!

[Image: cloyster_by_ameri_linel-d6yd3bh.png]

Cloyster @ Focus Sash
Ability: Skill Link
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Naughty Nature
- Icicle Spear
- Rock Blast
- Hydro Pump
- Shell Smash

I don't care what anyone says... Cloyster is one of the best sweepers in the game! I primarily use Cloyster late-game to put the nail in the opponent's coffin. By the time Cloyster comes in, I have usually eliminated opposing Priority users and physical walls like Ferrothorn, Metagross, Rotom W, etc. If those checks are gone, what can stop this thing? The correct answer is nothing. Hydro Pump isn't seen as often, but I find it extremely valuable. It opens up more possibilities by giving Cloyster an option to hit physically defensive Pokemon. Normally Things like Skarmory, Bisharp, Conkeldurr, opposing Cloyster, etc. could survive a hit and KO back or phase it out. Hydro Pump packs enough power (after 2x Special Attack and STAB is applied to the 110 base power after the shell smash) to clean up these Pokemon, usually hitting harder than the other physical moves. Many people don't expect it at all! Also, Hydro Pump allows Cloyster to still be usable after a burn! Maxing out Speed and Attack is obvious here. Also, a naughty nature is used because Cloyster has awful Special Defense. Having the Naughty nature lower the Special Defense makes no difference, since the sash is going to activate off of just about any special hit. Overall, Cloyster strikes fear into you when you realize you don't have a priority move to check it. It has actually earned me a win when down by 4 to 1 several times, so it just goes to show the potential of this Pokemon! If only it got Water Shuriken...

[Image: latias__2011_challenge_by_ryuukiba-d372eez.jpg]

Latias @ Leftovers
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 248 HP / 228 Def / 16 SpD / 16 Spe
Bold Nature
- Defog
- Draco Meteor
- Recover
- Psyshock

Latias functions as a bulky Defogger that can pack a decent punch as well. The moves appear to be normal for a Defog Latias, but yall might be wondering what's the motive behind the EV Spread and the Nature. With the Bold Nature, 228 Defense EV's, and 16 Special Defense EV's, both of the defensive stats end up being 300 on the dot. This allows Latias to boost its defense while keeping its natural special bulk. 16 Speed EV's are used to out-speed Base 80 Neutral nature Pokemon that run 252 Speed EV's. Notable Pokemon that Latias barely out-speeds with this spread are Dragonite, Mamoswine, Medicham before mega evolution, Mandibuzz, and Mega Venusaur (I know the last two don't invest in speed usually.) All of these Pokemon are threats to Latias, so the out-speed is crucial here. Latias is one of the best Defoggers in the game, something that my team really benefits from. Also, Latias LOVES when Sableye burns things to make it even bulkier! Latias does have a decent amount of weaknesses, but the rest of my team gives Latias the ability to switch out of them with ease. Latias' weaknesses are Bug, Dark, Fairy, Dragon, Ghost, and Ice. Heatran resists the Bug, Fairy, Dragon, and Ice. Terrakion will get an attack boost from Dark moves thanks to its ability, and Ghost isn't too common outside of ghost Pokemon that use it as STAB. I didn't plan my team like this, it just happened to be so!

*** For a while I was using Bold Defog Zapdos with Thunderbolt, HP Ice, and roost, but then I realized that Latias was bulkier and could fit my team better. Do you guys think I made the right choice??

So yep, that's my OU team! I'm pretty proud of it! But I'm Completely open to advice and criticism. Please let me know what you think! I put a lot of effort into explaining the team so yall could see how it works! Thank you, this will help me for the tournament a whole ton! :D
I think most of us here play VGC primarily, but someone might come along that can help. A suggestion though resize your pictures when you put them in a thread. it might make people feel too overwhelmed to scroll through the whole team.
Follow us on Twitter @_pokemonforever
Learn about us on our Welcome Page
Watch us play games on Twitch.tv
Do not fear, Rogue is here! Gimmie a second to look over your team, I got you. I love seeing some OU players. [:

EDIT: Do not fear, Wallace and my sister are here! Nothing else to really say from what they said. Don't get discouraged however, they're judging it from a tournament standard and are trying to help. c:
50 thousand people used to live here...Now it's a ghost town.
Two very common threats in OU destroy your team and synergize through your threats to them, these being Landorus-T and Conkeldurr. You need a more well rounded team You have no real defensive stop, and any player worth a tournament spot will pick your team apart because of these reasons.
Furthermore, any set up fairy type ends this team, the only resist you have to fairies is Heatran, and you don't even have Flash Cannon, I know picking pokemon you like is the "go-to" thing, but you have to understand proper team building if you even dream of doing well in tournaments.