Share:    Facebook Facebook Reddit

[REQUEST] Hey can someone help me understand what GTS is?
Hello Pokemon Community,
I was hoping if anyone could spare some time to explain what GTS is.
I always see these GTS giveaways but I don't know how to request for a giveaway and I don't know what the person giving away things mean when they say "pokemon deposited". 
If anyone could kindly help it would be muchly appreciated! 
Thank you for reading my message and good luck to you all whether you're catching shinies or your own endeavours.
Hey there. GTS means global trade station, here you can deposit pokemon, and request for a certain pokemon, or you can look for certain pokemon and see what they want for it.

In giveaways the person that is hosting it is asking you to deposit something onto the GTS, and then asking you to put details on it. For example if you deposit a level 27 female donphan and you are requesting a level 100 shiny mewtwo or something, you want to state to the OP what you have put up so it makes it easy to find it.

tl;dr deposit and request pokemon, give details to host of giveaway so they can find your pokemon easier.
(Jul 5, 2016, 03:17 AM)Platinum2183 Wrote: Hey there. GTS means global trade station, here you can deposit pokemon, and request for a certain pokemon, or you can look for certain pokemon and see what they want for it.

In giveaways the person that is hosting it is asking you to deposit something onto the GTS, and then asking you to put details on it. For example if you deposit a level 27 female donphan and you are requesting a level 100 shiny mewtwo or something, you want to state to the OP what you have put up so it makes it easy to find it.

tl;dr deposit and request pokemon, give details to host of giveaway so they can find your pokemon easier. 

Thank you platinum and also! What if you are requesting two pokemon or more? can you deposit up to 2 or more at once?
nope only one at a time if you don't feel like trading it anymore you can always take it back unless it's already been traded
Words i live by - Good Luck and Chance.
(Jul 5, 2016, 03:25 AM)Tameki Wrote:
(Jul 5, 2016, 03:17 AM)Platinum2183 Wrote: Hey there. GTS means global trade station, here you can deposit pokemon, and request for a certain pokemon, or you can look for certain pokemon and see what they want for it.

Thank you platinum and also! What if you are requesting two pokemon or more? can you deposit up to 2 or more at once?

You can only deposit one at a time, requesting a single pokemon. You can also search up for pokemon using the search system and are able to get any pokemon you like!
but a lot of people want absurd trades for pokemon. so sometimes it can be hard to get what you want.