Share:    Facebook Facebook Reddit

[VGC] Azumarill drumming, Gardevoir singing, and Amoonguss swings to the blues
Yes, the title is what you expect. Trick room Mega-Gardevoir, with redirection support from amoonguss and Belly Drum Azumarill.

At first the team was not a Mega-Gardevoir team, but a Mega-Salamence team.

Without further a due, here is the team.
[Image: gardevoir-mega.jpg]
Gardevoir ->Mega-Gardevoir @ Gardevoirite
Ability: Trace -> Pixilate
Level: 50
EVs: 220 HP / 140 Def / 116 SpA / 12 SpD / 20 Spe
Modest Nature
- Protect
- Trick Room
- Hyper Voice
- Psychic

Summary:Like I said early this was original a Dragon Dance Mega-Salamence. The reason I changed it was, Salamence was not working in the mega slot on the team. I realized that most of my team was slow and I would almost auto lose to a Salamence team with the Dragon Dance Mega-Salamence. Mega-Gardevoir with Trick Room fixed these problems.

Ev Spread: I like the idea from Ray Rizzo except his Mega-Gardevoir is bold. I thought that was dumb. Modest 116evs puts Mega-Gardevoir with 2 special atk points from 8evs which is called the "Bump". 20evs outspeeds Adamant Bisharp after mega evolving.

The Defenses came from these 3 calcs:
252+ Atk Choice Band Talonflame Brave Bird vs. 220 HP / 140 Def Mega Gardevoir: 144-171 (84.2 - 100%) -- 6.3% chance to OHKO (Good chance of surviving Talonflame Brave Bird)
252 SpA Mega Gengar Sludge Bomb vs. 220 HP / 12 SpD Mega Gardevoir: 144-170 (84.2 - 99.4%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
-1 252+ Atk Parental Bond Mega Kangaskhan Double-Edge vs. 220 HP / 140 Def Mega Gardevoir: 128-154 (74.8 - 90%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

PS: Mega-Gardevoir is really good and Trace is secretly OP. I made this team before Pokemon US Nationals so I didn't get the idea from that.

[Image: 250px-560Scrafty.png]
Scrafty @ Lum Berry
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 244 HP / 156 Atk / 12 Def / 92 SpD / 4 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Fake Out
- Super Fang
- Drain Punch
- Knock Off

Summary: Scrafty is the best pokemon - Wolfe Glick. If that is a good enough explanation continue to the next pokemon.

The team started with Dragon Dance Mega-Salamence and Scrafty was the Fake Out user. Scrafty could deal with Cresselia better than any other Fake Out user beside Weavile or Raichu. Scrafty's Fake Out pressure allow me to predict double Protect plays and set up Trick Room with Mega-Gardevoir or a Belly Drum with Azumarill. Scrafty is probably the bulkiest Fake Out user, you should give it a try. Lum Berry comes in clutch, wasting a Will-o-Wisp or a Spore.

Ev Spread: The idea was to OHKO a Terrakion after a Close Combat drop. So I went adamant instead of brave to outspeed other Scrafty which allowed it to outspeed Azumarill so I can Super Fang and Play Rough a Cresselia or something bulky.

The Calcs are here:
-1 252 Atk Terrakion Close Combat vs. 244 HP / 12 Def Scrafty: 120-144 (70.1 - 84.2%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
156+ Atk Scrafty Drain Punch vs. -1 4 HP / 0 Def Terrakion: 168-198 (100.5 - 118.5%) -- guaranteed OHKO
252+ Atk Parental Bond Mega Kangaskhan Double-Edge vs. 244 HP / 12 Def Scrafty: 145-172 (84.7 - 100.5%) -- 1.2% chance to OHKO
-1 252+ Atk Choice Band Talonflame Brave Bird vs. 244 HP / 12 Def Scrafty: 144-170 (84.2 - 99.4%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252+ SpA Choice Specs Hydreigon Draco Meteor vs. 244 HP / 92 SpD Scrafty: 145-172 (84.7 - 100.5%) -- 6.3% chance to OHKO

