Share:    Facebook Facebook Reddit

[RATE MY TEAM] Tips on my VGC 15 Team
Howdy everyone. Finally nailing some ideas down about my competitive VGC 15 team and wanted a little input on my team. So far I have;

M-Swampert - Mega/Swift Swimmer
Politoed - Drizzler
Togekiss - Follow me support
Bisharp - All out attacker

As you can see I'm going with a rain team but a little different. Hoping to throw some people off who are used to basic rain teams with Ludicolo. Needed a follow me user to protect against grass and electric. Had considered Pachirisu as well as he could absorb the electric attacks and possibly Thunder which would be 100% accurate in rain but was recommended Togekiss instead. Bisharp I just like and could use a good attacker possibly with Life Orb or Assault Vest.

I was hoping I could get some pointers on filling out the rest of my team or maybe something I missed about this setup. I had considered also Ferrothorn and Suicune but I feel like that would be too many steel and water respectively. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
I think when people see politoed and mega swampert they instantly know it's a rain team, if you can show us the move Set of the pokemon you currently have we can give you a more indept analysis Smile
~Visit PokemonForever's Twitter Page~
Ha! You've underestimated my stupidity.
~Virtual Polygon Duck of Team Forum~
Haven't really decided for sure on the moves yet. Wanted to knock out a list first before I start building. By surprise I meant more most people expect Ludicolo but don't expect Mega Swampert I guess. It'll be easily noticeable as a rain team for sure. I would assume most of them will be a standard setup.

Swampert would probably have Waterfall, EQ, Protect.

Politoed would probably be the usual setup.

Bisharp I'm thinking Life Orb or Assault Vest. Either way it'd be Knock Off, Iron Head, Sucker Punch, and either Protect or another attack move if Assault Vest.

Togekiss would be your support setup like Follow Me, Protect, Dazzling Gleam, and most likely T-Wave or Roost maybe.

That's just my general ideas so far. Subject to change I guess.
With bisharp definatly run protect and either life orb or focus sash. And with that togekiss there is no reason why you SHOULDN'T run air slash.
Also might I suggest some form of speed control in the form of either tailwind or icy wind. Togekiss is a pretty good tailwind setter and there are a few good choices for icy wind but with most of them being water types I wouldn't want your team to be even worse at electric type match ups so I would suggest gengar for icy wind. He would be a great addition to your team synergy since he can switch in when you use an earthquake for that levitate ability, or switch in on a kangaskahn or terrakion threatening your bisharp with a 4x effective fighting move.
I was thinking too Hurricane or Thunder might be a good choice on Togekiss as the rain would make it 100% accurate.

Edit; Excuse me Togekiss can't learn either so someone else would have to use them. Possibly Dragonite as he can learn both.
So far I'm liking the suggestions. This setup sounds good to me;

M-Swampert
Politoed
Togekiss/Amoongus - Not sure which one sounds better. Togekiss would make 3 electric weaknesses while Amoongus would protect against electric and grass. They wouldn't send out a fire against him either because they'd just get doused.
Bisharp
Gengar

Looking for that sixth slot though to complement it all. Maybe Rotom or a second Mega like Manectric?
On a rain team you will need a way to beat grass types. Its hard to give advise without the moves, nature, and ev's of the Pokemon listed.
#TeamForum

Where do you see 3 electric weaknesses? Swampert is ground so has immunity.. A good counter to add to balance out the grass weakness with so much water would be a good flying/fire type such as talonflame. Brave bird, flare blitz. And can also tailwind and taunt if needed.
M-Swampert - Swampertite, Adamant, 252 HP 252 Atk 4 Def
Waterfall
Earthquake
Protect
Ice Beam/Ice Punch

Politoed - Damp Rock, Drizzle, Calm, 252 HP 236 Def 20 SpD
Scald
Ice Beam
Protect
Encore

Amoonguss - Rocky Helmet, Effect Spore, Calm, 252 HP, 180 Def, 76 SpD
Spore
Rage Powder
Giga Drain
Protect

Bisharp - Assault Vest, Defiant, Adamant, 192 HP 220 Atk 96 Spe
Knock Off
Iron Head
Sucker Punch
Pursuit

Gengar - Life Orb, Levitate, Timid, 252 SpA 4 SpD 252 Spe
Thunder
Sludge Wave
Focus Blast
Icy Wind

Just a tentative list to give a better idea of what I was thinking. Could be completely wrong on the setup. Never really built a team before.