Share:    Facebook Facebook Reddit

[REQUEST] Anyone know this setup?
Exclamation 
Hiya everyone!
I was watching this cool video and the setup seemed so awesome and the pokemon all went well with each other.

I was curious to know if anyone knew the setup and builds for the Pokemon the man used? I would love to give it a try it looks like a lot of fun.

Thank you!

Well, the fact that Blastoise did so little damage to the Whimsicott, assuming the blastoise had max sp.atk modest (which I guess it should have, even though regular blastoise isn't the most common of pokemon, especially a non-scarfed variant) the Whimsicott most likely has max HP and sp.def. As for weezing, most likely max HP and a mix between each defensive stat.

The moves revealed are leech seed and moonblast on whimsicott and Infestation, will-o-wisp and stockpile on weezing. Considering this is doubles and the strategy relies on residual damage you can assume each have protect. The weezing has black sludge and although it's not on there, whimsicott really should have leftovers.

But honestly, don't use this strategy. It's shut down far too easily by moves like taunt and strong pokemon which can land a 2HKO or OHKO. Whimsicott is ridiculously frail for this kind of role in doubles (as shown by the fact as if the opponent didn't awfully miss play and dark pulse the weezing turn 2 Whimsicott would have fainted and the gimmick would be over). You will only really find success with these strategies (or anything you find on Verlisify's channel) against less experienced players. Not to hate on the guy, but his strategies often rely on surprise factor, luck or on the opponents lack of experience or lack of a counter. These just aren't things you should be relying on if you intend to win often.

Any way, if you still want to use the strategy, just invest purely in your defences. I doubt the pokemon were EV'd to survive particular attacks, it seems Verlisify just picks random numbers that look good to him and I assume his fans would do the same.
Ask me bout this type of stuff :P
nope this never works, just as for experiment give this a try and find out for yourself, literally in 1/10 matches it may pull you a win. Sorry to use this term but i was testing it in the low ladder and it didn't quite worked well for me. hard set-up sweeps may work in VGC , there is such a vid found on NB' youtube channel *in a competitive tournament), with things like m-sableye, audino, muk and whimsicott.
Hope this helps
(Sep 27, 2015, 01:00 AM)Pokeventurer Wrote: Ask me bout this type of stuff :P
nope this never works, just as for experiment give this a try and find out for yourself, literally in 1/10 matches it may pull you a win. Sorry to use this term but i was testing it in the low ladder and it didn't quite worked well for me. hard set-up sweeps may work in VGC , there is such a vid found on NB' youtube channel *in a competitive tournament), with things like m-sableye, audino, muk and whimsicott.
Hope this helps

I'm interested to see what this strategy is about, mostly because strategies like that often go to timer in a tournament setting. Was it something like minimize Muk with psych up sableye or something?
(Sep 27, 2015, 06:03 AM)RebornFX Wrote:
Hope this helps

I'm interested to see what this strategy is about, mostly because strategies like that often go to timer in a tournament setting. Was it something like minimize Muk with psych up sableye or something?

i think so when i watched the battle, i saw minimize and maybe stockpile muk, muk also had P-u-P, psych up was a must on sableye, audino showed off moves like simple beam, trick room and heal pulse... i think, the only move i got from whimsicott was memento.
this strat was not only set-up sweeps, but also bulk stalling effectively, i met that guy on showdown once and it was quite a fun battle, however my topsy-turvey malamar was his worst nightmare and i won Wink
i'll get u a link to the vid or some more info on that team too.
Hope this helps

sry i wasn't able to get more info on that, and idk why i can't find the video anywhere though :P
i think u are kind of the guy who is interested in using gimmicky strats, i saw a very interesting team that Wolfe Glick ran back in 2013 in NB invitational. it was using delcatty's normalize against any opponents who can then the gegnar, haunter duo walled with gothitelle's shadow tag. this strat works through the perfect execution of the moves skill swap and role play, and abilities shadow tag and normalize.
other info on the team:

Gengar: @ Focus sash, -shadow ball,- role play,- skill swap, pain split.
Haunter: @Eviolite? possibly, -substitute, - pain split, - shadow ball, probably perish song to utilize with goth's perish trap.
Gothitelle: @ ?, - Light screen, - protect, ?, ?  
Delcatty: @ ? , - Fake out, ?, ?, ?
Politoed: @ ? , Scald, Protect, ?, ?
Kingdra: @ Leftovers, - substitute, ?, ?, ?

This is an actual video with the great representation of the normalize gimmick, hope this helps! :

(Sep 28, 2015, 09:42 AM)Pokeventurer Wrote:
Hope this helps

sry i wasn't able to get more info on that, and idk why i can't find the video anywhere though :P
i think u are kind of the guy who is interested in using gimmicky strats, i saw a very interesting team that Wolfe Glick ran back in 2013 in NB invitational. it was using delcatty's normalize against any opponents who can then the gegnar, haunter duo walled with gothitelle's shadow tag. this strat works through the perfect execution of the moves skill swap and role play, and abilities shadow tag and normalize.
other info on the team:

Gengar: @ Focus sash, -shadow ball,- role play,- skill swap, pain split.
Haunter: @Eviolite? possibly, -substitute, - pain split, - shadow ball, probably perish song to utilize with goth's perish trap.
Gothitelle: @ ?, - Light screen, - protect, ?, ?  
Delcatty: @ ? , - Fake out, ?, ?, ?
Politoed: @ ? , Scald, Protect, ?, ?
Kingdra: @ Leftovers, - substitute, ?, ?, ?

This is an actual video with the great representation of the normalize gimmick, hope this helps! :

That strategy is pure filth, I love it haha. Just pray the opponent doesn't have taunt though :/
Wouldn't it work better with cofagrigus though? It has both role play and skill swap, the only thing it doesn't have that gengar does is perish song, which I assume is why he used it.