Share:    Facebook Facebook Reddit

[REQUEST] Looking for fun, alternate Flareon builds other than Smogon's
Does anyone have any alternate, fun builds for Flareon?

I just finished building an Offensive Choice Band one from Smogon's build, from a Shiny Eevee I bred that didn't have my intended ability (wanted a Guts one for Toxic Orb), but I would like to see if you guys have any other suggestions Smile

Thank you!
Flareon @ Leftovers
Ability: Flash Fire
Level: 50
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- Lava Plume
- Wish
- Protect
- Roar/Heal Bell

You can run a support cleric set. Flareon has key resistances to Ice, Fire and Grass allowing it to switch into attackers such as Cryoganal, Gourgeist, Simisage, Simisear, Leafeon among others relatively easy. Lava Plume allows Flareon to get off decent damage plus has a 30% chance to burn. Wish + Protect for recovery and Roar to phase out set up sweepers or you can run Heal Bell to cure status conditions.

Flareon @ Toxic Orb
Ability: Guts
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Flame Charge
- Flare Blitz
- Facade
- Iron Tail

Basic Flame Charge + 3 attacks set. Flareon gets a nice speed boost and from there you can pick off teams with Flare Blitz, Facade and Iron Tail. Quick Attack is an option over Iron Tail in case priority is more necessary over coverage. Superpower doesn't work well with this set because it forces you to switch out after dealing damage.

Flareon @ Choice Specs
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Fire Blast
- Shadow Ball
- Hidden Power [Grass]
- Hyper Voice / Overheat

Specs Flareon is functional as well. Coming off a base 95 special (which is only 11 lower than Pyroar and 5 lower than Magmar), Flareon can dish out good damage. Fire Blast is Flareon's main offensive option, Shadow Ball and HP Grass for coverage and Hyper Voice for a neutral hit or Overheat to do more damage at the risk of the special attack drop.
Thank you :3