Share:    Facebook Facebook Reddit

Alolan Ninetails Moveset
So I'm pretty new to the forums, and I looked over the rules/guidelines for posting a thread here, but if I did something wrong, or if I could do something better next time I post, that input would really be appreciated.

Anyway, I was wonder trading today for an hour or so, and near the end I got a Alolan Vulpix. I had already bred an alolan vulpix with freeze-dry, so I thought I could send back the one I got, only to realize that it's moves were Freeze Dry, Moonblast, Encore, and Hypnosis, with a Timid nature and 4 perfect IV's (Atk, Def, Spd, Hp). So now I have an alolan vulpix that needs to be hyper trained in Sp. Atk, then it's all ready for competetive. However, after a while, looking up movesets on Smogon and other pokemon forums, I couldn't find a ninetails that utelized all 4 egg moves, and now I'm stuck since I could do basically any moveset that Smogon / other pokemon forums threw at me. The only thing in common was that all alolan ninetails movesets used Auora Veil.

After watching several youtube videos of people using Alolan Ninetails, I realized that most people either used a Protect/Auora Veil/Freeze-Dry/Blizzard Ninetails or a Protect/Auora Veil/Moonblast/Blizzard Ninetails with either Light Clay or Focus Sash. I want to ask which moveset for ninetails would be the best. I also wanted to ask if a scarf or lens ninetails with Moonblast/Freeze-Dry/Hyper Beam/Dark Pulse might work in competetive battles because no-one would expect it, and scarf ninetails outspeeds scarf garchomp, which would be one of my biggest problems. Other problems I see in this set are pokemon like Arcanine, Trick-Room, and bulky pokemon like snorlax.

My current competetive team is Buterfree, Arcanine, Koko, Raichu, M-Metagross, and hopefully ninetails. Buterfree and Raichu for Sleep Powder/Fake out/speed control, koko for terrain control, M-Metagross as a bulky sweeper, and Ninetails as a sweeper and weather control. Please note that I have watched many competetive VGC battles on youtube/twitter, and many of the pokemon I have are based off of these youtubers, and I cannot give them all credit, 1) because I forgot their names, and 2) there's too many to count. Basically the only unique pokemon I have are my Metagross and the Ninetails.

Again, any input to help me get better at making threads so that they are easier to follow will be greatly appreciated, and thanks for spending the time to read this.
Aurora Veil is in every set because it's the only reason to use this pokèmon. Horrible stats, lack of useful coverage and terrible type make any Choice set a wasted slot in your team.

That said, it's obv that you made confusion during your research: MMetagross is banned in VGC17, because mega stones are not allowed in this tier. The same is true for Raichu if you're talking about the old one. Are you going to play BSD or Doubles OU?

I also want to add that Atk IVs should be always 0 when you are not using physical moves to reduce Foul Play damages.
(Aug 5, 2017, 02:05 PM)Spyro190 Wrote: Aurora Veil is in every set because it's the only reason to use this pokèmon. 

...it is cute and fluffy.  That's why I use it... -__-;  It looks like a spitz dog I had growing up.

Freeze Dry is a must imho for taking out water types, even though Blizzard is more powerful. I see a lot of people recommending fire type Hidden Power,  but I'm not sure you can get that- and leaving a Pokemon with her typing out against steel is a bad idea imho, even with Aurora Veil.

The problem with using Encore is that it wastes a turn when you're using a Pokemon a well-trained housecat could faint. Sad