Share:    Facebook Facebook Reddit

[RATE MY TEAM] White Lightning (VGC 2016)
So I've been testing out some teams and have found decent success with the following. I wanted to use Kyurem-White for a few reasons: I've never really used him before, his has an incredible base special attack, along with the fact that he gets good move coverage. I have a few concerns with the current team as it stands, however. First, my EV spreads are basic. A lot of that has to do with the fact that the Metagame is still pretty new and it's hard to get a gauge on optimal EV spreads. There are some of you on here though that are great at coming up with excellent EV spreads so that's why I'm turning to you guys. Secondly, I haven't used Ferrothorn and Landorus that much. I tend to bring Kyurem-W, Kyogre, Kangaskhan, and Crobat to every match so I'm wondering if there's two better options.

Kyurem-White @ Choice Scarf  
Ability: Turboblaze  
Level: 50  
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe  
Modest Nature  
- Draco Meteor  
- Ice Beam  
- Fusion Flare  
- Earth Power  

I was originally using a Life Orb set with Protect instead of Fusion Flare. I realized that Kyurem-W's goal is to cause as much damage as possible so Choice Scarf lets it out speed a lot of opponents while launching off incredibly powerful attacks.

Kyogre @ Blue Orb  
Ability: Drizzle  
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpA / 4 SpD  
Modest Nature  
- Origin Pulse  
- Ice Beam  
- Thunder  
- Protect

Pretty standard Kyogre set. I'm not going to go into too much detail here. I feel like every VGC team needs either Kyogre, Groudon, or both so I went with Kyogre because Kyurem has Fusion Flare and Earth Power.

Kangaskhan @ Kangaskhanite  
Ability: Scrappy  
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe  
Jolly Nature  
- Fake Out  
- Double-Edge  
- Low Kick  
- Sucker Punch  

Token Mega choice.

Crobat @ Lum Berry  
Ability: Inner Focus  
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpD / 252 Spe  
Jolly Nature  
- Super Fang  
- Quick Guard  
- Tailwind  
- Taunt

Great utility Pokémon. Quick Guard stops Fake Out, Pranksters, Talonflame's Brave Bird, etc. Tailwind gives me speed control, Taunt stops Pokémon from setting up, and Super Fang weakens Pokémon to get KO'd by Kyurem and Kyogre. My only complaint here is that is Crobat is my last Pokemon then I'm screwed because Super Fang can't knock anything out.

Ferrothorn @ Leftovers  
Ability: Iron Barbs  
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD  
Brave Nature  
IVs: 0 Spe  
- Gyro Ball  
- Power Whip  
- Leech Seed  
- Protect  

Ferrothron covers up some of my teams weaknesses. It checks opposing Kyogre, Xerneas, etc. Kyogre covers it's Fire weakness which is a nice combo.

Landorus-Therian (M) @ Assault Vest  
Ability: Intimidate  
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe  
Adamant Nature  
- Earthquake  
- Rock Slide  
- Superpower  
- U-turn

Lando takes out Groudon and Talonflame, among others. U-Turn is nice when my opponent brings Groudon on the field and I can swap out for Kyogre.
Did you just take the top suggestion for each of those Pokemon on smogon kappa
Formerly Sir Absol

Genning/Powersave Expert            #SylveonIsOP
(Feb 9, 2016, 06:36 PM)Sir Absol Wrote: Did you just take the top suggestion for each of those Pokemon on smogon kappa

No Kappa
It seems like an issue if Kyurem is choiced into Fusion Flare and the rain gets set up. I generally prefer the LO set with it being able to snipe any legendary outside of the Kalos ones, M-Ray, Palkia and Mega Ka...oh wait forget that last one Kappa. The scarf set should be able to function just fine though

You would get more out of using a max speed Primal Kyogre with Water Spout, Origin Pulse, Ice Beam and Protect. You really only need Thunder for Kyogre mirrors but you have Ferrothorn and Kangaskhan for that alongside Crobat. Tailwind + Water Spout + Super Fang is a strong combination in this metagame.

Kang is Kang pretty much

I suggest running Focus Sash on Crobat over Lum Berry just in case of an OHKOing move happening to take it out before it can Tailwind.

Ferro is Ferro

I'd honestly use Cresselia or Liepard here instead of Landorus-T. Cresselia can provide support with Thunder Wave, Skill Swap and Helping Hand and it also possess huge bulk and a means of recovery. Liepard can Encore opponents into a move they don't want to be locked into, use Fake Out to give Kyogre a free Origin Pulse or Kangaskhan a free Double Edge and Foul Play does a huge chunk to everything in this meta
[Insert signature here]