Share:    Facebook Facebook Reddit

[REQUEST] Needing help with my trick room team
Hello, and this is my first rmt/request on this site. It's been a while since I've done one of these, but I will do my best to defend the mons I've chosen for this.

I hope that in posting my team comp, I can better find new ways to fill in my weaknesses better in the VGC Double Battles format  The only pokemon I'm adamant in keeping to my team is Aromatisse, and Kecleon. they are some of my favorite mons of this generation and I can't help but enjoy their synergy, the rest of the team can change around to better help them if able as that would be most ideal for what I'm aiming for.

I do not have a dedicated 6th mon for my team, as I can't seem to round out teams well. It feels everytime I splash someone into the last slot, it just adds more issues I was trying to cover up beforehand.

Strengths:
  • Very easy to set up trick room
  • Little Care for intimidation Drops
  • Deceptively tanky team can lead me to niche Ko's
  • Nearly taunt/encore proof.
  • As it is now, very little weakness to electric

Weakness:
  • Swagger can go badly if I use it before I set up trick room.
  • Mega has a hard time finishing off anyone
  • Struggles against attack redirection, Flying and Fairy types
  • Feels like the team has to be better equipped to protect the mega than it is now.
  • Gastrodon has a struggle dealing with anything really. if it doesn't get set up with toxic, or get a water boost, it usually stays alive as my opponent wipes out everyone else on my team one by one.

So here is my Trick room Team I've been working with the last couple of years.

[Image: 683.png]
Aromatisse @ Babiri Berry  
Ability: Aroma Veil  
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpA  
Relaxed Nature  
IVs: 0 Spe  
- Trick Room  
- Dazzling Gleam  
- Protect  
- Helping Hand/Swagger

Main Role: Lead Trick Room Setter/Support

I really love This pokemon, with Aroma Veil I rarely have to ever worry about being taunted so long as Aromatisse is on the field. This nearly ensures a perfect trick room set up unless I'm afflicted with status or flinch. I know alot of people run either a lum berry or Safety goggles on theirs, but I find baribi berry to be a better option as it can also lead to you getting set up when your opponent Tries to ohko you with a steel type move. With full investments in defense and hp, you can take even massive hits from mega khangaskhan to landourus so lon as I protect to dodge the initial fake out. Dazzling gleam is in their to help try to score some ko's when the opponent is low/scare off mons who are weak to fairy types. It's not the best move, as it usually only takes a quarter of their hp each time, But I couldn't find a good support move to replace it with.

Defensive Calculations

252 Atk Parental Bond Mega Kangaskhan Double-Edge vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Aromatisse: 253-298 (62.3 - 73.3%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

Landorus-T (Doubles Physical Attacker) Earthquake 31.2 - 37.1% 79.1% chance to 3HKO

252 Atk Tough Claws Mega Metagross Meteor Mash vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Babiri Berry Aromatisse: 187-222 (46 - 54.6%) -- 59% chance to
2HKO

252+ Atk Huge Power Mega Mawile Iron Head vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Babiri Berry Aromatisse: 219-258 (53.9 - 63.5%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

Bisharp (Doubles All-Out Attacker) Iron Head 39.6 - 47% guaranteed 3HKO

252+ SpA Heatran Flash Cannon vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Babiri Berry Aromatisse: 159-187 (39.1 - 46%) -- guaranteed 3HKO

[Image: latest?cb=20150201052353]
Kecleon (M) @ Sitrus Berry 
Ability: Protean  
EVs: 240 HP / 240 Def / 28 Sp  def
Brave Nature  
- Foul Play  
- Shadow Sneak  
- Drain Punch  
- Trick Room/Feint/Fake Out

Main Role: Tanky Sweeper

This pokemon is my go to partner in crime when I start most battles alongside Aromatisse. His move sets compliment hers as With the Protean Ability gives all these wonderful move STAB. Foul Play lets me lead safely against intimidation leads as so long as kecleon isn't burnt, he doesn't care about the attack stat drop. If i suspect a fighting/normal attack incoming, I can safely shadow sneak and dodge the blow as most opponents have a hard time reading the lizard. Drain punch helps take out the Steel types like bisharp or recover some hp against kangaskhan that cause Aromatisse grief. As for the last move, I really have a hard time deciding on which is best.