[Image: 250px-591Amoonguss.png]
Amoonguss @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 188 HP / 164 Def / 156 SpD
Sassy Nature
IVs: 28 Spe
- Rage Powder
- Spore
- Giga Drain
- Protect

Summary: Oh boy this pokemon. Amoonguss is great in trick room and its synergy with Azumarill and Mega-Gardevoir is great. Amoonguss can Rage Powder away and "protect" this teams sweepers. Amoonguss is all about that Spore, about that Spore, no trouble. Originally it was supposed to help with bulky water types that Mega-Salamence always has such a hard time beating team.

Ev Spread:It was stolen from Alec Rubin's 3rd place Virgina Regionals Team. Thanks amr97.
Special tank amoonguss is clutch.

Calcs:
252Hp and 252def Relaxed Amoonguss
252 SpA Mega Gardevoir Psychic vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Amoonguss: 218-260 (98.6 - 117.6%) -- 93.8% chance to OHKO
188Hp and 156 Sassy Amoonguss
252 SpA Mega Gardevoir Psychic vs. 188 HP / 156+ SpD Amoonguss: 168-200 (78.8 - 93.8%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

[Image: 250px-184Azumarill.png]
Azumarill @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Huge Power
EVs: 196 HP / 252 Atk / 20 Def / 12 SpD / 28 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Belly Drum
- Play Rough
- Aqua Jet
- Protect

Summary: Azumarill + Salamence came from the Japan Sand team that a lot of people should know about it. I liked the fact that I could have another sweeper besides Dragon Dance Salamence. Azumarill hits hard after a belly drum and most of the pokemon that seem to beat this team are destroyed such as Landorus-T, Heatran, and Thundurus-I.

Ev Spread:This spread was also stolen from Alec Rubin's 3rd place Virgina Regionals Team Thanks amr97 once again.
Max Atk with an even Hp number so Sitrus Berry can activate. Rest in speed and defenses.

Calcs:
+6 Azumarill does lot so there.

[Image: XIRXTgL.png]
Rotom-Heat @ Life Orb
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
Ivs:30atk / 30def
- Protect
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Thunderbolt
- Overheat

Summary: Rotom-Heat with Life Orb does so much damage. This pokemon pretty much supports the core by taking on Talonflame, Salamence, Aegislash, and Amoonguss. It also takes on bulky waters types and most bulky electric types.

Ev Spread: Not much to say. Do as much damage as possible and outspeed Breloom.

[Image: 250px-681Aegislash.png]
Aegislash @ Safety Goggles
Ability: Stance Change
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 236 SpA / 4 SpD / 12 Spe
Modest Nature
- King's Shield
- Wide Guard
- Shadow Ball
- Flash Cannon

Summary: Safety Goggles needs to be on every trick room team, in my opinion. Amoonguss is such a problem for Trick Room teams. Aegislash has access to Wide Guard which helps keep Azumarill around and has good synergy with Scrafty, Rotom-Heat and Amoonguss.

Ev Spread: The Spread is for Life Orb Aegislash. Oops. It still worked since Aegislash's job was to take on threats and survive hits. It outspeeds 4evs in speed Aegislash. 236 Special Attack evs hits the "bump".

Thanks for reading :D
Here is to all the Kappa that should of been placed. Kappa Kappa Kappa Kappa Kappa
I must ask, why are you using Mega Gardevoir, when Sylveon is better in Trick Room?
(Jul 23, 2015, 07:06 PM)Delta Wrote: I must ask, why are you using Mega Gardevoir, when Sylveon is better in Trick Room?

Besides more offensive capabilities and being able to set up the trick room, it can work well outside of trick room and is being used in a lot of high level play currently. I wasnt really convinced until its usage in the U.S. spiked.