Share:    Facebook Facebook Reddit

[XY] Shiny Hunt Advice?
So, I've only ever gotten shinies from horde encounters in Omega Ruby, but after literally three days trying to get a damn numel, I've decided to skip over to X/Y and try my hand at poke-radar chaining. I have thirty or so max repels, a level one hundred pokemon to help me cleave through the wild pokemon I encounter, and a few hours free. Is there anything I'm missing? Are there any secret special techniques from the pros?

I know how the basic concept works: Don't interrupt the chain, keep stocked on repels, chain level forty is maximum chance, and so on. But I dunno if there's any finesse required, or if it's  just a matter of not messing up.
You need focus and skill.
Justin Flynn, one of the Admins/Creators actually has a tutorial on YouTube.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yDyJtCrE7Dc
(Aug 22, 2016, 07:28 PM)MagicalMops Wrote: You need focus and skill.

Good thing I don't need patience. I suck at that thing :P

(Aug 22, 2016, 10:06 PM)rmllavaneras Wrote: Justin Flynn, one of the Admins/Creators actually has a tutorial on YouTube.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yDyJtCrE7Dc

Thanks! I'll watch this as soon as I can.
You could try the friend safari which does require quite a bit of patience but you just run around until you find a shiny!!!
You can quit your game or leave the safari but the chain continues.
I would avoid going into another safari as I do not know if it breaks the chain.

Hope this helps  Undecided
\>--Scarlet--</
(Aug 23, 2016, 03:24 AM)ScarletSableye Wrote: You could try the friend safari which does require quite a bit of patience but you just run around until you find a shiny!!!
You can quit your game or leave the safari but the chain continues.
I would avoid going into another safari as I do not know if it breaks the chain.

Hope this helps  Undecided
\>--Scarlet--</

Thanks! I have a friend who's gonna get X soon, so hopefully I can invade his friend Safari :D
Thanks for the tip!
(Aug 22, 2016, 07:20 PM)HazelCapulus Wrote: So, I've only ever gotten shinies from horde encounters in Omega Ruby, but after literally three days trying to get a damn numel, I've decided to skip over to X/Y and try my hand at poke-radar chaining. I have thirty or so max repels, a level one hundred pokemon to help me cleave through the wild pokemon I encounter, and a few hours free. Is there anything I'm missing? Are there any secret special techniques from the pros?

I know how the basic concept works: Don't interrupt the chain, keep stocked on repels, chain level forty is maximum chance, and so on. But I dunno if there's any finesse required, or if it's  just a matter of not messing up.
Something you should really avoid is using the circle pad. It'll put your skates on and end the chain. That's how I messed up a chain of 36 by accident... but I got my shiny goomy on my 8th chain with fast music.