Share:    Facebook Facebook Reddit

[REQUEST] Need help building OU team!
I've been working on building an OU team and I cant seem to get one to work effeciently, I have like 3 teams built but they're all faulty and need some help making them work better so if anyone on here could help me out by making recommendations or helping me improve them I would love that very much
@Trompelemonde I have a teambuilding lab if you want me to build something for you :] or if you prefer PM me your teams and I'll fix them.
@"Elly" Mind if I do a little bit of both? pff
(Sep 11, 2016, 08:34 PM)Trompelemonde Wrote: @"Elly" Mind if I do a little bit of both? pff

Sure, just keep in mind it might take a while because of school :/ I'll do my best though.
@Trompelemonde I'll also be happy to assist you wherever I can in making those OU teams viable as well as provide intel on the metagame if requested. After all, it wouldn't make sense for me to fix your team without explaining what and what works
@Marcusube 

Thank you for this btw

Weavile @ Life Orb  
Ability: Pressure  
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe  
Jolly Nature  
- Icicle Crash  
- Brick Break  
- Ice Shard  
- Knock Off  

Heatran @ Air Balloon  
Ability: Flash Fire  
EVs: 164 HP / 92 Def / 252 SpA  
Modest Nature  
IVs: 0 Atk  
- Flamethrower  
- Earth Power  
- Flash Cannon  
- Dragon Pulse  

Togekiss @ Choice Scarf  
Ability: Serene Grace  
EVs: 252 SpA / 104 SpD / 152 Spe  
- Air Slash  
- Flamethrower  
- Dazzling Gleam  
- Thunder Wave  

Hitmonlee @ Sitrus Berry  
Ability: Unburden  
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 SpD  
Adamant Nature  
- Close Combat  
- Earthquake  
- Fake Out  
- Bullet Punch  

Gastrodon @ Leftovers  
Ability: Storm Drain  
EVs: 108 HP / 180 Def / 120 SpA / 100 SpD  
Calm Nature  
- Scald  
- Protect  
- Earth Power  
- Toxic  

Banette-Mega @ Banettite  
Ability: Prankster  
EVs: 228 HP / 252 Atk / 28 Def  
Adamant Nature  
- Will-O-Wisp  
- Destiny Bond  
- Shadow Claw  
- Shadow Sneak  

and here is team two

Heracross-Mega @ Heracronite  
Ability: Skill Link  
EVs: 116 HP / 196 Atk / 196 Spe  
Adamant Nature  
- Close Combat  
- Rock Blast  
- Bullet Seed  
- Pin Missile  

Tyranitar @ Life Orb  
Ability: Unnerve  
EVs: 16 HP / 240 Atk / 252 Def  
Adamant Nature  
- Crunch  
- Dragon Dance  
- Stone Edge  
- Earthquake  

Heatran @ Air Balloon  
Ability: Flash Fire  
EVs: 208 HP / 228 Def / 72 SpA  
Quiet Nature  
- Earth Power  
- Eruption  
- Dragon Pulse  
- Flash Cannon  

Skarmory @ Sitrus Berry  
Ability: Sturdy  
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe  
Adamant Nature  
- Stealth Rock  
- Roost  
- Brave Bird  
- Spikes  

Gastrodon @ Assault Vest  
Ability: Storm Drain  
EVs: 48 HP / 132 Def / 180 SpA / 148 SpD  
Calm Nature  
- Ice Beam  
- Earth Power  
- Sludge Wave  
- Scald  

Galvantula @ Life Orb  
Ability: Compound Eyes  
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe  
- Sticky Web  
- Thunder  
- Bug Buzz  
- Giga Drain 

I feel like a big problem with this one is its lack of speed
Off the bat, your first team gets bodied by Keldeo. Choice Scarf Togekiss isn't a good check to it simply because 1, Keldeo can run choice scarf and 2, Entry Hazards and residual damage. I mention Keldeo due to how good it does in the current metagame and how prevalent it is on the OU showdown ladder. Azumarill, Offensive DDance Gyarados, Sand Rush Excadrill + Tyranitar, Mega Lopunny, Mega Diancie and Metagross (eq variant) all give this team issues and these are commonly seen in OU games

Weavile prefers to run Low Kick over Brick Break to capitalize on the heavy weight Pokemon in the tier such as Ferrothorn, Excadrill, Tyranitar among others. Dragon Pulse is not good on any Pokemon that doesn't get the Same Type Attack Bonus (denoted as STAB). Hidden Power Ice is preferred and to get this Hidden Power requires either soft-resetting, powersaves or genning. If you don't like those methods then Roar/Toxic/Stealth Rock would also work on this set. I wouldn't recommend using Hitmonlee in OU, especially the Unburden set, due to how Hitmonlee is easy to pressure in this tier. Landorus-Therian, Gyarados, Azumarill, Latios, you name it! Too many Pokemon in this tier check it. I'm not sure what the Togekiss or Gastrodon EV spreads do either so I'd need you to elaborate on that but please know that running Recover on Gastrodon is a must if it is a defensive variant. Banette does work in this tier but the set you have here may be outdated for what the tier has. Destiny Bond, Will-o-Wisp/Thunder Wave, Gunk Shot and Sucker Punch allow Banette to serve as a useful utility for most teams

In regards to your second team now. Never use Sticky Web in OU. That entry hazard alone can let a Bisharp 6-0 your team, moreover, entry hazard control is too prevalent in OU for the webs to stay up for the entire match and Galvantula isn't exactly bulky so you're most likely going to just find yourself sacking it for no reason. If you need speed control, make use of status moves such as Thunder Wave, Trick Room and Tailwind in your team compositions or items such as Choice Scarf and Iron Ball (Trick Room). Eruption Heatran really isn't good in this metagame. You'd be much better off running a scarf offensive Heatran or a Specially Defensive Heatran. This team, again, gets destroyed by Keldeo

Both your teams lacked the option to remove entry hazards and they lacked pivots - pivots meaning they possess moves such as Volt Switch or U-turn, abilities such as Natural Cure and Regenerator or natural bulk and good defensive stats.

Since you're building balanced offense teams, you should construct your team to have

1 Hazard Setter and 1 Hazard Remover (can be a combination of both eg. Excadrill)
1 Stallbreaker (this is very important as stall is the most popular playstyle in OU)
2-3 Pivots (pivots lessen the need to sack and make good revenge killers and/or entry opportunities for ally wallbreakers and glass cannons)
1 Sweeper either it be a set up sweeper such as Nasty Plot Lucario or a strong sweeper such as Keldeo

Team Magma's type synergy calculator and team builder is a trap. A majority of the time having type synergy won't save you because these team builder apps don't account for just the walls on your team but your glass cannons as well which can lead to shaky defensive play. Pick your walls after you pick the main Pokemon/core you want to base your team around on and synergize the walls on your team while accounting for the fact that the main Pokemon/core need to be able to have a wall that can sponge a heavy hitting or super effective attack that comes their way

I know I didn't give you much suggestions as to how to fix your team yet but I did this simply because from here I need you to tell me what Pokemon you're comfortable with me dropping