Share:    Facebook Facebook Reddit

[RATE MY TEAM] VGC 17 Offensive Team
Here is my current VGC 17 team which I've done decently well with.  It's a very offensive based and since I've started keeping track of my record I'm 10-3 in battle spot doubles.

The Team

Porygon-Z
Nature: Modest
Ability: Adaptability
Item: Normalium Z
EVs: 252 Sp Atk, 252 Spe, 4 HP
IVs: Perfect
Moves:
Hyper Beam
Tri Attack
Ice Beam
Thunderbolt

Porygon Z is the special power house of this team Z Hyper Beam with adaptability can OHKO most Pokemon I've seen.  Tri Attack is a good STAB attack for when hyper beam isn't a good move to use.  Ice beam and thunderbolt are two good move to take care of Garchomp, Salamence, and Dragonite, and thunderbolt is good for some of the water and flying types.

Kartana
Nature: Adamant
Ability: Beast boost
Item: Focus Sash
EVs: 252 Atk, 252 Spe, 4 HP
Moves:
Leaf Blade
Smart Strike
Protect
Sacred Sword

Kartana is a pretty common Pokemon it seems and mine is based all for offense.  Leaf Blade and Smart Strike and two poweful STABs for Kartana. It holds a focus sash to extend it's survivability.  Protect is there to, well, protect for a turn if needed.  Sacred sword helps to get rid of steel and dark types.

Flareon
Ability: Guts
Item: Life Orb
EVs: 252 Atk, 252 Def, 4 HP
Moves:
Flare Blitz
Quick Attack
Will-o-wisp
Protect

Flareon is one of the most powerful offensive fire types in the format.  The main concern I have is the EV spread.  I don't know whether to buff it's lack luster defense, good special defense, or increase it's speed.  Life Ord Flare Blitz is capable of taking out most steel, grass, and ice types ive come across.  Flareon is my main defense against pesky Kartana and Celesteela.  Quick attack is for speed priority if I just need a little damage. I went with guts ability because if someone decides to inflict a status ailment Flareon will be able to OHKO most pokemon in general with flare blitz.

Araquanid
Ability: Water Bubble
Item: Choice Scarf
EVs: 252 Atk, 252 Def, 4 HP
Moves:
Liquidation
Leech Life
Stockpile
Crunch

Unlike a lot of Araquanid, mine is very offensive.  The moveset really doesn't matter much because of the choice scarf.  Scarfed Liquidation can take out a lot of fire, rock, and ground types I come across.  Araquanid is very useful dealing with Alolan Marowak.  It has decent defensie capabilities.

Magneton
Nature: Modest
Ability: Magnet Pull
Item: Eviolite
EVs: 252 Sp Atk, 252 Spe, 4 HP
Moves:
Flash Cannon
Thunderbolt
Discharge
Protect

I chose Magneton because it had a really good Sp Atk stat, decently fast, and the eviolite helps with it's defenses.  I need an electric type to help vary my typing.  Thunderbolt and Flash cannon are two good STABs.  Not sure whether it's better to have magnet pull to trap steel type or sturdy to have a little more lasting power against Alolan Marowak and other strong fire and ground types.

Kangaskhan
Ability: Inner Focus
Item: Assualt Vest
EVs: 252 Atk, 252 Def, 4 Sp Def
Moves:
Fake Out
Double Edge
Sucker Punch
Brick Break

Kangaskhan is my fake out/ sucker punch user to gain speed priority. Double Edge is a good STAB move and brick break is to take care of steel and rock types which normal type moves can't beat well.

Some of the weaknesses of this team is some ghost types like mimikyu and Alolan Marowak.  Also, trick room teams can be a problem, but if I fake out the trick room user I can usually KO thier partner turn 1 and then the setter on turn 2.  Also, faster hyper offensive teams like Garhcomp/Tapu Koko can be problems.  Fighting free because I have no flying or psychic users. 

Any advice on this team would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!