Having the extra trick room means if my opponent tries to stall out my last turn in TR, I can spam it on both aromatisse/kecleon to turn the room back off and on again, essentially restarting the 5 turns. Feint is a great way to break protection leads, and helps me deal with sucker punch issues if my opponent is faster while being a ghost type due to protean (+2 priority). Fake out support is also good, but doesn't do me much good against most fake out pokemon as they are usually faster.

With swagger Boosts

+2 0+ Atk Protean Kecleon Foul Play vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Mega Kangaskhan: 301-355 (85.7 - 101.1%) -- 12.5% chance to OHKO

+2 0 Atk Protean Kecleon Foul Play vs. 4 HP / 0 Def Landorus-T: 211-249 (127.8 - 150.9%) -- guaranteed OHKO

+2 0 Atk Protean Kecleon Foul Play vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Thundurus: 144-169 (93.5 - 109.7%) -- 56.3% chance to OHKO

Without Swagger Boosts

0+ Atk Protean Kecleon Drain Punch vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Mega Kangaskhan: 164-194 (46.7 - 55.2%) -- 66.4% chance to 2HKO

0 Atk Protean Kecleon Foul Play vs. 184 HP / 0 Def Landorus-T: 105-124 (56.1 - 66.3%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

0 Atk Protean Kecleon Foul Play vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Thundurus: 72-85 (46.7 - 55.1%) -- 70.7% chance to 2HKO

[Image: Meowstic_XY.gif]
Meowstic @ Mental Herb  
Ability: Prankster  
EVs: 240 HP / 172 Def / 96 SpD  
Bold Nature  
- Psychic  
- Quick Guard  
- Swagger  
- Gravity

Main Role: Additional Lead/Support

Another lead if aromatisse can't handle the situations. brings quick gaurd to help get the trick room set up and avoid fake outs, Swagger is there for distruption, and helps kecleon sweep with foul play. Gravity is the last attack as it helps catch my opponent off guard with my major ground damaging attacks from gastrodon/camurput. (plus, perfect accuracy heat waves, whats not to love.

[Image: camerupt-mega.gif]

Camerupt @ Cameruptite
Ability: Solid Rock
Level: 50
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpA
Quiet Nature
IVs: 30 Atk / 30 Def
- Earth Power
- Heat Wave
- Protect
- Ancient Power

Main Role:Mega/Sweeper

I added him cause I heard he was an effective Steel type counter, wiped the floor with mawhile. The only issue I seem to have with him is it feels like most teams have a counter to fire types and ground type on their team. "scalamence, garchomp, and the genie pokemons oh my~" I've tried hidden power ice, but it doesn't seem to stop those pokemon as well as I'd hoped.

[Image: 423F.gif]
Gastrodon @ Leftovers  
Ability: Storm Drain  
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD  
Relaxed Nature  
- Earth Power  
- Ice Beam  
- Toxic  
- Recover

Main Role:To suck up water and be tanky

I know that's kind of a weird description, but I can't seem to get this pokemon to work properly as I hoped. All it seems to do when I use him is keep Camurupt Safe, and that's not much considering my opponents usually swap in a grass type to wipe him out before camurupt can do much. When I do get it to work, it can take down tanks like cresselia with toxic and heal with recover.

I know the last few mons have less descriptions than the first two, but I just really wanted to show the main two Pokemon I want to keep as a staple against everything else. I've tried nearly all I can think of as of late, and is getting a bit burned out on my thought processes. Next plan was to make the team more so ready to abuse swagger and foul play as well, but I still haven't looked into newer mons to better accommodate my idea yet. Any help would be greatly appreciated. and thank you for your time as well.
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/battle...-236623114

Just a replay on how well I can get kecleon to work at times.